• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mobile Video Ads

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please note your feedback left here regarding the new test will not be passed along. I have removed all relevant feedback from this thread - please post it in the correct place, which @Sharmon the Impaler helpfully added above

rugnuts the wild

I've been playing for years, spending money on events and buying diamonds here and there. I was happy about collecting incidents and using the tavern boost with GBG but now you have to watch ads to get it, this is very disappointing and ill definitely not be spending anymore money, maybe stop playing. I loved this game due to there was no ads

Oswyn the noble

ok foe, im back playing the game. After 3 years, i dont want to just walk away. Inno runs the show, we play the game and have fun. Ill deal with the dumb ads. I really love the social interaction. I had much resentment at first.. but now am willing to give it another shot.

Angel.

Just to clarify for mobile users, the announcement says that:
"The other important point to note is that not all players will experience Ads. Indeed, players that have purchased regular in-game items since establishing their account, will not encounter Ads."
I just went to one of my cities on mobile and was able to use the Aid All button without viewing an ad, because I have purchased a few things (understatement alert) since I started playing. My advice would be to buy the cheapest item/package that Inno offers and your ads should go away.
should not have to .if a player dont want ads they should not be forced to have them .cluttering up there city making it look bad

Portia the Benevolent

It just gets worse . So now the settlements not only have the big 50 diamonds to finish block that was annoying enough but NOW there’s a clapboard next to it to watch an ad. The combo of these things block the entire area. This is greed on an unprecedented level. I’ve never seen such obnoxious behavior in any other game. I already am eyeing a new game. Inno should be ashamed

Portia the Benevolent

The announcement may have said this (bolded), but it is not true.

I have purchased diamonds, yet I am still seeing the ads. This is why I asked the question in the other thread:

What is the diamond purchase threshhold for turning off the ads, and what is the timeline for them to re-start?

If you're not willing to share something basic to incentivize the purchases, you will lose paying players. I have already stopped using the mobile app; if the ads appear on the browser version without clear guidance, I'm out.
100% not true. I spent about $80 last game and have ads. I spend regularly.