• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mughal Empire

AyeMatey

I started helping Akbar the Great build up his Mughal Empire before reading the negative feedback about this settlement. At the moment, there's no problems. I work long hours so if it takes me a while to complete this settlement, I don't mind. What I like so far, is the soft lighting which is pleasing to the eye; the animation for the animals and people are so lifelike, and the artwork for the buildings of the Mughal Empire is stunning. I can’t believe how beautiful this environment is. FoE’s graphic artists are incredibly talented. They amaze me what they can create.

Last edited:

Lothar123

I'm very surprised by the final quest, which requires you to gather some goods and have a ton of diplomacy. If I remember correctly, the original final quest for the Vikings was similar, but Inno realized that it was dumb to force you to demolish your entire city and throw up a ton of diplomacy buildings to cross the finish line, so they changed it to require you to gather both goods and currency. Why has Inno gone back to the old model that even they realized--years ago now--doesn't work?

It's especially annoying because I won't have enough diplomacy even if I demolish everything but the Embassy and fill it with diplomacy buildings (taking full advantage of the chain effects). Am I really supposed to spend the next several days collecting additional Lotus so I can buy more expansions to fill with diplomacy buildings just so I can cross the finish line?

Joeyjojojo

Still working it, and still not liking it. It does improve a bit after unlocking Chhatri, but it's still much more of a pain than the others, and it takes around half the time allotted to even get to that point. Further, because of the road cost, other little pain in the rear aspects (like tear down and rebuilding to get the culture up) are even worse, because you don't want to delete roads. Repeating, I know, but eliminating the cost for roads would improve this settlement a lot...it would still have issues, but that would help (some) with 2 of the biggest problems.
Quest 15 seems to be out of place, doesn't it?
Yes, yes it does, should be swapped with 14.
This new Settlement is not even possible to finish in time to get the best time Reward, because of the "bug" that has it so that the Diplomacy does NOT stack for/with the Diplomacy buildings, like it says it will on the pop-ups for both of them.

Then when you add in that both Diplomacy buildings are larger than the first ones available in all the other previous Settlements (they're either 2x3 or 3x2, vs the 2x2 ones), and that those buildings also produced what was needed to make the "Goods" for the Settlements, AND that there isn't any 1x1 buildings for Diplomacy, means that Players would have to either spend Diamonds (which is probably the reason why they made this Settlement like this), and/or forget all about EVER finishing it for the best time Reward.
You may have a bug but keep in mind that the Diplomacy stacks with the chain buildings (decos) only when you have put them in the correct position(s) (put your embassy in a corner so that you can get the longest chains possible for both).

I agree that the large size and the specific placement are both pains, but not as breaking an issue as the combination 200 coin roads plus abysmal coin production early on. You get enough sectors unlocked and impediment removals to plan to maximize the chain(s).
I'm very surprised by the final quest, which requires you to gather some goods and have a ton of diplomacy.
Agree, the last quest looks like it's excessive, though I'm not there yet.

Lothar123

I finished my first settlement. I've already noted several specific issues in this thread (as have plenty of others, of course), but the bottom line is that, while I tend to be pretty cynical about such things, even I can't believe that Inno made a conscious decision to design a settlement this way. I'm not going to start on a second Mughals settlement for the time being, not because Mughals is boring, or because it takes too long--although both of those things are true--but because I can't shake the feeling that Inno is going to have to make changes to the settlement, and I'd rather wait for them to do that before I try again. (I know, I'll be waiting a while, but I got burned when I did Vikings too quickly and then Inno decided to increase the time rewards and to change the final quest. Fool me once....)

Last edited:

Toppcatt

You may have a bug but keep in mind that the Diplomacy stacks with the chain buildings (decos) only when you have put them in the correct position(s) (put your embassy in a corner so that you can get the longest chains possible for both).
[/QUOTE]

With this reply of yours, you seem to be assuming that I don't know how to read and follow directions, that I'm either somewhat new to the game or doing the Settlements, and/or that I did not try ALL of the possible positions (along with even attaching them with "roads") with both types of Diplomacy buildings, which I did many times before sending in a Ticket to support.

It also looks like you didn't see another of my post about this bug, in which I posted that Support told me that Inno is aware of this issue/bug, which means that your whole "correct positioning" thing here, is you making a huge assumption as far as what I did and my knowledge of this game, as I've been playing for well over 8 yrs, and have seen many of these types of "bugs" from Inno, so many times that I've lost count, and wouldn't even want to bother trying to keep count. LOL

Joeyjojojo

I really hate doing this but...
It also looks like you didn't see another of my post about this bug, in which I posted that Support told me that Inno is aware of this issue/bug
Nope, and I went back to look on this thread and couldn't find it. Doesn't really matter though, as I did start by saying "You may have a bug" as in "I don't have this issue but I'm not discounting the possibility that you do..." Also I was using your comment in support of bashing the settlement more broadly.
With this reply of yours, you seem to be assuming that I don't know how to read and follow directions
you making a huge assumption as far as what I did and my knowledge of this game,
Nope, as I said: I didn't disbelive that you had a bug as much as I thought there may be a misunderstanding. There have been players posting on the forum that something is not possible, which in fact is possible (like the mistaken idea that event buildings can't be sold at the AD). As that has happened, and could be the case here, I was posting a helpful reminder. If it isn't for you, you can ignore it rather than striking back, as it may help someone else. If it isn't helpful a mod may remove it (as may happen with both this post and yours as they really aren't related).

Unrelated note: how long a player has been playing doesn't necessarily correlate to understanding.

I want to tear my hair out. I'm unable to get 1260 diplomacy. These stupid rocks in every single 4x4 square force me to get 2 squares to put in a 3x3 building (of course, not enough of those impediment removal tools and those two squares must be chosen carefully because not all of them will let you put in anything bigger than 2x2). I had to rebuild a Goods building so I can try getting additional squares.

While it is beautiful, it's just not fun. Not doing this one again unless it's significantly improved.

Did they just ignore the feedback from the beta testers?

Brutusone

It is rather boring! Your water ways and Alleys should count as roads. Far too many rocks to be removed or not enough pick axes to get rid of rocks. There is no way to finish this during the time allotted to get the max reward. Far to slow in developing anything to keep your attention.

AnnieEliza

With this reply of yours, you seem to be assuming that I don't know how to read and follow directions, that I'm either somewhat new to the game or doing the Settlements, and/or that I did not try ALL of the possible positions (along with even attaching them with "roads") with both types of Diplomacy buildings, which I did many times before sending in a Ticket to support.

It also looks like you didn't see another of my post about this bug, in which I posted that Support told me that Inno is aware of this issue/bug, which meansI that your whole "correct positioning" thing here, is you making a huge assumption as far as what I did and my knowledge of this game, as I've been playing for well over 8 yrs, and have seen many of these types of "bugs" from Inno, so many times that I've lost count, and wouldn't even want to bother trying to keep count. LOL
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your post. I've been trying to figure out if I had missed something trying to get the chains to work and the third building attached to the main building. It's nice to know I'm not loosing it.

MJ Artisan of War

I want to tear my hair out. I'm unable to get 1260 diplomacy. These stupid rocks in every single 4x4 square force me to get 2 squares to put in a 3x3 building (of course, not enough of those impediment removal tools and those two squares must be chosen carefully because not all of them will let you put in anything bigger than 2x2). I had to rebuild a Goods building so I can try getting additional squares.

While it is beautiful, it's just not fun. Not doing this one again unless it's significantly improved.

Yes, they ignored tons of Beta feedback.... Seems to be becoming the pattern...

Joeyjojojo

Slog is done, and yes, I started another because I'm a glutton for punishment. Final layout for me:
mughals.jpg
(I got expansions up to the 23 lotus then had enough rice after the final quest to buy one more, which was not necessary--I've got an extra 150 culture there)

Yes, they ignored tons of Beta feedback.... Seems to be becoming the pattern...
That's really sad and does not bode well for the future of FoE. :(

Inno, yes, it's gorgeous, but it's not enough. Listen to the beta players!

I'll take whatever time it needs to finish it (ended up making a map in Excel to work out how to place everything) but then that's it. Going back to the other settlements. I truly hate this one.

The Lady Redneck

Yes they did. They have been ignoring the feed back from Beta players for a long time. Very few people who have cities on Beta actually do any testing at all any more. Beta is no different from any other world now. Lots more uncommunicative noobs sitting in dead guilds and less actual players. LOL in answer to one query I made Support told me I did not have to do anything. Why did I not do what most others do and just use it to get advanced info on Events and new additions to the game for my other cities. Betas one bonus is they give you free diamonds for each event. (can only be used in Beta) But even the free diamonds were no longer enough to keep me there.

Last edited: