• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mughal Empire

boeffie

LOL. Well I have given up. Got all the goods, emptied my whole city, and can't get enough diplomacy to do the last quest. And just no way am I going to build more goods up, to buy more expansions.
So, without regret, it's the last you will see of me here.

I actually saw the video months ago. Developers telling us about 'back to basics' building stuff that was FoE. Having to work at fitting in buildings on the available space. And I do like that part of FoE.
But one of the hassles I had was actually trying to find the space. Could not see if room was 2x1, or 2x2, or any other variation, because there's no way to actually SEE the ground. Moving buildings around to find out they apparently wouldn't fit, but impossible to see beforehand. Couldn't see the forest for the trees

So, thank you Inno, for at least having the other settlements taken care of by those of your staff who play the game, to see if it is playable.
Or for having listened to beta players for a while.

And sorry for seeing that all that is now of no more importance, apparently

Darkest.Knight

Mughal settlement doesn't seem any better or worse than the others and it's not my least favorite, I'd put it with the Egyptian settlement as far as time to move thru it. I've done Mughal twice now, first pass I had 2 days remaining and 6 days after the second. The second time thru I spent 50 diamonds to remove 1 key impediment, seems to have helped. We'll c if next pass thru is any quicker, maybe I'll have a bit of luck getting 4X goods, not much so far.

Goombah

I am a few days into my first attempt and have to echo the negative sentiments here. It does seem like nothing is happening at the glacial pace of 50 rupees every 4 hours which basically allows me to have only one goods producing building operating at a time. I am now at the point where i am about to get the 4th achievement which will let me build Chhatri's and get me rupees every hour. That should speed things up, but it took me almost a week to get to this point. I understand why many people would give up before getting to this point. I am not sure I will do this settlement more than one time.

Beelze8u8

LeCron is the intended recipient of the following comment, Anyone else reading this should pass it along, ideally.

This new settlement is stupid and unplayable. A player that is not spending diamonds cannot finish it, since 1,300 diplomacy is about the maximum you can fill your settlement with at the end. If this settlement is not changed into something more playable, you are doing nothing but alienating anyone stupid enough to play this thing. I suppose if I had enough days left in it, I could go about generating a pile more goods to pay for more extremely expensive expansions (without being able to remove the impediments, or course), but even then it's questionable that this will produce significantly more diplomacy. The other settlements leave me believing that the programming team knows how to make a playable settlement. This is NOT like those other settlements. I hate everything about this latest installment.

Darkest.Knight

Seems as though this is a complainers forum. Mughal settlement isn't much different than the rest, in fact, it might be a bit easier than most. I've gone thru 3 times now with 2, 6, and 3 days remaining respectfully. First 2 passes I spent 50 diamonds on ea. to remove impediments, 3rd 1 I didn't spend any diamonds and wasn't that timely doing my collections, still had 3 days remaining. Found that paying attention to increasing town size is most helpful, so making and collecting goods to buy expansion is required, once u have enough room it really is cake going thru in time. I'd suggest giving it a bit more thought since it isn't that difficult and I do like the building that we get to put up.

RHAIA10

After finishing I have the utmost respect for anyone who completes the series. Next time I will expand to the uppermost rear corner and then out from the front entrance and side entrance. I will also do the quests as they come up instead of trying to get all the goods first so I didn't have to rebuild the board.
Also learned houses don't need roads to increase the population. This turned out to be the critical part to completing this one. Whew!!!

Edited: I thought I was done at quest 18. Then quest 19 was a real shock: produce 50 of each good and 1500 diplomacy. Those extra goods allowed me to buy more expansions. Clearing the horizontal water canal space and vertical alley ways are the nicest way to get diplomacy points, although there was room for different, albeit much messier, configurations. 3 days to spare. Takes much longer though, compared to the other settlements.

Last edited:

Joeyjojojo

After a bit of a break from this I started it again (run #5), and I'm still going to disagree with this:
Mughal settlement isn't much different than the rest, in fact, it might be a bit easier than most.
Mughal basically has the worst aspects of all the other settlements combined into 1...

Scarce coins (early on)? Check.
Lots of destroying/rebuilding things to get the culture? Check.
1 hr build time for the first coin production building? Check.
Coin cost to build roads? Check.
Final quest requiring lots of [goods] production? Check plus!

This also adds two additional bad elements: bad decorations (no small deco, and the chain positioning makes both dealing with obstacles and the destroy/rebuild much more of a pain than with others) and the very badly timed quest #15, which, depending on exactly what your requirements are for the settlement can completely put progress on hold to gather goods you don't need. There's also a bit of a mobile/browser issue with this one from the set: knowing what good you are going to get from the town hall is incredibly helpful, particularly if you're close on time, and on mobile you can't see this.

If you get lucky on 4x and on the exact goods provided by the town hall through its set bonus then completing this in time can be straight forward (if still painful) but if those don't happen and/or you get a bad luck draw with either obstacles or goods distribution requirements, then things change. Basically, a whole lot has to go right for this settlement to be completed in time, but even when it can be it's still a pain relative to others.

Darkest.Knight

Too funny, I wasn't going to comment that this settlement is different from the others in that it requires a bit of thought to complete in a timely manner, but it's pretty easy after you do. It's not difficult to complete on time without spending diamonds and it won't be long before I'm finished. I'll go back to Japan since they made it a bit too easy and the Timeless Dojo sells for quite a lot in the market; I already have 12 in my town.

Darkest.Knight

It escapes me why there r so many negative comments, the building is on par w/other settlement reward buildings, 1.875 fps/square is descent and it's pretty easy to get thru the settlement on time. It may be the way I play my char, I first did the questline, then built up my fp generation (+1400/day) and now I'm working on attack and def (1000 atk/580 def). Found it's a lot easier increasing fighting skills than making more fps, so the Mughal's Temple looks pretty good. It's also surprising that players don't have more room to fill than items to fill them with, I still have room to burn; I've been pretty selective in choosing GBs and even removed 5 that r useless now since I have a surplus of all consumables.

Joeyjojojo

that it requires a bit of thought to complete in a timely manner
Not really thought so much as dedication/time. So far as easy completions: Egypt hands down, though it's a longer playthrough than Japan, it requires the least amount of active time of any of them, and it has the best secondary building, though it's not quite as good as it used to be.

As for your other comments, I don't really get the point, but sounds like a solid city.

Tytan the Great

Can the mobile UI be updated for the Embassy to show the collection time, number of bonuses, as well as the bonus type? It does this on PC, and would be very helpful for the mobile platform to also show this information.
This x1000. This settlement is already so slow, tedious, and boring; we mobile players need all the help we can get.

Currently, on iOS, tapping on the town hall brings up the development overview screen. But there is already a button called develop that will bring up the same screen, so there is redundancy. Instead, tapping on the town hall should bring up all the info about the set bonus, like explanations about the set, time remaining, how many and what goods coming up next, etc. Since the set bonus is the main characteristic of this particular settlement, there should be some overview about it for the player.

Last edited:

Zatrikon

I went through the Mughal settlement once, and just managed to get the Bronze chest. I almost always get the Gold chests in all the other settlements. I decided to try it again with a different strategy to see if that helps. So far, no.

Lothar123

I went through the Mughal settlement once, and just managed to get the Bronze chest. I almost always get the Gold chests in all the other settlements. I decided to try it again with a different strategy to see if that helps. So far, no.
I think the key is to start expanding diagonally up to the left--behind your embassy--and to gradually move your embassy back. Eventually, you get it along the top left edge of the permissible settlement area. Then you expand to the lower left and upper right. The goal is to get a T-shaped settlement area so you can get the maximum number of chained diplomacy buildings extending from the front and sides.

It's painfully slow and tedious and, once you figure out the pattern, not all that interesting of a puzzle. I've only done it twice (and am happy to defer to corrections or comments from someone more experienced), but I don't think I'll bother with a third.