• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mughal Empire

Darkest.Knight

It's profoundly slow in the beginning but takes almost no personal time, which is fine by me. After a few days it picks up quite a lot but still doesn't require much time, resource generation is really slow for a while. But I've found when I figured out "my" method it's failsafe, I've finished everything and I'm now repeating to generate minarets to sell in market. I found the pattern I prefer is horizontal, easy to produce 1500 diplo before I finish all the goods productions.
I like fps so I like the Mughal Temple, especially when BG double it to 60 fps.

Lothar123

Darkest.Knight, since I've been following the T-pattern I'm curious about your comment that "the pattern I prefer is horizontal." Do you expand straight left and right (well...down and to the left, up and to the right) and not expand to the front or back of your embassy?

Darkest.Knight

I expand both sides of the town adjacent to the Townhall, remove the impediments, move the Townhall to the right, U can make quite a line of canals that way and I think after 3 u get the extra 30 for all additional 1's added. I don't always do the alleys, depends on luck if I need to or not. Works for me. Townhall, lol, is the embassy, sry, terminology.

Zatrikon

Should I spend the goods on expansions first, or unlock the better buildings first? Having only Bhavans and even Shanti Ghars doesn't seem to generate enough money to keep goods in production. It takes a long, boring time to get to that first money-making building.

Darkest.Knight

Get to shanti then accumulate some extra rupees to keep from pausing goods production. To move along quickly in the beginning need some luck getting a 4X goods, it's about a 50-50 for me now sometimes I have zero luck and get close to running out of time.

Zatrikon

Well, I just completed my second run through the Mughals in both my worlds, and managed to get the Silver chest this time. So that's an improvement.

Simply expanding "up" to get the most room for the linked diplomacy bonuses doesn't quite cut it, because of all the impediments. And you need room to build the all the buildings you need to be able to get the expansions in the first place. Once you've used all the (very few) impediment removals they give you, you're stuck until you get the next one.

It seems you just have to build all your residential and goods buildings to get all the goods you need to unlock the next building, then tear these all down and build diplomacy buildings to unlock it, then tear these down and build back all the goods buildings you need again. Rather, rinse, repeat. You just have to keep tearing them down and rebuilding them to have enough room to do what you need.

I'll try it again, after the Forge Bowl event is over. Maybe the third time is the charm, and I'll get the gold chest.

Sharmon the Impaler

I plod through it and don't bother at all with the secondary building. Getting the embassy up high enough to put 5 allies is key however but so is getting 14 Shantis up at letting them rot for a couple days while you collect enough rupees.

Lothar123

It seems you just have to build all your residential and goods buildings to get all the goods you need to unlock the next building, then tear these all down and build diplomacy buildings to unlock it, then tear these down and build back all the goods buildings you need again. Rather, rinse, repeat. You just have to keep tearing them down and rebuilding them to have enough room to do what you need.
Haven't all of the settlements (except possibly for Egypt) been that way, to varying extents? I agree that it's worse with Mughals because you have to get the (large) diplomacy buildings into the correct positions, but the whole "collect goods, tear down a bunch of buildings, build a bunch of diplomacy buildings, unlock one or more techs, tear all the diplomacy buildings back down, and rebuild what you tore down two minutes ago" thing has been a very annoying feature of settlements from the beginning.

Darkest.Knight

Too funny, Mughal is as easy or easier than the rest; I'm doing it so I can collect my FI rewards and receive 80 FP's and Minaret fragments. Since I'm not paying much attention I'm finishing 1 day late and receive only 6 fragments instead of 15. When paying attention always finished on time w/o spending diamonds. I mentioned before that I expand the town horizontally adjacent to the townhall, just need to c it once and it's obvious. If u like FP's the Mughal Temple is a great little building and the Minarets useful early in the game.

I've done all the settlements quite a lot as I progressed along, used everything initially and have since sold extras e.g. runes, minarets, etc and kept only the primary buildings and 12 Dojo Temples. The extras have good market value, I'll remove the Dojos when I find better items to replace them.

For myself I disliked the Aztec Settlement, the minesweeper knockoff just isn't for me, too luck dependent. Maybe that's why I like Mughal best, if u think about it just a bit it's the most straight forward to complete on time. The devil is in the details, I didn't mention that choosing the right impediments matters quite a lot, if u don't remove them correctly u've blown it. How u expand the town also matters, need to make room for the larger buildings u get as u go along. The real variable is receiving 4X production buffs, no luck at all is also a killer.

Last edited: