• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the new suggestion area

Kranyar the Mysterious

• If your idea reaches over 50% of votes in favour at the end of the 30 days, we will pass the idea on for feedback!
  • If it does not reach the required threshold it will be moved to Suggestions that were downvoted by the community and we will submit it to the developers for consideration.

So everything that is sent to a vote of the community will be forwarded to the Developers, whether the community approves it or not. That is what I'm taking from the rules. Am I correct?

Kranyar the Mysterious

• If your idea is still valid, add a new post to the main suggestions area.
  • Your new idea will remain invisible to other players until the CM team has a chance to consider it.
  • If we approve your idea it will be approved and moved to the Suggestions for voting area.
When I open the main suggestions area there are posts visible to me (that I didn't submit). According to the rules, shouldn't those posts be invisible to me?

DreadfulCadillac

I have a question. Old suggestion proposals that have been submitted but that we can't see anymore (like the one I passed), should we re-submit those? Either way, can you make it so that we can once again see all the old submitted/rejected proposals?

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
  • If your idea reaches over 50% of votes in favour at the end of the 30 days, we will pass the idea on for feedback!
  • If it does not reach the required threshold it will be moved to Suggestions that were downvoted by the community and we will submit it to the developers for consideration.

So everything that is sent to a vote of the community will be forwarded to the Developers, whether the community approves it or not. That is what I'm taking from the rules. Am I correct?
Thank you for pointing this out, I have adjusted the wording and it should now be correct :)

• If your idea is still valid, add a new post to the main suggestions area.
  • Your new idea will remain invisible to other players until the CM team has a chance to consider it.
  • If we approve your idea it will be approved and moved to the Suggestions for voting area.
When I open the main suggestions area there are posts visible to me (that I didn't submit). According to the rules, shouldn't those posts be invisible to me?
Can you link the forum affected by this? there is currently only one post in the main section, and one waiting for community feedback and voting

I have a question. Old suggestion proposals that have been submitted but that we can't see anymore (like the one I passed), should we re-submit those? Either way, can you make it so that we can once again see all the old submitted/rejected proposals?
We decided after much debate to archive the older suggestion simply because there were so many it would have been too cumbersome to sort through them. The criteria on which we judge ideas as allowed or not allowed was relaxed (as you can see by the greatly simplified posting rules) and we will therefore consider ideas that have been rejected before. That does not change that they must still meet the minimum guidelines to be considered and if they are technically unfeasible we will of course let you know. If you can please let me know what the idea was in a private message I will be happy to do a quick search and see if I can locate it for you.

Graviton

I just submitted one to the main Ideas forum and it says "awaiting approval" before it'll post. It's not visible, so that seems to be working. I think if you try to create a post in any of the subforums it won't work.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
^ This is correct - The area you are referring to is the list of ideas recently submitted to the devs - nobody can post there but of course everyone can see the posts (because we want you to check them before submitting)

If you want to make a suggestion it goes in the main suggestions thread and it is moderated until approved - which means it is invisible to other forum users until we approve it. Once we do, it will be moved to the voting area, I hope this answers your questions but if not please do let me know, happy to further clarify :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

@mellofax

Ok, I understand now, but if I as a regular forum user was that confused I am sure that many that follow will be too. Maybe rename the subforum from Submissions to something different like Prior Suggestions (Check Here Before Submitting) or whatever to remove confusion.

You tell people to submit to the main suggestions area, but the name of that forum is Ideas, not Suggestions, which is where my confusion came from and then at the same time there is the one actually titled Submissions which is similar in spelling. I'd rename that from Ideas to Idea Submissions or else change the wording in the instructions to avoid future confusion.

Last edited: