• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

I have noticed that the update's scroll priority is to get from worst building to best. I did find a way to counter the update, which was just to deal with it. Think optimistic, and you'll notice that it will actually save some time. At least thinking positive will be better than keep staying angry at something that you can't really do much right now. Inno got the message, now let's try to be happy by thinking optimistic :D
Technically I guess I am saving time by not setting productions. Thinking positively, I will be soon saving even more time by not bothering to log in at all. This is the only way I and probably many others with medical issues can "deal with it"....

I know there is no point of zoom, but it's not like a change is going to happen anytime soon. Just adapt to it...
My version of "adapting" is not going to work for events. A change needs to happen, and soon.

Glockgemini

I too dislike the ZOOM in after setting production. On both systems, I do have to be careful not to have two different kinds of production available to set because the system will jumble them together, such as confectionary and magnum opus, which serve two different purposes.

Not going to happen , it is an anti-script measure plain and simple.
Do explain. If you are talking about someone using a script to auto set up production then I fail to see how this works considering all player input is done on the menu overlay. The zooming crap has no effect on key input that I can see. Even if there is something I am missing, I still don't get why it is necessary, it takes only seconds to set all productions and someone doing something they shouldn't isn't getting any type of advantage. Better to just get rid of it.

DeletedUser

Do explain. If you are talking about someone using a script to auto set up production then I fail to see how this works considering all player input is done on the menu overlay. The zooming crap has no effect on key input that I can see. Even if there is something I am missing, I still don't get why it is necessary, it takes only seconds to set all productions and someone doing something they shouldn't isn't getting any type of advantage. Better to just get rid of it.

Overlays are detectable , mouse autoclickers are much harder to detect and this defeats virtually all of them. 5m productions are much higher that 4 hour and 8 hour when averaged out per hour.

FredFrickin

The only way around it is to collect one building then start a new production. This is taking longer and taking away from the gameplay. The zoom MUST go and soon or many will leave altogether including me.

The new production window is not entirely functional at all so it is surprising a broken not fully tested bug would be released. It doesn't select all the production buildings, if you skip one you have to skip it 6 times to get to the end of the list, if you choose the incorrect production there is no way to just arrow back one building and there is no way to know which building is messed up without going thru them all. And the annoying zoom will not zoom back out on my surface tablet so I have to log into the PC to correct it.

The game should be fun and not be frustrating but now it is.

Somnolus

Not expecting a reply or any action. Just wanted to register my vote AGAINST the zoom feature at the end of the production reset process. I have no difficulty at the lowest magnification finding the production building in question to start the reset, so why would there be any reason to go to max zoom at the END of the process, when I would be otherwise ready to return to other game activities instead of having to reset the zoom to my preference. Very annoying and useless feature. Perhaps some developer got a bonus for coming up with a new idea to kludge up the game?

Kaidi

I did find a way to counter the update, which was just to deal with it.

I know there is no point of zoom, but it's not like a change is going to happen anytime soon. Just adapt to it...

My adaptation is that I have deleted my blacksmiths and keeping my Foeberges on 24 hour production. (Both of which I normally only used for events). I'll skip the events/dailies that use production quests, so...most of them. And I'm going to just let BG auto, because the change is screwing up my timing. If nothing else, it'll save me $80+ on each of the big events, and I gain a tiny bit of city space, so I guess I could consider that a win.

There, dealt with it. :)

KevinP0208

My adaptation is that I have deleted my blacksmiths and keeping my Foeberges on 24 hour production. (Both of which I normally only used for events). I'll skip the events/dailies that use production quests, so...most of them. And I'm going to just let BG auto, because the change is screwing up my timing. If nothing else, it'll save me $80+ on each of the big events, and I gain a tiny bit of city space, so I guess I could consider that a win.

There, dealt with it. :)
It's better to adapt to it rather than just complain about something that won't change fast enough. Even tho I want to see a change, I don't think it will come fast, therefore rather than making myself unhappy, I might as well just think positive. You WILL find something good if you try to think positive...

dergerch

Think optimistic, and you'll notice that it will actually save some time.
not necessarily - if you have multiple types of buildings that you want to set to different production times, you need to pay attention to what building you're setting next. Since the scrolling of the production menu is almost as annoying* as the zoom "feature" I'd probably be faster by clicking my way through the buildings one by one myself - at least that way I know what building I'm on and don't have to try to refocus on a menu that was sliding before my eyes moments ago.

* don't anyone tell me they are able to look at the menu while they're clicking without going googley-eyed.
Let's be honest: Inno's UX designers should be sat in front of this abomination and watch their scrolling menu with "added intentional zoom feature" 24/7. I'll gladly provide a copy of Beethoven's ninth...

Johnny B. Goode

you need to pay attention
You say this like it's a bad thing. Support would be very happy if players actually did pay attention to what they're doing more often. I don't understand this mindset that you should be able to play a game and succeed without ever paying attention to what you're doing. I completely understand the frustration with the zoom, but this complaint is just ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

Overlays are detectable , mouse autoclickers are much harder to detect and this defeats virtually all of them. 5m productions are much higher that 4 hour and 8 hour when averaged out per hour.
You are still not explaining this in a manner that makes sense to me. The overlay I am talking about is the production selection overlay that we have to click on to do anything. The same one that we had before. I still don't understand how the scrolling and zooming stuff in the background is magically affecting an autoclicker when the clicking is done in the same places on the overlay. If they wanted to prevent autoclicking then they would move the production menu overlay to different places on the screen so the input would have to also move around on the screen.

Johnny B. Goode

zoom effect defeats its purpose of productivity
I like everything else
I agree that the zoom is annoying, but how does it "defeat" its purpose of productivity? It takes much less time to zoom out once than it does to individually click on each building in turn, moving around the screen as you do so. Especially if your production buildings aren't grouped together in your city. Seriously, the only valid argument against the zoom is that it's annoying. Overall, the change to setting production building cycles is tremendously more efficient.

KevinP0208

not necessarily - if you have multiple types of buildings that you want to set to different production times, you need to pay attention to what building you're setting next. Since the scrolling of the production menu is almost as annoying* as the zoom "feature" I'd probably be faster by clicking my way through the buildings one by one myself - at least that way I know what building I'm on and don't have to try to refocus on a menu that was sliding before my eyes moments ago.

* don't anyone tell me they are able to look at the menu while they're clicking without going googley-eyed.
Let's be honest: Inno's UX designers should be sat in front of this abomination and watch their scrolling menu with "added intentional zoom feature" 24/7. I'll gladly provide a copy of Beethoven's ninth...
Ok, let's get this straight. There are 11 pages behind you complaining and suggesting to toggle it on and off. 11 WHOLE PAGES. If there are that many complaints to it, I'm pretty CERTAIN that Inno got the message. It takes time and effort for programmers to fix and add stuff, so it's not like they're magicians that can easily say *Bop* and the next update appears. IT TAKES TIME. So now, are you going to be that annoying 5-year old who whines in the car "are we there yet" every minute, or are you going to be the good kid who finds something useful to do in the car. Me, I'm going to think positive and try to find something good in this update while I'm waiting patiently for a fix. I don't know about you, but I'm sure it's your loss that you are going to be sulking the whole time. I doubt you're going to find ANYTHING useful while waiting and sulking.

Ok, let's get this straight. There are 11 pages behind you complaining and suggesting to toggle it on and off. 11 WHOLE PAGES. If there are that many complaints to it, I'm pretty CERTAIN that Inno got the message. It takes time and effort for programmers to fix and add stuff, so it's not like they're magicians that can easily say *Bop* and the next update appears. IT TAKES TIME. So now, are you going to be that annoying 5-year old who whines in the car "are we there yet" every minute, or are you going to be the good kid who finds something useful to do in the car. Me, I'm going to think positive and try to find something good in this update while I'm waiting patiently for a fix. I don't know about you, but I'm sure it's your loss that you are going to be sulking the whole time. I doubt you're going to find ANYTHING useful while waiting and sulking.
It would be nice to hear that they are working on something rather than silence. Obviously they are "aware" that people are not happy, this does not mean they are doing anything about it. I may as well use my extra time that I cannot use to play the game to occasionally post here to remind them that something needs to be done. I find this to be more useful than staring at the unplayable game and sulking.