• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

KevinP0208

It would be nice to hear that they are working on something rather than silence. Obviously they are "aware" that people are not happy, this does not mean they are doing anything about it. I may as well use my extra time that I cannot use to play the game to occasionally post here to remind them that something needs to be done. I find this to be more useful than staring at the unplayable game and sulking.
I don't think unplayable is the correct term. The zoom is annoying all right, but that's the only real point to it. Annoying. Nothing else. All the complaints I see are reasonable. I even wrote my own on page 7-8. But seeing that THIS MANY people are complaining, Inno HAS to do something about it. I doubt that they will just ignore this. So in the meanwhile, stop sulking. Just because it auto-zooms doesn't make it unplayable. Am I the only one who can play the game even with the zoom? Or are you actually serious about you not being able to play because you have to unzoom everytime? You're clearly not happy about this update. Me neither. This HAS to be fixed. But the difference between you and me is that I actually think positive and try to think that this is helpful. The result? Me just being happy. Thinking about it, the scroll is actually saving more time than manually clicking. Manually clicking takes estimate 30 seconds for me to finish. Scroll takes 5 seconds + unzoom which takes 3. 5 + 3 = 8 seconds. I actually SAVE 22 seconds with this update.

Agent327

It would be nice to hear that they are working on something rather than silence. Obviously they are "aware" that people are not happy, this does not mean they are doing anything about it. I may as well use my extra time that I cannot use to play the game to occasionally post here to remind them that something needs to be done. I find this to be more useful than staring at the unplayable game and sulking.

If changes are going to be made you will hear it when they are announced. Not before. Occasionally post here to remind them is totally useless. The feedback has already been forwarded to the devs. Repeating the same over and over again does not mean it will be forwarded over and over again. Devs are aware of the feedback. It is now up to them.

I don't think unplayable is the correct term. The zoom is annoying all right, but that's the only real point to it. Annoying. Nothing else. All the complaints I see are reasonable. I even wrote my own on page 7-8. But seeing that THIS MANY people are complaining, Inno HAS to do something about it. I doubt that they will just ignore this. So in the meanwhile, stop sulking. Just because it auto-zooms doesn't make it unplayable. Am I the only one who can play the game even with the zoom? Or are you actually serious about you not being able to play because you have to unzoom everytime? You're clearly not happy about this update. Me neither. This HAS to be fixed. But the difference between you and me is that I actually think positive and try to think that this is helpful. The result? Me just being happy. Thinking about it, the scroll is actually saving more time than manually clicking. Manually clicking takes estimate 30 seconds for me to finish. Scroll takes 5 seconds + unzoom which takes 3. 5 + 3 = 8 seconds. I actually SAVE 22 seconds with this update.
It is unplayable for me because I have motion sickness issues. I do not play games that cause me migraines and nausea, it is not worth it. (Can't play first person games, can't watch movies on a big screen, have to use a small window on my computer for them, can't sit at a railroad crossing with my eyes open if a train is going by, maybe this can help to give you a better idea of my problem.) If they removed the forced scrolling and zoom then it would be just fine for me. I could work around the other issues people complain about, although I would still like to see options for them as well.

CommanderCool1234

It is unplayable for me because I have motion sickness issues. I do not play games that cause me migraines and nausea, it is not worth it. (Can't play first person games, can't watch movies on a big screen, have to use a small window on my computer for them, can't sit at a railroad crossing with my eyes open if a train is going by, maybe this can help to give you a better idea of my problem.) If they removed the forced scrolling and zoom then it would be just fine for me. I could work around the other issues people complain about, although I would still like to see options for them as well.
I feel bad for you but you are the only one who doesn't like the zoom for an actual reason. Everyone else just thinks it's "annoying". So just because you have a rare "condition" doesn't mean the whole game has to change and if you can only use small screens just download foe on your phone.

RazorbackPirate

I feel bad for you but you are the only one who doesn't like the zoom for an actual reason. Everyone else just thinks it's "annoying". So just because you have a rare "condition" doesn't mean the whole game has to change and if you can only use small screens just download foe on your phone.
That you don't think annoying is worthy of being fixed does not make those arguments any less valid than the poster with motion sickness issues. The whole thing is annoying. That is an actual reason, like it or not. Given the choice between keeping as is, making it the way it was, keep but remove the zoom, I would vote go back to the way it was. This is NOT an improvement to the game.

Emberguard

The reason people find it annoying is it‘s counterproductive to what the feature is trying to accomplish. I’d say that’s a pretty good reason

Pretty sure I am not the only person who has posted about nausea, etc. Also I am not asking for the whole game to change, just for an option to be able to turn off the stuff causing the issues so I can continue playing it. And no, I am not wasting money on a new phone just to play a game. Unless you want to buy me one?

CommanderCool1234

Pretty sure I am not the only person who has posted about nausea, etc. Also I am not asking for the whole game to change, just for an option to be able to turn off the stuff causing the issues so I can continue playing it. And no, I am not wasting money on a new phone just to play a game. Unless you want to buy me one?
Okay, makes sense. I actually agree, there should be an option to turn it off but I am still just shocked at how many people commented on a tiny feature that didn't even effect them that much.

DevaCat

Okay, makes sense. I actually agree, there should be an option to turn it off but I am still just shocked at how many people commented on a tiny feature that didn't even effect them that much.
Who are you to decide how much other people are effected by any feature? Or how large that feature may seem to be to them? This is the place for their feedback. Your comment regarding an on/off option is feedback. Your remarks regarding other's feedback, shocking or not to you, are pointless here.

On point, an on/off option might be considered, or perhaps some sort of visual shielding from the motions that are disturbing to some might be developed.

Johnny B. Goode

perhaps some sort of visual shielding from the motions that are disturbing to some might be developed.
Something like...oh, I don't know...maybe closing your eyes while holding down the hotkey for the production cycle you desire? Seems like an extremely simple solution that would work. Maybe too simple? I doubt that anything can be done about the scrolling, because how else will you know what building you're setting? They have to scroll from one to the next. The zoom they can get rid of, but how do you go from one building to the next without scrolling?

Something like...oh, I don't know...maybe closing your eyes while holding down the hotkey for the production cycle you desire? Seems like an extremely simple solution that would work. Maybe too simple? I doubt that anything can be done about the scrolling, because how else will you know what building you're setting? They have to scroll from one to the next. The zoom they can get rid of, but how do you go from one building to the next without scrolling?
This would work if all the buildings were the same and you were going to set them for the same amount of time for each. Also if they would pick the buildings in some sense of order, when I first tried this new stuff it jumped all over the place between different building types. Another thing that may help would be if they made the menu screen slightly smaller (but still large enough that those with bad vision could read it.) A shame really that they couldn't have some sort of click and drag feature like we can do for collections but use it to select certain production buildings then have the menu overlay pop up to input the time once for only those buildings.

FelixTheEngine

I suspect one or more devs may fantasize that bucket is labeled Soylent Green.
And I am among MANY who would like to drop the Devs, who Destroyed what was a GREAT Idea , into some Soylent Green

LOSE : Zoom and Center, random bldg selection
ADD : Start with bldg clicked on, STAY with that bldg (preferably the one right next it), auto pick next lower, each lower until finish, then if ness start at top, and cycle thru next lower

Last edited:

Nice2HaveU

Have to give my applause to the developer for the new production building (auto pickup and zoom) feature. Also, continent map sector progress screen looks nice but felt like added more empty spaces in the design which gave a thought for more enhancement in the future and guessing like these came from this update. Since didn't do production and continent map action for long time, while playing today, was surprised to see it. Liking both changes in the game. Great Job Devs!!

Are all event production buildings on the same production window with the forced zoom afterwards or do they get done separately like the old way? Mostly wondering about a Sleigh Builder and a Sunken Treasure. I am guessing that regular production buildings are on their own window. Just trying to see if I can get through the 4 hr x 17 production quest before the end of the event and a second building (or more) would be really helpful. It doesn't zoom with only one standard building but this will take too long. I don't have enough store building items to test this myself.

(Yes I know I will not finish the event because of this update but I still want to see how far I can get)

Glockgemini

Please, please, please, get rid of the zoom-and-scroll! It's extremely annoying! Nobody wants it. It is counter-productive. It is not in any way useful. I'm begging you!
Besides being annoying, it's a lot slower. I find myself hitting the X button several times waiting for it to activate. It used to be instant. Just pop the message up and let us close it. The expanding to normal size is slow and closing it is even slower. This is the opposite of useful and helpful.

Exactly! It's very annoying to zoom out all the time and makes be actually a little bit sick, literally. Please remove this feature! Quickly!!!

Makes me kind of dizzy. I end up closing my eyes before the last click so I don't see the disorienting zoom in and I scroll down to get out of the zoom.

It feels like a complete lack of respect to change a user's preferences (which the zoom level is). It's also contrary to how the game works everywhere else. This was a very bad idea. I don't know why it was approved by Inno. Like entering the Settlement, it's zoomed in despite my leaving it zoomed out. Like entering Messages and by default the active tab is "Guild" instead of "Social", where I was last.