• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

ryko25

I have to agree with this sentiment. I'd like to be able to opt out of both the scroll and zoom feature.
Me too - driving me absolutely mad. WHY?!!! WHY???! Why would anybody think "I know, after players have collected then their screen will (automatically and compulsorily) zoom in so that they then have to manually fix the zoom back to where they always have it"? And then presumably a group of other people said "YES! That sounds a great idea! What a huge improvement to have everybody have to adjust the zoom on their screen every time they collect something!"

It's just lunacy. Can anybody even explain a POSSIBLE reason for it?

ryko25

You may want to try using a different browser. I don't like Google personally, so I don't use Chrome ever. You may try either Edge or Vivaldi. I haven't had issues with either one of them. Personally though, I play on Mac and use Safari and everything works fine there for me. I do have to deal with the zooming after the building window closes though. I just thought that I would try to assist you with the random zooming issue you said you were having. Let me know if that helps.

PS - You may also try to see if there is an update for Chrome out there that you haven't installed yet. If so, that could be causing you issues as well.
Always the sign of a great update when the solution to a new pointless feature such as having to reset zoom EVERY TIME you collect something is "don't use Chrome" or "just play on mobile, then". Of course, the option "yes, good point, we can see how infuriating such a pointless feature must be, we'll remove it, sorry" doesn't seem to be an option.

Emberguard

I don't actually care whether the zoom is there or not. I just think that the amount of outrage about it is way out of proportion. But please, carry on whining. Just remember, repeatedly posting about this minor inconvenience takes much longer than the alleged 6 seconds spent on the inconvenience itself.
Except there isn't a workaround available for this. There's no way to play better or differently, there's no advice to give here on whether there's an alternative that would better suit another players needs and wants to see if the problem is the feature or the players understanding of the feature. You either like it or you don't and given it's newly released now's the time to give feedback on any changes. Developers aren't mind readers.

I agree with those that have posted so far. It's annoying to have it zoom in because it serves no practical purpose and is merely a hindrance.

lunasea

I have never had and will never have a mobile device.
I am using a laptop that is getting old and cranky (Dec 2016). I hope to be able to get another computer/laptop. Money doesn't grow on trees especially this past year up to now and in the future. I am low-income and glad I can play this on a device that was gifted because I couldn't have afforded the new price and I can't afford a smart phone--for gaming no less. My landline works just fine.

Vger

You either like it or you don't and given it's newly released now's the time to give feedback on any changes
@Emberguard, have you seen anyone yet that likes it? (And I mean the pan and zoom part, not the overall change, which I do like a lot).
Usually when people start to "whine" on a feedback thread, there are others that are defending the change and explaining how it makes the game better. (The negotiation changes a while back come to mind).

I don't see that here (or on EN or beta). I see a couple people saying suck it up and stop whining, or use a different device or change the way you play.
I don't see anyone saying: The zoom feature is good, once you learn how to use it. It is now easier to do X.

Can anyone solve for X?

Jimcat

Ergonomics has been a discipline in application/game development for years now. It's ergonomics that lead to changes like typing the exact number of FPs desired to add to GB rather than clicking the +10 and +1 buttons. The new feature of setting multiple production buildings quickly is an example. Ways to make the user more easily interact with the system. So mentioning that many find part of the change makes it harder to interact is quite valid.

The ergonomics argument is exactly what I was thinking of . I understand the auto-scrolling through production selections . Some people might prefer to do without it,but I think that it can make the gameplay easier for a lot of people .

But the auto-zoom fails the ergonomics test . Under what circumstances would someone think , "It sure would help me play this game if the screen jumped to maximum zoom-in when I finished settling my productions "? Seriously , who wants that feature ? How does it help? Am I missing something obvious , or even something subtle , with this ?

Fishercat.

Several thoughts after using the new production building update and reading most of the posts here.
1. It takes between a nanosecond and a millisecond to zoom back out with the mouse wheel. If that bothers you, don't ever try to play a board game.

I'm a devoted board gamer and I'm irritated by the zoom issue. Apparently, so are a fair number of other people. Why downplay our irritation? It exists, and is valid.

Edited: deleted point about this probably being a bug. Per a reply from Inno, it's intended.

Last edited:

1chelly

The idea of moving from production building to production building without having to click on each one is great. I do not like that at the end when I am finished with the last production building it will zoom in on that last production building. Now every time I do productions I have to go in and zoom out and then back in again to get back to a normal view. I would rather have to click on each building than have to try and fix my view every hour.

lmret19

It might also be nice if there was an on/off check for this feature. I may have a number of the same production building and want to set them for different times but want to set specific buildings. I don't know at this time which ones I am setting. In this case I might want to turn this feature off.

Johnny B. Goode

I never said I liked the zoom. I don't. I also don't like federal cases being made out of minor annoyances. Especially when the rest of the change is light years better than the previous mechanism. Do you all know that you can click on one production building, then press and hold down the number key corresponding to the cycle you desire for your buildings, and it will cycle through all of them in less time than it apparently takes some of you to zoom out? For example, say you want to set all your production buildings to 8 hours. The number key that corresponds to that cycle is 5. So once you've clicked on the first building, press and hold the 5 key down until you are staring at the last production building. Voila! Less than a quarter of the time it normally took before, even with the fastest method. So, like I said before, get rid of the zoom or don't, I don't care. But the rest of the change is pure gold.
For production buildings:
5 minutes=1 key
15 minutes=2 key
1 hour=3 key
4 hours=4 key
8 hours=5 key
1 day=6 key.
For goods buildings:
4 hours=1 key
8 hours=2 key
1 day=3 key
2 days=4 key.

Fishercat.

I never said I liked the zoom. I don't. I also don't like federal cases being made out of minor annoyances. Especially when the rest of the change is light years better than the previous mechanism.

I think we're in agreement about both the zoom and the rest of the change. But you seem bent on classifying and dismissing other people's experiences. I don't get that. The zoom is a minor annoyance to you. My experience is not yours. That doesn't make it meaningless.

The information about the hotkeys is new to me, and interesting. Thanks. I doubt I'll find it worth memorizing, but it's good to know.

Emberguard

@Emberguard, have you seen anyone yet that likes it? (And I mean the pan and zoom part, not the overall change, which I do like a lot).
No. Haven't seen anyone that likes the zoom yet. Though I haven't been looking too hard.

I don't see that here (or on EN or beta). I see a couple people saying suck it up and stop whining, or use a different device or change the way you play.
I don't see anyone saying: The zoom feature is good, once you learn how to use it. It is now easier to do X.

Can anyone solve for X?
I'm thinking the only thing the zoom does (beyond be counter-productive) is let you know which building was the last one set. But it's irrelevant information given they either have a Z above them or they don't.

I also don't like federal cases being made out of minor annoyances
The irony is by telling everyone else they're over-reacting / whining / whatever, you're just making it into a bigger issue

Last edited:

Vger

Do you all know that you can click on one production building, then press and hold down the number key corresponding to the cycle you desire for your buildings, and it will cycle through all of them in less time than it apparently takes some of you to zoom out?
I can't speak for "you all", but yes, I did figure that out pretty quickly. I've been using the number shortcuts for a few years. And you are right, it is pure gold, at least for some, maybe most players now. Until you get to the end...ZOOM
But that isn't the discussion (argument?) we are having. It's the discussion (argument?) we should be having. Some don't like the order buildings are presented. Some don't like the way building are grouped (or not grouped) together. We should discuss (or argue) about those things.
Nope. We are discussing (arguing? No, basically nobody is arguing here) about the zoom thing.

When someone who has a deep knowledge of this game, and someone who's opinion I respect because of that says this:
No. Haven't seen anyone that likes the zoom yet.

Kinda seems to me this as an 'epic' (lowercase) fail on INNO's part. Beta should have kicked zoom back as an awful idea from the start. But it was an A/B test. Or was it an A/B test?