• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

saknika

This slow down on the quest abort is really frustrating! I don't cycle them often as I'm no longer someone who has time to quest, but this is not helping me spend my time wisely either! I already have to cycle through 9 quests here in VF (and it was more like 13 or 14 back in AF good lord), slowing them down is extra-irritating. If you're going to slow down the clicks, at least let me permanently abort the ones that I will never, ever, ever do so I have less of them to make! :mad::mad::mad:

Ctik

In every game, someone figures out how to cheat. The answer is to first kick those who have mathematically impossible scores (i.e. 17,000 fights in a day !), and the second is to implement the game that's not browser based on ALL platforms. I don't use a tablet of phone to play the game, and never will. I'm past 65 y.o. and I have a huge monitor so I can see, and a mouse so that I don't shakily fat finger over collections and other things.

To slow everyone down sucks. I paid in time and effort to gain CF's in all my worlds, have about 25 recurring quests per day, and the delay is not (yet) a killer - but it does take away from the game. One more reason to stop I suppose. Getting close.

Actually for this particular item I have another solution; allow some number (250 ?) abort clicks per day at normal speed, then slow them down. Or some similar method.
I'm not far behind you SpinDrifter, I play browser only and rarely use mobile (only when I cant get to the PC).

If this delay on RQ's is not returned to as it was, it will have been the last straw. The city will get deleted and I will spend my time elsewhere. Specially not on any INNO game. I am so done with INNO management and their decisions to aggravate the players.

And I also want to know how they will deal with those players that had large amounts of FP on GT that will not get back what they invested (1.9 ect). This change again just shows how INNO is incapable of dealing with their own mistakes and only do so far too late.

TroyEdward

Mobile Bug on new update! Cannot access Event Log from town hall nor my profile from
player Social Bar in D world on iPad App. Game closes when attempting either action.
I have deleted and reinstalled the App twice and still get same issue.

RazorbackPirate

Edit/update: so it doesn't affect mobile. I used to play mobile only, but found several things about browser that I really liked. I've been playing more since starting to play browser more, but this will probably mean back to mobile for a lot of things (collections in particular) but that does still mean less total time playing. Probably a good thing for me, but not for Inno ;)
I suspect it doesn't yet affect mobile because of the 3-5 day delay between an update being available on PC and the update able to be downloaded on from the various app stores.
Perhaps the aim of slowing the play of RQ's has nothing to do with cheating.
Maybe the goal is to drive players off of PC play and into mobile. Perhaps Inno finds mobile more profitable?
This is yet another push to migrate all players to mobile...
See above. I think this supposition is premature. Let's see what happens when Mobile players get the update.

Tracat

The whole point of Beta is to test changes before putting them live. Checking with the Beta userbase to see if the changes meet expectations or have any detrimental effects..
I very much doubt the RQ delay had any Beta players singing the praises in fact i'd say quite the opposite.
So they put the same changes to live.. which begs the question, what's the point of Beta.

The same with the zoom "feature", Before adding changes of this type surely you add the ability to turn it on or off as required. How a change like this gets through even internal program testing without those questions being asked shows a complete lack of end user involvement.

Johnny B. Goode

I doubt that it was specifically for players using bots. I think it was a long, long overdue fix of the fact that RQs combined with the CF were overpowered to the detriment of the game. Maybe a new RQ that was even more bot-friendly was the "straw" for Inno to finally decide to slow down all RQing, like they should have done years ago. Now if they'd only do something about the Arc virus.

lemur

I very much doubt the RQ delay had any Beta players singing the praises in fact i'd say quite the opposite.

The same thing happened two and a half years ago when Inno added extra buttons to complete the Unbirthday Quest. Inno's stated rationale was, "In addition to being able to introduce more variety to quests, we will avoid confusing less experienced players." That "more variety" never materialized, and the supposed "confusion" was an overblown excuse.
We complained about it on Beta, but once again the players are ignored.
There was absolutely no need to make this change, this was just "fixing" something that wasn't broken. It's like they want to purposely give us carpal tunnel syndrome.

The Unbirthday Quest is used by many players to convert coins and supplies into goods. Doing this with a high-level Château replaces all goods factories (and the headache of "unrefined goods"), thereby saving a large amount of real estate for other purposes. Inno has been undermining this playing style for years. They could just eliminate the Château altogether (and try to invent some rationale for why that would be an "improvement"). But the Château is one of the most powerful buildings in the game (perhaps exceeded only by the Arc), and scrapping it would be a manipulation too obvious. Better to lull the rubes with a slow degradation.

Inno walks a fine line between the desire to control how people play the game and not wanting to alienate their high rollers – who may have spent real money, in part, to elevate their most powerful Great Buildings.

Last edited:

Ocirasai

Has anyone noticed that the Galata Tower seems to have the wrong leveling table applied to it? The rewards for each spot (1-5) are correct for an EMA GB, but the number of FPs to level it appear to match an HMA GB. As a result, at level 46, it is showing I need to drop FPs to lock in 1st and 2nd where it should actually be in the BE (Break-Even) range.

CaptainKirk1234

I suspect it doesn't yet affect mobile because of the 3-5 day delay between an update being available on PC and the update able to be downloaded on from the various app stores.

See above. I think this supposition is premature. Let's see what happens when Mobile players get the update.
Or could it be that you cant get a bot on a phone or tablet?

Joeyjojojo

I doubt that it was specifically for players using bots.
I hope not, because it seems this change is more likely to inspire bot/clicker use than the opposite.
I think it was a long, long overdue fix of the fact that RQs combined with the CF were overpowered to the detriment of the game. Maybe a new RQ that was even more bot-friendly was the "straw" for Inno to finally decide to slow down all RQing, like they should have done years ago.
I don't really disagree with this, but the fact is that many more casual players, particularly if they have CF, do the recurring quests as they collect/spend FPs. They aren't doing hundreds/day, just 10s, but this change makes it far more tedious for them. Sure it slows down the power players who actually play rather than cheat, but it slows everyone else down too, and in a very annoying fashion.
Now if they'd only do something about the Arc virus.
LOL. Too late, we're all zombies now!

Krockitt

Add me to the ever growing list of frustrated/angry/annoyed players upset about the long delay when aborting quests. If it was to slow down people using scripts or automation to abuse the system, it really won't slow them down enough to make a difference. Instead, those of us who play the game legitimately are being punished. I do many loops of RQ's in a given day between my collections and contributing to 1.9 threads. This delay when aborting makes the game unplayable, and unenjoyable.

P C C

Mobile Bug on new update! Cannot access Event Log from town hall nor my profile from
player Social Bar in D world on iPad App. Game closes when attempting either action.
I have deleted and reinstalled the App twice and still get same issue.
I have something similar happening on mobile/Android/Kindle. I can open my event history from my Town Hall, and can choose, e.g., Trade Events without problem but if I chose Great Building Events (only) the game crashes.

Graviton

Do we have any indication that INNO is listening to the community uproar?

If they're doing it with an express purpose in mind, ostensibly to combat bots, then it won't matter how loud the uproar is. Only after the fact, when everybody who's threatening to move to Canada...errr, I mean, to stop playing the game...actually follows through on it, will it matter.

But I'm betting very few people quit the game over this. It's all hot nerd rage now but this too shall pass.