• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

iPenguinPat

There has never been an official statement. Only a CM on Beta spoke out on it and this is what he said.

"This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline."

I am with you in thinking the actual reason is to slow down players from solely relying on RQs. Changing fp packs to getting fp's in your bar in later ages and the removal of the UBQ in SAAB points in that direction.

Someone yelled it was about cheating and everybody jumped on the bandwagon. I don't think cheating has anything to do with it, but now it has become the major focus. Makes you wonder, if this is not about cheating at all, will the devs listen to feedback that does not address the actual reason for the delay?

Seems like the appropriate action would be to remove the most abusable quests or make them less abusable (i.e. remove ubq and the Saab fights). At least other RQ's would be tolerable to use. With the current change, the only people that are going to be RQing heavily are script users.. No matter what, that's a fail.

Agent327

Then why are you trying to blame the posters for the devs possibly not listening to the feedback the posters are giving?

I am not blaming anyone. I am just making a suggestion, but no surprise you read something else into it. Now since this is a feedback topic and not a discussion this ends for me here now.

PassItOn

It is literally a 2 second delay between clicking the button and the next quest coming up. I do multiple RQ every day it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Just An Observer

It is literally a 2 second delay between clicking the button and the next quest coming up. I do multiple RQ every day it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Just try doing 500K+ worth of Coins/Supplies Happy Unbirthday recursion and tell me that the delay is No Big Deal. I guess you never were a serious RQ player or otherwise you would know better!

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Really. How many hundreds of RQ's (and thus thousands of aborts) do you do per day with that level 6 Chateau and level 12 Arc? It may not seriously affect a beginning player like you who doesn't do many rq's, but it very seriously impacts long time players who have built up their cities around recurring quests.

CommanderCool1234

When you do many quests a day it can have a big impact, it is mostly the fact that Inno is punishing us players who don't cheat but not affecting the players who do cheat. What they should have done is set an example and adressed the problem by deleting several high profile player accounts.

Vger

One way to fix RQ is remove the abort choice so you have to do all of them to get back to the easy ones.
Wow, now that is an awesome idea!!! I really look forward to researching 2 new technologies every time I want to get back to an easy one.

You don't actually do RQs, do you? Thanks for providing such an obvious solution to the smart folks at Inno that also don't do RQs. Brilliant!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Wow, now that is an awesome idea!!! I really look forward to researching 2 new technologies every time I want to get back to an easy one.

You don't actually do RQs, do you? Thanks for providing such an obvious solution to the smart folks at Inno that also don't do RQs. Brilliant!
I find it most hilarious and telling that the only like to that post is by SL.

Everybody is assuming that this change was to slow down cheaters. Maybe, just maybe, it was to slow down players from solely relying on RQs. You know, this used to be a fairly well balanced game. Then the Arc virus and RQ bug hit. Then rapid power creep hit the event buildings. This is no longer a city building game or a fighting game. I'm not sure what exactly it is now. Whether someone is using bots to cheat or playing the RQ/Arc cards to amass tons of resources, there's no art or strategy to the game anymore.

Incidentally, I find it tremendously ironic to hear people talk about quitting the game over this, especially some long time Forum regulars who, in the past, have ridiculed players for playing the "I'm gonna quit" card.
The resources that are needed to run GBG are high and to age up to sam and saab are high. So yeah... we need to be able to RQ to keep up with the demands and personally I'm really irritated by the delay. It is easier to RQ on mobile now which is notorious for lag. I've worked very hard to get to saab to just have the devs make it harder to recoup my supplies and to help my guild. This isn't a logical fix to anything.

Also I am so irritated by this game change that i joined the forum to let my feelings be known. And honestly this is the first time I have thought about leaving the game. I feel as tho the fair players are being punished for whatever inno's reasons are for imposing this horrible delay and I don't like it.

i buy mega amounts of diamonds for this game and I feel that it is okay to do as it helps support the devs but the devs are not supporting us the players by making it harder to play the game.

Tony 85 the Generous

Doesn't the Research tech Quest disappear from the recurring questline when all techs of the current age have been researched?

Fishercat.

But don't insult my intelligence and claim you want to stop bot using when you do nothing about the bot users that can easily be identified.

Did I miss something? I thought all Inno said was "it's to prevent exploitation" of RQs. As far as I can tell, the theory that they're doing it to stymie bot users is all speculation on the part of people in the forum. Perhaps "preventing exploitation" means they've decided that RQs are too powerful/throw off game balance, or whatever, and that's the point of the delay.

My point: I think we really don't know, and are just spinning our wheels about another change that's irritating AF.

Seems like the appropriate action would be to remove the most abusable quests or make them less abusable (i.e. remove ubq and the Saab fights). At least other RQ's would be tolerable to use. With the current change, the only people that are going to be RQing heavily are script users.. No matter what, that's a fail.
well said. the only people that profit from this ridiculous change are the script users. so unfair to the players who work hard and play a legitimate game.

Vger

I think the big failure here is the lack of maintaining the balance between fighters and farmers. That balance is important, right? Inno has done a reasonably decent job of maintaining that over the years. If anything, they have bent towards appeasing the farmers.

In the interest of keeping the game balanced, I propose that we keep the current change. But another change is needed to get back in balance. The Auto-battle button also needs a similar delay. I'm thinking it should be longer. If you need to suffer 5 delays to do an RQ, then the auto battle delay should be 5X the RQ delay. So, what, 5 to 7 seconds maybe?

I think the only ones that would complain about that would be the ones that are exploiting GBG or GVG for personal gain. But if farming "features" of the game for personal benefit is now verboten, it should be applied equally to all exploitable features in the game.

I think even SL/JBG might go along with this. Before the Arc ruined the game, and CF ruined the game, did Auto Battle ruin the game?

CommanderCool1234

I think the big failure here is the lack of maintaining the balance between fighters and farmers. That balance is important, right? Inno has done a reasonably decent job of maintaining that over the years. If anything, they have bent towards appeasing the farmers.

In the interest of keeping the game balanced, I propose that we keep the current change. But another change is needed to get back in balance. The Auto-battle button also needs a similar delay. I'm thinking it should be longer. If you need to suffer 5 delays to do an RQ, then the auto battle delay should be 5X the RQ delay. So, what, 5 to 7 seconds maybe?

I think the only ones that would complain about that would be the ones that are exploiting GBG or GVG for personal gain. But if farming "features" of the game for personal benefit is now verboten, it should be applied equally to all exploitable features in the game.

I think even SL/JBG might go along with this. Before the Arc ruined the game, and CF ruined the game, did Auto Battle ruin the game?
We could also keep balance by restoring the game to how it was.

molgen

I only do RQs when I collect, and in between fp donations to GBs - it was too tedious to cycle through them in the upper ages when I'm putting in 2K=3K fps. But I really find this delay aggravating. It makes me think my internet is slow, or something is wrong with my browser.

Last edited by a moderator: