• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

Sheriff Of Rottingham

The "outrage" over this is ridiculous. The delay after aborting a quest is literally 2 seconds. Anyone that is going to quit over a 2 second delay is welcome to do so.

blueskydwg

The "outrage" over this is ridiculous. The delay after aborting a quest is literally 2 seconds. Anyone that is going to quit over a 2 second delay is welcome to do so.

If you are cycling through a full set of quests in order to utilize the spend fps while loading a GB and you are in SAAB, that's 11 quests or 22 seconds for each cycle. For a large load that can easily translate to 3 or more minutes. Still, not great in the grand scheme of things, but incredibly annoying.

iPenguinPat

I don't see the point in making a song and dance about people getting banned except to get a pat on the back or name and shame people. Yes we ban people. That's no ones business on who many or how often unless they're the banned player, and if it's just "yes we banned people today" you'd just be spammed with the same message constantly. Then what? Would players complain about being informed? Or complain we're not banning frequently enough? At what point would players start pressuring based on numbers banned as if there should be a quota instead of on what's right and fair?

If you believe someone is cheating please report it and leave it to the results of the investigation.

I don't agree with blindly banning players no matter how unreal their fight count looks. Inno should be implementing a way to get hard evidence (click tracking).. It would suck for someone that did actually put in the effort to get banned because they "look suspicious" -- We just want to know that inno is actually doing something and see some notable action taken (i.e. when we look at score database, it's obvious they are banned because they have days of inactivity/no fights/no score gain and/or player buzz about ppl being banned.

Also, not sure if it's possible to rollback player score and/or fight count. I mean, obviously everything is in databases, and values can be edited, but still not sure what that would look like. It would go a LONG way to showing that inno is serious about handling rule breakers.

I think that's what we all want - to see that inno is serious about stopping these problems instead of just letting it go without recourse.

RazorbackPirate

We just want to know that inno is actually doing something and see some notable action taken (i.e. when we look at score database, it's obvious they are banned because they have days of inactivity/no fights/no score gain and/or player buzz about ppl being banned.

It would go a LONG way to showing that inno is serious about handling rule breakers.

I think that's what we all want - to see that inno is serious about stopping these problems instead of just letting it go without recourse.
^ This.

Imposing an upper limit to aborts with the stated reason being it's impact on server performance is not a hard stance against cheating. Seeing players with humanly impossible daily numbers still playing week after week, month after month, tells me Inno doesn't really care about Bot cheats.

For me, this issue has long since passed the "Inno is going to fix the lag" phase. Okay fine. You'll fix the lag, what are you going to do about the rampant cheating? Where's the official reiteration of the rules with an innocuous, "Unfortunately, due to cheating we were forced to permanently ban a number of long time players on many of the servers."

And yes, Inno needs to make a big deal about a large first crackdown, then keep on top of it so players never see scores like we see today. No, fix or not. Inno's not serious about cheaters. If they were, they'd be investing in a click tracker to find and kick the cheats. And make a BIG, HUGE, deal about the fact that they've invested in it to ensure the integrity of the game.

FoElite has a new video on YouTube showing all the ways he's discovered various players are using click bots to cheat. Showing how various guilds are even training their members to use them on Discord, showing how to set up Bots for productions in YouTube videos, etc. Even showing how it can be done on your phone in the App.

What I saw is an absolute train wreck. Horrifying that Inno allows this to go on and their solution is a hard cap, 'cause server performance. Screw the integrity of the game, screw the honest players. @Emberguard, can you find out what the monthly amount of diamonds I need to purchase to ensure I won't get kicked for bot use either? Just want to cover my bases before I join the fray. Inno not caring and all.
I don't see the point in making a song and dance about people getting banned except to get a pat on the back or name and shame people. Yes we ban people. That's no ones business on who many or how often unless they're the banned player, and if it's just "yes we banned people today" you'd just be spammed with the same message constantly. Then what? Would players complain about being informed? Or complain we're not banning frequently enough? At what point would players start pressuring based on numbers banned as if there should be a quota instead of on what's right and fair?

If you believe someone is cheating please report it and leave it to the results of the investigation.
The point is that with this little fiasco, Inno has lost ALL credibility on the cheating issue. They were always sketchy to begin with, this has now proven what we've all long since feared. Inno doesn't care. Not one bit, not one whit. Just don't screw up the server performance and cheat away.

If Inno wants to regain the trust of their honest players, they need to address this head on, publicly, in a BIG, BIG, way. Anything less proves what we fear, they don't care. Not unless and until it impacts game performance otherwise, cheat away.

Total crap from a company I expected more from. So glad I've never invested a dime in my city. I feel sorry for those who have.

blueskydwg

I know a player who had all his gbs reset to level 1, so yeah, pretty much anything is doable in the database.

DeletedUser

It is not so much to do with the delay as to why they did it. It is Inno's answer to stopping cheaters that even an elementary school kid can tell will not stop them one iota. Why should I have ANY performance decrease when I don't cheat ever ? Invest in a click tracker and outright ban anyone caught with a score that is humanly impossible. 3 billion is apparently the new milestone. What does this tell the new players looking at this game ?

iPenguinPat

FoElite has a new video on YouTube showing all the ways he's discovered various players are using click bots to cheat. Showing how various guilds are even training their members to use them on Discord, showing how to set up Bots for productions in YouTube videos, etc. Even showing how it can be done on your phone in the App.

Just to clarify - I showed that it's possible, and it is happening.

I did not explain how to do it, nor would I ever, and I condemn the behavior in the strongest possible way.. Due to the forum rules, the discussion about this topic is very limited and has to take place on a different medium.

I do have confirmation that at least one top level innogame staff member has seen the video and is aware that this is something where players would like to see inno take action and be more transparent and public about their efforts. Hopefully, it's becoming clear how outraged the community is about this topic and the potential damage this could have if not addressed effectively.

Agent327

I did not explain how to do it, nor would I ever

Just for the record, no, you are not showing how to do it, but in showing how it is done, you give away more than enough clues to inspire people how to do it.

Now let's stop this discussion on cheating. What needed to be said has been said and will be forwarded to the devs. As feedback, it isn't realy related to the update and most of it is breaking forum rules, so please let it end here. As a player I share your frustrations, but as a mod I have to uphold forum rules. Enough has been said and will be forwarded, so give it a rest.

RazorbackPirate

Just to clarify - I showed that it's possible, and it is happening.

I did not explain how to do it, nor would I ever, and I condemn the behavior in the strongest possible way.. Due to the forum rules, the discussion about this topic is very limited and has to take place on a different medium.

I do have confirmation that at least one top level innogame staff member has seen the video and is aware that this is something where players would like to see inno take action and be more transparent and public about their efforts. Hopefully, it's becoming clear how outraged the community is about this topic and the potential damage this could have if not addressed effectively.
Indeed. If that was not clear, my apologies. Great job exposing the truth and just how widespread the problem is.

I recommend everyone watch your video and take one or more of the recommended actions.

Algona

The "outrage" over this is ridiculous. The delay after aborting a quest is literally 2 seconds. Anyone that is going to quit over a 2 second delay is welcome to do so

Time to walk in another's shoes for a mile.

Next time you collect your city, wait a minimum of 2 seconds between collecting each building.

You won't even try*, but on the off chance you do, I bet by the end of a week you'll have a whole new appreciation for 2 seconds.

2 seconds is short enough that you can't do anything else, so those 2 seconds are gone. Forever.

That doesn't seem important.

Time for fun with math!

1 aborted Quest = 2 seconds.

Cycling the RQs once is a minimum of 12 Seconds. Doing 1 RQ cycle per day means an additional 12 Seconds per day.

12 seconds isn't much. But those 12 seconds are gone. Forever.

Do 1 RQ cycle per day every day of the year.

12 seconds * 365 days = 72 minutes.

72 minutes isn't much. But those 72 minutes are gone. Forever.

If you do 10 RQs per day then that's 12 hours per year.

12 hours isn't much. But those 12 hours are gone. Forever.

50 RQs per day, a common target for hardcore RQ farmers, is an additional 60 hours per year.

Are 1.5 work weeks per year gone forever much?

* You sneering at that 2 seconds makes me wonder why you have a lvl 61 Chateau. Don’t do RQs or poor thinkery on your part or do you really not care about INNO wasting your time?
Yeah players don't have to do RQs.

Suppose INNO put that 2 second delay on something els.

Fighting? You've done 19K fights = 38,000 Seconds = 10.5 hours. One of your compadres has 38K fights, 20 hours.

What about collecting your city?

You've got 36 GBs. @ 2 seconds per GB is 7 additional hours per year. Throw in every other building. 20, 30 hours per year?

Hours completely and totally wasted, because there is nothing else you can do in those 2 seconds.

Tell me again how 2 seconds doesn't matter?

You might be sanguine about INNO wasting dozens of your hours per year, but maybe others are not quite so happy about such.
Yes, yes, I know INNO says they'll fix the problem Real Soon Now. I suspect they will.

But a little voice in my head keeps saying, 'But what if they can't figure out what they broke?'

After all, they didn't know they were breaking something to begin with.

My point in this post is that it's easy to dismiss something like 2 seconds when you don't think it applies to you or when you don't think through all the ramifications of '2 seconds' in a game that requires a lot of repetitive actions.

Me? For the record, I don't do RQs on a daily basis, the only time I do is either Glarging a new city or at a new Era to farm RQ Diamonds.

However should INNO ever consider introducing artificial delays again, (any old timers remember INNO adding additional Do X 24 hour productions Quests in the middle of an Event to slow it down?) I think it's important to consider all the effects of doing so.

I hope INNO will, too.

Insatiable1

A blanket statement saying that recently a few players have been banned, may curb a lot of the cheating altogether.

Aurel84

Did anyone saw any asylum or cottage in the shop? or the other things in the auction?
I own 6 cities and i didnt see any of those since the update...
i think Inno forgot to do update the antique dealer...