• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.202

Algona

Thanks for the Announcement about the upcoming fixes and the chance to provide Official Feedback about those changes.

I want to take the time to thank INNO and CMT for the almost satisfactory job they've done this year of Announcing changes and giving us the opportunity to provide Official Feedback to those changes.

Dominator - X

At this point, every time I hear of an "update" or other game improvement, I hold my breath and hope they didn't mess something up again or take something away from the game experience.

Here's to staying positive... I hope.

New error message: "You cannot support people who use the same internet connection."

I play FoE with my kid, and we're now unable to contribute to each other's GBs and whatever else this error message is meant for. I recognize that this is probably meant to make it harder for cheater to take advantage, but it's ruining the gameplay for players like us. This will seriously impact our ability to play the game together. Please remove this feature.

1618330502217.png

Kranyar the Mysterious

New error message: "You cannot support people who use the same internet connection."

I play FoE with my kid, and we're now unable to contribute to each other's GBs and whatever else this error message is meant for. I recognize that this is probably meant to make it harder for cheater to take advantage, but it's ruining the gameplay for players like us. This will seriously impact our ability to play the game together. Please remove this feature.

View attachment 18648
This is not anything new, and is intended, per the game rules. You only just got caught.

This is not anything new, and is intended, per the game rules. You only just got caught.
I see. I wonder why we never received this error in the past since we’ve both been in the same world now for several months.

All the same, we want to play in the same guild, and not being able to support each other’s GBs is an unfortunate feature. Hoping FoE will reconsider.

Graviton

I see. I wonder why we never received this error in the past since we’ve both been in the same world now for several months.

All the same, we want to play in the same guild, and not being able to support each other’s GBs is an unfortunate feature. Hoping FoE will reconsider.

They won't reconsider the overall policy but I've heard that if you contact support and explain the situation they may make an exception for you. I don't know that for sure and my memory may be faulty, but it's worth a shot.

Agent327

Game rules

2) Sharing a device and/or internet connection

It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided
each player only controls the actions of his/her account (please contact Support to make them
aware).

Examples:
- It is allowed for you and your brother to each have your own account on Forge of Empires provided
that you both only have access to your own account.
- It is allowed to login at your work or school provided that only you have access to your account.

They will not reconsider you two donating fp's to eachothers GB's, simply because they can not check if what you tell is the truth. Not that I doubt you in any way, but it wouldn't be a first where the dad, or kid got bored playing and the other started to use the account as a push account. That's why you can not donate in eachthers GB's when you are using the same connection.

Fire Horse

Okay, I'm confused about the first improvement, I am not seeing an updated background in windowed mode on browser. Does that mean fullscreen mode has a different background?

Johnny B. Goode

In a future update could you make GvG available on mobile, yes or no?
No. Inno has clearly stated that this will never happen.
It won't happen. It's been discussed before. I believe the answer the moderators/Inno give is that GvG puts too much strain on the servers.
Inno has never said that, and if any moderator said it they were speculating, not speaking from knowledge.

No one here knows the exact reason because Inno has never really said, but the lead game designer who had the passion for GvG died in 2015 (I believe) and that is also about when improvements/upgrades to GvG stopped. Draw your own conclusions.