• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.209

Xenosaur

I haven't been having the Tavern issue but my Rogue Den regularly shows as idle even though it is full. (As long as I don't accidentally try to start a new rogue, it isn't an issue.)

Yes, I submitted this exact same problem yesterday, with the new iOS (Apple) mobile client release 1.209.16. The rogue hideout/den randomly "pops up" and shows "Zzz" status (idle). If you open the building, there are multiple "Produce" buttons available. Should you choose to click one, my mobile client crashes.

You can exit the mobile FoE app, and restart it, clearing the "Zzz"s for an interim period of time, but they will reappear (for some reason). I"m trying to study what I do in the game to have them re-appear, but cannot track my playing to see that effect from a cause.

Support wrote me back that dev is "studying" it (or similar functioning...) so it's good to hear others are seeing it as well.

RedR0ck

Here is part of the 1.209 posted notice:

This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game and only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet.

We have added an option to disable "Victory" and "Defeat" animation banners after battles. These animations are already skippable with a simple tap, however, skipping hundreds of battles everyday could be repetitively annoying. Therefore, from now on you'll be prompted with a confirmation window to disable these animations upon skipping them 10 times.

How do I interpret this EXACTLY?
  • After the first 10 times and ONLY 10 times I "classically" dismiss this, you are giving me the choice to:
    • A) FOREVER HIDE again for all time with 1 dismissal, or
    • B) Hide it for a period of time, for it to re-appear again in 24 hours, 1 month, 6 months, 10 more years.

Essentially, I want to stop this VICTORY or DEFEAT banner forever, and do it 1 time only.
Are you folks planning to make it work on PC? Thanks

lupo1023

Screen did update. Time in between donations was just to short for you to notice.

it just happened again. the screen did NOT update. besides, the system has faster reaction than me anyway. why can it not display an error message when I try to add and there has been a transaction on the database since the GB was opened? (if the other person wants that spot, I am fine with it; just don't want to waste anymore fp)

Agent327

it just happened again. the screen did NOT update. besides, the system has faster reaction than me anyway. why can it not display an error message when I try to add and there has been a transaction on the database since the GB was opened? (if the other person wants that spot, I am fine with it; just don't want to waste anymore fp)

Again, screen updated. You adding at the same time made you miss the update. There is no error. You can add the amount you add.

lupo1023

Again, screen updated. You adding at the same time made you miss the update. There is no error. You can add the amount you add.

maybe that was poor choice of words. not saying it is an error. but why can there not be an alert message that let's me know someone else added first? (and aborts my contribution)

RazorbackPirate

maybe that was poor choice of words. not saying it is an error. but why can there not be an alert message that let's me know someone else added first? (and aborts my contribution)
Because the system does not read minds. You said add X FPs, there was room to add X FPs, the system executed your instructions and added X FPs to the GB you selected.

Only error is with the one adding the FPs. Stop racing others for profit or continue with your losses. The system doesn't care.

lupo1023

Because the system does not read minds. You said add X FPs, there was room to add X FPs, the system executed your instructions and added X FPs to the GB you selected.

Only error is with the one adding the FPs. Stop racing others for profit or continue with your losses. The system doesn't care.

I am not asking it to read my mind I am asking it to display an alert if the number of fps displayed in the bar when I open the gb is different than the number of fps actually on the gb when I click the button. and I am not racing anyone for profit. this occurred on a 1.9 drop and I was actually already going to take a loss, just not as much as I thought. the person who beat me didn't post to the thread before they dropped. and you will probably say, well then the error is with that person but there are a lot of other checks in this game to prevent people from messing up...

lupo1023

Ever watched a game show where two contestants try to hit the game buzzer for the same question? One person always reacts faster despite having the same info at the same time given in real time. It’s not a screen problem

sure but the computer knows who hit the buzzer first and they get to answer the question (in this case, take the position, which is fine) but you don't ask the second person to give there answer anyway. in fact they are actually prevented from answering, unless the first person gets it wrong, of course. but if that happens, the second person has a moment to re-evaluate and also has the benefit of knowing the first person's wrong answer.

Emberguard

I am not racing anyone for profit
Except for that to be true you’d have to not be after the same position as the other player in which case there’d be no reason to want a block. It’s not a closed or locked system (yet). There’s no such thing as calling dibs on a spot as far as the game programming is concerned. Therefore it’s always a race with anyone else who is viewing the same building.

Supposing the block is added, if the other players aren’t calling spots already, and aren’t reloading the message thread when they call to check no one else has called the same spot, this isn’t going to change that. But it will prevent groups from being able to organise 5 spots simultaneously and quickly level the GB. Because anyone placing would prevent anyone else from putting their FPs as well. You’re likely going to have to keep refreshing that one GB continuously to check when it’s your turn instead of only having to refresh once.

If this block were implemented, would it fit with the way you normally level in a 1.9 thread when everything goes perfectly? ‘Cause yes it’ll activate in the scenario where something goes “wrong” for you, but the game won’t know if things are going the way you want them to, it’ll only have one criteria. So what about the 99% of the time things go to plan? I know for my own groups that would make it a hindrance to level anything

Last edited:

lupo1023

Except for that to be true you’d have to not be after the same position as the other player in which case there’d be no reason to want a block. It’s not a closed or locked system (yet). There’s no such thing as calling dibs on a spot as far as the game programming is concerned. Therefore it’s always a race with anyone else who is viewing the same building.

Supposing the block is added, if the other players aren’t calling spots already, and aren’t reloading the message thread when they call to check no one else has called the same spot, this isn’t going to change that. But it will prevent groups from being able to organise 5 spots simultaneously and quickly level the GB. Because anyone placing would prevent anyone else from putting their FPs as well. You’re likely going to have to keep refreshing that one GB continuously to check when it’s your turn instead of only having to refresh once.

If this block were implemented, would it fit with the way you normally level in a 1.9 thread when everything goes perfectly? ‘Cause yes it’ll activate in the scenario where something goes “wrong” for you, but the game won’t know if things are going the way you want them to, it’ll only have one criteria. So what about the 99% of the time things go to plan? I know for my own groups that would make it a hindrance to level anything

there could be a setting to turn off the check, like the alert that warns when you are about to spend diamonds.

Emberguard

That doesn’t answer my question on how it’d effect you and your levelling group when everything goes well which will be way more often then the occasional mishap. Are you intending to go back and forth on activating or deactivating the block?

lupo1023

That doesn’t answer my question on how it’d effect you and your levelling group when everything goes well which will be way more often then the occasional mishap. Are you intending to go back and forth on activating or deactivating the block?

if everything goes well (i.e. no two people trying to add at the same time), then the alert should never be triggered. it would only be an issue, as you say, if you are power leveling which I do not do so would never turn it off. I guess you are power leveling a lot and seem to have faith in the system otherwise so might never turn it on.

Emberguard

Are you intending to go back and forth on activating or deactivating the block?
If this were the case it’d be far better situated on the interface for the GB rather then game settings (so you can check it on and off when you enter the GB before entering a FP amount)

lupo1023

If this were the case it’d be far better situated on the interface for the GB rather then game settings (so you can check it on and off when you enter the GB before entering a FP amount)

I think I said that I would never turn it off, so I would much prefer a setting that I only had to check once instead of every time I open a GB. but I would be grateful for anything

Emberguard

if everything goes well (i.e. no two people trying to add at the same time), then the alert should never be triggered. it would only be an issue, as you say, if you are power leveling which I do not do so would never turn it off. I guess you are power leveling a lot and seem to have faith in the system otherwise so might never turn it on.
The example I used was for power levelling yes, but even just getting 1-3 positions filled I find people tend to want to place at the time of claiming and go. Not have to wait around for everyone else. A block would make the whole thing guaranteed to take a minimum amount of time for each spot

Emberguard

I think I said that I would never turn it off, so I would much prefer a setting that I only had to check once instead of every time I open a GB. but I would be grateful for anything
I’m not saying check it every time you open the GB. Rather have a checkbox with the last known preference saved that you can alter when you’re accessing the GB without having to go anywhere or wait on a popup. You want a block, I don’t want it to be intrusive. If it’s easily accessible on the interface we’re already opening then it can be turned off without going anywhere (still against the idea, but I think that’d be the best solution for it if implemented)

Edit: Something like this (top left).

0BD6348F-2A59-482D-A68D-40D4D8169344.jpeg

Last edited:

Agent327

I am not asking it to read my mind I am asking it to display an alert if the number of fps displayed in the bar when I open the gb is different than the number of fps actually on the gb when I click the button.

Number of fp's displayed isn't different when you open the GB. Number isn't different when you click the button. Number changed while you clicked the button. If there was an alert you would miss it.

This is a feedback thread for the 1.209 update. Your comments have nothing to do with the update. You are trying to revive a discussion that has been held numerous times. Outcome is always the same. Players asked for this way to donate fp's to a GB. They got what they wanted. Moral of the story, you should be careful with what you asked for.

Bottom line, it isn't an error. It isn't a bug. It is intended behaviour, so I kindly request you to stop steering this thread off topic.

P C C

I had a revised update of 1.209 and the ZZZ issue with my rogue den appears to have gone away. But I've noticed that when I collect from my Arc, Obs, and Atom I now see an explosion of boxes rather than counts of the guild goods.

Xenosaur

I had a revised update of 1.209 and the ZZZ issue with my rogue den appears to have gone away. But I've noticed that when I collect from my Arc, Obs, and Atom I now see an explosion of boxes rather than counts of the guild goods.

Yes - initial release of apple mobile version 1.209.16 had error with Zzz and Rogue dens/hideouts -> replaced by apple mobile 1.209.17 yesterday which fixes that error. Thanks Inno for the rapid fix. :)

dennistodd

Thanks very much. It makes it much easier to keep track of them.

The most frustrating thing in life occurs when something, that you consistently expect to work, abruptly stops working.