• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.210

Xenosaur

For those NOT on mobile, this is a representation of how it now looks for mobile users in 1.210.xx. You'd also have your own boost totals visible, which I've chosen to mask for my own in the screenshot for public viewing.

FoE ATT-DEF - 100.jpg

Tytan the Great

While I applaud Inno’s step in the right direction for harmonizing the colors of attack and defense stat, and make them consistent, there are still a few more steps to take to make the whole scheme more coherent and less confusing. See attached screen shots. As someone said up thread, the support pool for the Observatory is using the exact same symbol as the blue shield for city defense, given by the Athlon’s Abbey for example. It shouldn’t be. They are 2 completely different things. Perhaps a new symbol for support pool, similar to other GVG symbols, to correlate them all. Another inconsistency I noticed is in the number of units produced by Alcatraz symbol. Right now, I am seeing the red sword and shield to describe units produced, which is the same symbol as the attack stat from Zeus, COA, CDM, etc. Again, they are 2 completely different stats that shouldn’t share the exact same symbol. To make matter more confusing, buildings such as Royal Bathhouse, Governor’s Villa that produce units are still using the old symbol of white sword without shield. Oversight? Perhaps another symbol to describe units? Maybe I’m being OCD and asking for too much.

Attachments

• 7AEC4EEF-3ECA-4B35-A230-16F8B0FF0531.jpeg
    7AEC4EEF-3ECA-4B35-A230-16F8B0FF0531.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 5
  • E3B8E28E-4D6F-40FD-BCB5-EF703BF6EA4D.jpeg
    E3B8E28E-4D6F-40FD-BCB5-EF703BF6EA4D.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 4EBF34C6-3D48-404F-B1F4-3FCFD3BFF9CE.jpeg
    4EBF34C6-3D48-404F-B1F4-3FCFD3BFF9CE.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 6
  • B0E3063A-12B7-4C5A-88CF-A2151C560DBD.jpeg
    B0E3063A-12B7-4C5A-88CF-A2151C560DBD.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 21707C41-A890-49C2-9A6F-C4491B12F8DD.jpeg
    21707C41-A890-49C2-9A6F-C4491B12F8DD.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1FD7234B-E7EE-474F-A00F-D72E122E4AEA.jpeg
    1FD7234B-E7EE-474F-A00F-D72E122E4AEA.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 4

htmagic

I like the new changes and the tavern finally got fixed. The game seems more stable now and it works as intended.Good job and a shout out to the developers.

Xenosaur

Wanted to ask about this, in short: "Sticky" Inventory Searching

From now on, your inventory will have a saving state for the search functionality. In other words, whenever you write something in the search field, your research will remain there at the next time you open your inventory, even if you close this window or use an item. Your research will only disappear upon reloading the game or leaving the city overview (e.g. visiting cultural settlement).

In general this is helpful. Wondering how people are clearing this IF they don't restart (reload) their game, or visit cultural settlements. What other ways will it clear itself?

For example, 4 hours ago, I was searching for a potion of ATTACK. I would type in "ATT" and search, and up would come 2 inventory items: 10% attack potion, and 20% attack potions. However, it's still there now and I need to search for something new.

What I'm doing is COMPLETELY backspacing over my previous search term, and hitting SEARCH again. So..to return it to display the entire inventory, I would backspace over the "ATT" search term, click SEARCH button, and get my entire inventory back.

So .... does anyone else have a novel or faster way to return to the entire inventory view, other than that? (and INNO's suggestions to exit the app, or go visit settlements?)

Pickleweasel

So .... does anyone else have a novel or faster way to return to the entire inventory view, other than that? (and INNO's suggestions to exit the app, or go visit settlements?)

Well, you could click/drag (or click anywhere in the text box, then press ctrl+a) to highlight the contents of the searchbox, then hit delete or backspace . . . that would save you a little time I suppose.

Also, it is dynamic, so you don't need to hit the search button at any time . . . if you merely pause for a second or so, it will auto-search whatever is in the box.

DevaCat

Wanted to ask about this, in short: "Sticky" Inventory Searching

From now on, your inventory will have a saving state for the search functionality. In other words, whenever you write something in the search field, your research will remain there at the next time you open your inventory, even if you close this window or use an item. Your research will only disappear upon reloading the game or leaving the city overview (e.g. visiting cultural settlement).

In general this is helpful. Wondering how people are clearing this IF they don't restart (reload) their game, or visit cultural settlements. What other ways will it clear itself?

For example, 4 hours ago, I was searching for a potion of ATTACK. I would type in "ATT" and search, and up would come 2 inventory items: 10% attack potion, and 20% attack potions. However, it's still there now and I need to search for something new.

What I'm doing is COMPLETELY backspacing over my previous search term, and hitting SEARCH again. So..to return it to display the entire inventory, I would backspace over the "ATT" search term, click SEARCH button, and get my entire inventory back.

On my iPhone, in the inventory window I reset the 2 check boxes just to the right of the Search box - that will clear the search entry.

Come on Inno. Exit the game or go to settlements to clear a search field? You guys really that lazy?

Xenosaur

In fact, Inno already addressed most of the "original" problem by focusing on semi-automatic kit upgrade designs. Now to upgrade an event building with all the upgrade kits, it peels them off for you and reduces the available number, without having to find a new one back in inventory, and executing it directly.

Honestly, the only time the "sticky" search helps me consistently is when I'm doing an event and have to find/build 6-8 gate of the sun gods, or face of the ancient buildings, to satisfy a quest for X thousand additional happiness.

I'm not being ungrateful... I appreciate the sticky search... just wondering if I can use it more efficiently.

Agent327

Your research will disappear when you delete the search word. If you do, inventory shows all again

Using Firefox: I continually get "View Mappings have failed to load". Limited functions with Antique Dealer, Tavern Guests, etc. And some buildings (Universal Tanks) don't show-up at all.
Help!

Xenosaur

On my iPhone, in the inventory window I reset the 2 check boxes just to the right of the Search box - that will clear the search entry.

@DevaCat,

I tried this thinking that would work. It was very compelling until...

I went back into the Inventory 10 minutes later and the search term "ATT" was still there (after seeing it erased by clicking the check boxes, as suggested!!)

So, I thought you aced it, but Agent was right (and I guess I was closer to being right too...). You have to backspace to fully remove it, so the next time you invoke it - it's truly gone.

DevaCat

@DevaCat,

I tried this thinking that would work. It was very compelling until...

I went back into the Inventory 10 minutes later and the search term "ATT" was still there (after seeing it erased by clicking the check boxes, as suggested!!)

So, I thought you aced it, but Agent was right (and I guess I was closer to being right too...). You have to backspace to fully remove it, so the next time you invoke it - it's truly gone.
Good to know. I may have gone to a Settlement which was what cleared it lol :)

Lest I be labeled Curmudgeon, I do appreciate the welcome change to make a search “sticky”. It’s just that in solving one annoyance (having to repeatedly re-enter a search term) a new annoyance was created due to the clunky methods provided to clear the search field.

This comes on top of the greatly appreciated elimination of the hugely annoying auto scrolling down to a new message in the message center. The addition of the “down button” and “new message counter” was also a great add, but then a new hugely annoying, virtually uncontrollable auto scroll up into old messages was added. Why? That completely offsets the good will gained by making the change users wanted.

Sure, the experience varies by device and there are workarounds, but do you think using workarounds really sends a good message?