• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.211

ITown

• We have added Rupees as extra rewards for some of the Mughal Empire quests.
  • We have added a custom input field for spending Forge Points in the Tech Tree, similar to the existing one when donating to Great Buildings.
  • The icons for attacking and defending armies have been updated to be more consistent and intuitive now:

• def_boost_attacker.png

Defending bonus for attacking armies

• att_boost_attacker.png

Attacking bonus for attacking armies

• def_boost_defender.png

Defending bonus for defending armies

• att_boost_defender.png

Attacking bonus for defending armies

• att_def_boost_attacker.png

Attacking bonus (all)

• att_def_boost_defender.png

Defending bonus (all)

• att_def_boost_attacker_defender.png

Attacking and defending bonus (all)

Not exactly what I'd call bugfixes, as opposed to feature changes, but welcome changes regardless.

Lothar123

> We have added Rupees as extra rewards for some of the Mughal Empire quests.

Wasn't this change made a couple of weeks ago on Beta? It seems weird to make a change on Beta, then launch on live without that change, then make that change on live sometime later. If you can't launch on live having implemented the changes that came out of Beta, you're not leaving enough time to thoroughly kick the tires on Beta before launching on live.

Can you give a clue what the below will look like. I checked my Beta account, but don't see anything.
  • We have introduced an "activity" indicator for your friends' list. This functionality was already available for Guilds, but now it's also displayed at the bottom in the friend list tab of your social bar.

UBERhelp1

Is it just me, or is the update schedule breaking down? It seems that updates are being available on live servers well before the announcement says it will be. For example, I've had guildies mentioning how some of the things in this update are being released already?

It's probably having something to do with the app store update timeframe, but it still seems kind of weird.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Is it just me, or is the update schedule breaking down? It seems that updates are being available on live servers well before the announcement says it will be. For example, I've had guildies mentioning how some of the things in this update are being released already?

It's probably having something to do with the app store update timeframe, but it still seems kind of weird.

No, actually we don't realease it before the dates we announce (unless something unexpected happens, but then we'd let you know if there are any changes).

And yes, the App versions depend on the app stores (they must approve the versions before making it available), so it might take a little longer than the browser version.

LoveNkind

Please read about update 1.211 here and give your feedback below.
This is the nearest place I could find to reply to an announcement that is NOT there. A new event icon has appeared on my game screen for something that looks like trader coins and starting in 3 days. No Official announcement, no chat by guildies about it, nothing in Beta. What's coming??????????

P C C

No, actually we don't realease it before the dates we announce (unless something unexpected happens, but then we'd let you know if there are any changes).

And yes, the App versions depend on the app stores (they must approve the versions before making it available), so it might take a little longer than the browser version.
But in this case, what happened is that the changes to the attack and defense icons announced for 1.211 got rolled into at least some 1.210 releases for mobile so mobile players got them first instead.

Emberguard

But in this case, what happened is that the changes to the attack and defense icons announced for 1.211 got rolled into at least some 1.210 releases for mobile so mobile players got them first instead.
Got those mobile changes on 1.210.14 for me

If you look at the feedback for 1.210 all of these posts are referring to a change announced as belonging to 1.211 (which is almost the whole thread):
Shout out to the devs and Inno for some of the things I'm seeing in this update (for mobile), which I just downloaded. I am a huge proponent of consistency. Visual consistency has been missing in townhall's boost overview section.

I wrote to support when it became clear there was a change in the game to offer 4 types of war boost: my suggestion has finally been addressed.

War boosting %'s and types are much more visually consistent and homogenized. What a difference it makes, too. It's finally done.

If you haven't done so, look at your BOOST OVERVIEW now, especially for Attacking units, and City Defenders.

This is exactly what FoE needs, and this is very welcome.

Try this too: Use a Tavern Attack boost sometime!. It also shows RED swords in the countdown timer for use.

Bravo folks. Keep it up.

Regards,

X
Kranyar (et all). An example of the "mobile" Tavern with an Attack boost in process...

Notice the red swords, and the time left, indicating an Attacking Army attack choice...

View attachment 19010

Love the update to changing the swords and shields to Red and Blue, one minor change I'd like to suggest though.

The Observatory, it has no effect whatsoever on defending units outside of GvG. That building has always been a cause of confusion due to it looking the same as a defending building while effectively being a entirely different ability.

Please either
(a) keep the Observatory Support Pool bonus as a White Shield to make it clear that this building is doing something different from all the other defending buildings

OR

(b)
if it's staying blue change the symbol. Add a GvG logo on top to show it's GvG exclusive
Proposed:
View attachment 19013

For those that haven't yet seen the new symbols on mobile, here's what the Support Pool looks like on mobile for Observatory and Guild Lvls:

For those NOT on mobile, this is a representation of how it now looks for mobile users in 1.210.xx. You'd also have your own boost totals visible, which I've chosen to mask for my own in the screenshot for public viewing.

View attachment 19014
Totally concur, Ember. Nice catch. Something to differentiate that the OBS does NOT help on a player's city defense, but DOES help on the GvG support pool. This will avoid gamer confusion, and keep queries to support down.
While I applaud Inno’s step in the right direction for harmonizing the colors of attack and defense stat, and make them consistent, there are still a few more steps to take to make the whole scheme more coherent and less confusing. See attached screen shots. As someone said up thread, the support pool for the Observatory is using the exact same symbol as the blue shield for city defense, given by the Athlon’s Abbey for example. It shouldn’t be. They are 2 completely different things. Perhaps a new symbol for support pool, similar to other GVG symbols, to correlate them all. Another inconsistency I noticed is in the number of units produced by Alcatraz symbol. Right now, I am seeing the red sword and shield to describe units produced, which is the same symbol as the attack stat from Zeus, COA, CDM, etc. Again, they are 2 completely different stats that shouldn’t share the exact same symbol. To make matter more confusing, buildings such as Royal Bathhouse, Governor’s Villa that produce units are still using the old symbol of white sword without shield. Oversight? Perhaps another symbol to describe units? Maybe I’m being OCD and asking for too much.

Last edited:

Emberguard

We have introduced an "activity" indicator for your friends' list. This functionality was already available for Guilds, but now it's also displayed at the bottom in the friend list tab of your social bar.
Feedback: Please add that functionality on the Social Bar to the Guild tab as well.

Currently the Guild activity indicator is only available via Desktop in the Guild Profile. If it were added to the Social Bar for Guild then you could also have it visible to Mobile users. You could still keep it Leader/Founder access only for the Guild tab, just needs to be available for Mobile.

DreadfulCadillac

"
  • We have introduced an "activity" indicator for your friends' list. This functionality was already available for Guilds, but now it's also displayed at the bottom in the friend list tab of your social bar.

"
-----------
That activity indicator is non-existent, it said the game updated, and the new attack icons are showing, but that isn't.

Anu.

• The right bar would sometimes display an icon showing that not all buildings are properly connected to streets. This would usually happen when placing a building that requires a 2x2 street, despite the building being properly attached to the street. This issue has been fixed now.
I believe with the update this isn't fixed yet, you see I have a power dragon firing range attached to a simple 1 lane road (1x1) yet the icon still hovers on top of it and the button is still visible on the right (because no double lane 2x2 roads) so if the intention of the update was to not show those icons anymore, it's still there -- the only difference I see is that now the barrack looks like it's being constructed rather than the usual unconnected visual.

Anu.

Additionally I believe there's way of improvement into grouping the icons and showing the item only once for buildings giving attack & defense for attacking army (or alternatively city defenders), for instance the house horrors in wolf version still shows twice as attack and defense which is a waste of space imo, it should show like GBs such as the Zeus as an all in one icon.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 9