• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.213

haggy

Placing the chat button on the main screen on mobile seems a really stupid UI interface design to me. Many, if not most players have zero interest in visiting that cesspool.

It appears that it was removed from the right hand interface so that a new GBG icon could be added. Why do we need a GBG icon? For that matter why do we need a GE icon anymore??? Both of those have buildings outside your city for access. What is next, removing messages from the interface so you can add a PvP icon?

To make matters even worse, the special offer for diamonds icon is now pushed out further into our city.

Terrible, terrible UI design.

It is the worse I have seen. Seems no one really thought this trough.

I'm unable to "Hide Conversation" in the Social tab. Clicking in the box to add a check mark does nothing. I reloaded the game but got the same result.

[Edit] This happens in both the browser and mobile (Android) versions of the game.

This has been reported already in the Bug reports area of the forum. It is also no longer possible to mark a conversation as a favorite.

Lord Pest

I play on an iPad. Don’t like the new look. The old ‘buttons’ were much easier to see and click on. While I’m at it I the new menu you now have to use to buy fp with coins is 10 times slower than befor when we just had to click on the plus sign on the fp bar. Proof to me that the programmers no longer play the game.

Portia the Benevolent

It is the worse I have seen. Seems no one really thought this trough.
I agree. I don’t understand why GbG has to be there when we can access it right above. I had it as a complaint but removed it. Same with GE. We have the buildings! I also don’t like diamonds pushed into the main arena. The arrows are too tiny on the tabs on iPhone and I don’t know why we need map and research staring us in the face all the time. The only permanent one should be messages, which isn’t a bad idea as it eliminates a step. Put chat back where it was in the tabs and take out GBG and GE.

The new chat button in the right side of my city is just another thing in the way. Too many buttons are in our city areas already so please move it to a menu where it'll be available to those who want it while not being intrusive in routing game play. There are enough trolls out there without facilitating them...lol.

Emyrs the Kind

The new buttons on Android are to small for those with vision impairment. If they were atleast all the size of the far left and right buttons it would be am improvement. Also the finding and getting to the guild screen is very uninituitive and takes many clicks to find it so we can donate goods to our guild. Why it is hidden behind the game ranking pages i can not understand.

Emberguard

Over the time I contacted support. i have spoken to other players who also raised tickets concerning the same issue. All hit the same brick wall
I'm not sure when the bug would have started appearing. I know the system was working properly back in May

The new buttons on Android are to small for those with vision impairment.
Current Layout: Roughly to scale of a iPod Touch 6th Gen (The actual screen would be less blurred, but the size is correct)

unknown.png

Would this be a bit easier? (look at bottom right, enlarged symbols while keeping the buttons the same size)
unknown.png

Xenosaur

Don’t like the new update. Everything went smaller and harder to see. Especially on an iPhone. Since you don’t let us make the fonts and notification boxes larger, you should consider that a lot (if not most) players of this game are mature adults (you know the time when eyes starten to not see so well any more lol) so making all the buttons etc smaller is only making it worse. You had a great lay out before this morning, why did you had to mess with it?

Preach it. I don't think this was studied on mobile devices at all before release. Change for the sake of change is... not constructive. The size AND order of things is cemented into my head after playing 5 years. As well, why include buttons for things you spend lots of money on by building visual harbors and code to invoke them?

Semi-Finally - the drawer opening buttons are infinitesimal. OK, they're cool but really, did this NEED to be changed and made smaller?

Well... not really finally yet: the RED banner used for the GbG button is irritating. Nothing should be "RED" on the button line unless it's a system flag showing something the user has to attend to, like a new message or something new in inventory, etc.

Adding a RED banner flag as part of a button is distracting and could be confusing. Poor color choice.

Lastly - to the LEFT of the coin count is a new icon showing a tan color stack of goods (bricks), which will invoke the goods inventory view function. This should be put on a background circle "pad", so that it's always visible no matter what the background is "underneath it", similar to how the hammer is placed on a tan disk, lower left hand corner... Note: I am not a graphic artist, so don't have tools to make this look pretty, but I hope you get the idea.

x133.jpg

Last edited:

Emberguard

did this NEED to be changed and made smaller?
There's been feedback for quite some time that the amount of space taken up by the user interface is too much and that it needs to be made smaller.

Interestingly looks like it's still the same amount of buttons due to Chat now being moved to the right. I like that they've done that. However I'd say part of the reason they take up space is because there's no way to fully hide both menu's. You're always going to have either the full extension of one of the menu's, or at least 3 icons on the left.

If you were able to fully hide both menu's simultaneously then you could afford to make the icon's much bigger as you would be able to choose when they're visible. Making Research and Map always visible when the menu's are "closed" makes sense for the very start of the game, not so much the further into the game you get.

Xenosaur

My eye goes to symmetry. The story teller, quest giver and event "hostess" are all skewed in their respective circle positions. They should be re-centered. They actually look "cropped".

If you want some suggestions: Upper left hand icons showing a cup, population and happiness can be put into a drawer that many players would keep closed as they've achieve steady state on those items, and rarely if ever need to see them again. You'd gain a ton of upper left hand corner space back.

As well, Do the same with the right hand values for coins and supplies. I rarely need to see them if ever, having billions. Again, use a drawer icon concept, and people would hide them.

Portia the Benevolent

Now that I’ve had time to play on the phone I’m going to narrow my issues:

1. Do not keep research and map open. It’s not needed and is clogging up the city.

2. Actually, keep Messages open at all times. That’s the most used menu item and saves a click. It also makes moot the annoyance of the message icon jumping all over the menu (whoever thought that was a good add, no comment).

3. The tab arrows on both sides are really small and I often have to click several times on them to make contact. You don’t need to enlarge them — simply widen the clickable space around them.

Xenosaur

Just Now FIXED...

Original comments:
This release just got seriously broken, seemingly overnite.

NOW - For mobile (iOS) the right hand drawer icon in the closed position is now on TOP of the base icon. In the OPEN position, it's on top of the GB icon.

Especially egregious errors occur while either open or closed.

When closed, if a flag appears that something is new, it's next to impossible to open the drawer, to display the line of child icons, especially on a phone, but also on a tablet. The inability to do that makes the attempt fail, and the drawer icon "flutter" in place, open, closed.

Conversely, it's next to impossible TO CLOSE it, when it's open. Again, it flutters and won't collapse the line of child icons.

In other words, it is so small, and on top of another one, that it can't be addressed by a touch correctly.

Last edited:

Lord Pest

On an iPad the right side button to slide open the menu items it hides doesn’t work all the time. You can tap it a dozen times and it does work.