• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

P C C

Adding a new confirmation window in mobile before visiting someone else's city sounds like a bad idea to me, are players really doing so often enough to make anyone who wants to confirm it? I can't remember doing so.
The second time this window came up for me, it had a check box to stop future confirmation. So I'm fine with that implementation, though still surprised it was worth adding.

I'd like to add my thanks for the change in how taverns show up in town hall event history, I'll definitely be using that to find taverns to visit that weren't ready when I went through my friend list for aids. If I didn't have a Truce Tower and Seed Vault, I'd just do both from event history now.

Ironrooster

I like the production carousel for military units .
I also like the 'no age' filter.

After all the uproar, I had to go fight another battle in order to see the Heal All button. I hadn't noticed it before since I just slide over the heal buttons to click the ok button after the battles. Likewise the other changes don't impact the way I play the game so I am neutral on them.

K-Lord

GOOD...

Maybe they will move the rankings (guild and personal) to something else in the game. There is more to this game than just gvg.
What? battlegrounds? GE? Maybe there is a better way to determine guild rankings but at least now we know how it works. GVG is the best part of the game, Unfortunately, Inno in their shortsightedness is destroying the game.

Johnny B. Goode

So the fact is, the kind of players who normally do not grumble are now doing so.
Well, the fact is that it is still less than a couple of dozen people out of thousands complaining about the change. Out of how many active players? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? And apparently most from one guild. That is not necessarily something Inno should listen to. If you remember the abort limit, there was a "huge uproar" here on the Forum about that. And it's still there as far as I know, but the complaining stopped. Same thing could happen here. Or Inno could decide to change the position. Or they could remove the button. Personally, I don't care. I just thinks it's funny that people say their game is ruined and they might quit or stop buying Diamonds or...well, fill in the blank. Lots of crying and threats, but in the end people will just keep playing and adjust. Like always. And all over one silly button that isn't actually in anybody's way. I don't fight for hours, but I do fight quickly when I do, and I've had absolutely no issues with the new button or its placement. It's especially ridiculous when you remember that people starting complaining here before GBG even started that this button was going to ruin it...before they even tried to adjust to the change. That's making your mind up in advance, and all the crying on here should be viewed in light of that.

Insatiable1

Well, the fact is that it is still less than a couple of dozen people out of thousands complaining about the change. Out of how many active players? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? And apparently most from one guild. That is not necessarily something Inno should listen to. If you remember the abort limit, there was a "huge uproar" here on the Forum about that. And it's still there as far as I know, but the complaining stopped. Same thing could happen here. Or Inno could decide to change the position. Or they could remove the button. Personally, I don't care. I just thinks it's funny that people say their game is ruined and they might quit or stop buying Diamonds or...well, fill in the blank. Lots of crying and threats, but in the end people will just keep playing and adjust. Like always. And all over one silly button that isn't actually in anybody's way. I don't fight for hours, but I do fight quickly when I do, and I've had absolutely no issues with the new button or its placement. It's especially ridiculous when you remember that people starting complaining here before GBG even started that this button was going to ruin it...before they even tried to adjust to the change. That's making your mind up in advance, and all the crying on here should be viewed in light of that.
Fact is, the rest of the players have probably come to accept that Inno does NOT care about it's customers. Another FACT...is that the title of the thread is FEEDBACK on the latest Update. NOT ALL feedback is positive, which is why MOST companies ask for feedback. Most companies try to make their customer base happy. Unfortunately, Inno does not share that sentiment. If they did, they would have rewrote the script for GvG to make it available on mobile, and added more maps for the ages above FE...which is what their customer base asked for. Inno will soon learn this when people stop buying Diamonds and stop playing altogether. Also...people started complaining before GBG started because of a thing called BETA...where they test out these new updates on a small amount of players, and some of those beta players posted videos on it on youtube. So, I fail to see how you can say they made up their minds before even seeing it in action. Also...I am pretty sure that there is more than the members of one guild in this thread. This was only day one...give it time. Most of us hate this new update. And Yes, the button is in the way, especially if you fight in GvG.

Last edited:

Insatiable1

There are no medals or diamond purchase buttons in the PvP tower. There are in the PvP Arena and there also is a warning pop-up you can activate. I have never seen them move the position. As far as I know those positions are always the same everywhere in the game with diamonds at the end.
Sorry Grammar Police...I meant the PVP ARENA. And YES they did switch the positions...more than once.Diamonds2.pngdiamonds1.png

Insatiable1

Current:

unknown.png

Suggested Change:

unknown.png

By moving Heal All next to "Your Army" you could keep the old size for the interface exactly as it was before while adding the new button. This will allow it to fit in both single and double wave battles, keeping players happy that they can retain their strategy for fast fighting while also speeding up the healing process for those that want to heal all their units
SUGGESTED CHANGE: IT WAS NOT BROKE!!!..THEY SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE!!!!

Insatiable1

How about, instead of adding things to the game that you know your customers will hate. You add something that we have been asking for, Im sure the list is long.
personally Im tire of the direction this game is taking. Time to find a new game.
AMEN TO THAT!!!! Preferably a game not made by Inno!

Pericles the Lion

I don't fight for hours, but I do fight quickly when I do, and I've had absolutely no issues with the new button or its placement.
This is a feedback thread and I respect your feedback. However, I'd like to point out that the word "quickly" is vague and relative. To me, and I believe the other very active GBG players (perhaps GVG players as well, I don't know) "quickly" means being able to do about 250 battles in about 10 minutes. This is what it takes to be a top 5 fighter in a top guild on T. I took the time to check your cities. 10 worlds, most cities 5+ years old, 65K total battles. Leaves me thinking that my definition of "quickly" differs from yours. There is a recommendation on the table to move the button to a less disagreeable position. If implemented, this modification will have no impact on your game (by your admission) and will restore mine (and others) to the pre-"heal all" condition so why not get behind it?

boeffie

I don't get where Johnny is coming from, saying the negative comments come mostly form one guild.
There are people writing playing on all kinds of worlds, but wiping all of us into 'one guild complainers' seems pretty cavalier.

I play on a few worlds, the general consensus from players who do a lot of battles (and more than 65k over 5 years, for sure) is that this button is placed where it is to make people spend diamonds accidentally. Lots of room to have put it somewhere else.
It has certainly cost me some, whenever my mind wandered and I clicked too fast (the speed I used to click).
They don't all come to complain here, for sure, they've heard the warnings before the update, and also heard the BETA feedback was ignored, so I expect they think it is futile

I agree it doesn't make the game unplayable, but it DEFINITELY hurts my wrist, and also makes me have to be much more attentive while looking at the screen, so that makes it more tiring.
Not something I thought would have been necessary in a day and age where physical repercussions of playing a game are taken into account by developers.
I have now put two dots on my monitor screen, the 2nd one more prominent, to remind me to move when absent-minded, and to make it less tiring on my eyes.
Overall speed has gone down, and so my competitive side has lost part of the fun, and trying to beat macros out there will be even harder.
All in all, not a big incentive to spend more time on a game which is hellbent on taking away my fun.

Pericles the Lion

• With this update, there is now a 'heal all' button where all units (in the battle report) can be healed with one button click!
The exclamation point is telling. The devs view the "heal all" button as an improvement in the gaming experience. Perhaps it is. However, the majority on this thread feel that its positioning is hurtful in a variety of ways. IMHO, it's time for INNO to at least acknowledge our concerns. At this juncture, I haven't decided if the positioning was simply clumsy or an overt attempt to grab diamonds. Moving the button as recommended by other players would be a clear signal that INNO is listening to us.

The Lady Redneck

If you remember the abort limit, there was a "huge uproar" here on the Forum about that. And it's still there as far as I know, but the complaining stopped. Same thing could happen here.
The complaining may have stopped, but the resentment is still under the surface. And "Stephen" am sure you remember there was a huge uproar about the original version of the PvP Arena. INNO did have the good sense to eventually listen to its customers and withdraw and rework it. As a result they now have an addition to the game that it seems to me, most people like. But the long drawn out arguments and initial denial and condescending attitude of the company did have a lasting negative effect. Did they not learn from that? I was still playing in multi worlds back then (including Beta) I did know players in different worlds who ended up saying enough is enough and leave the game after many years of playing it. Very few of them ever came near this Forum. I know a lot more who, like me, have cut right back. And who honestly say they can now see the day coming when they will quit. They will not come here to the forums and complain. They will simply leave. Like the majority of players who actually know the forum exists they look on them with amusement and nothing more. I now only have 2 worlds. And like a lot of friends I no longer buy diamonds. If INNO wants me to do so again THEY now have to prove to ME this game is worth it. And in the end this is only a game, one of many AND my money is my own I now choose to spend it elsewhere.

The thing is..... this is not a major issue. Very few (if any) people want the button removed. They only want it shifted. Is that such a huge thing for a game developer to do?. No it is not. It is a very simple thing to move a button. But by not doing so after so much negative feedback on Beta, it presents a picture of a company that holds its customers in contempt. Stand back and look at it and you will see how ridiculous it makes the company look.

Sharmon the Impaler

The complaining may have stopped, but the resentment is still under the surface. And "Stephen" am sure you remember there was a huge uproar about the original version of the PvP Arena. INNO did have the good sense to eventually listen to its customers and withdraw and rework it. As a result they now have an addition to the game that it seems to me, most people like. But the long drawn out arguments and initial denial and condescending attitude of the company did have a lasting negative effect. Did they not learn from that? I was still playing in multi worlds back then (including Beta) I did know players in different worlds who ended up saying enough is enough and leave the game after many years of playing it. Very few of them ever came near this Forum. I know a lot more who, like me, have cut right back. And who honestly say they can now see the day coming when they will quit. They will not come here to the forums and complain. They will simply leave. Like the majority of players who actually know the forum exists they look on them with amusement and nothing more. I now only have 2 worlds. And like a lot of friends I no longer buy diamonds. If INNO wants me to do so again THEY now have to prove to ME this game is worth it. And in the end this is only a game, one of many AND my money is my own I now choose to spend it elsewhere.

The thing is..... this is not a major issue. Very few (if any) people want the button removed. They only want it shifted. Is that such a huge thing for a game developer to do?. No it is not. It is a very simple thing to move a button. But by not doing so after so much negative feedback on Beta, it presents a picture of a company that holds its customers in contempt. Stand back and look at it and you will see how ridiculous it makes the company look.

Exactly the case of the huge spend diamond tab that appears after you build a building getting in your way when you have to put another beside it or in the case of the settlements whole rows of them. The complaints have stopped but it still annoys many players.

Savvy187

This heal all button breaks combat on PC. GBG is not fun on PC after these changes, simple as that. I have spent the better part of the last year in game designing my city so that I can battle as quickly as possible in GBG only to have inno come along and break the game, essentially making all of that effort a complete waste. Who in their right mind would invest time and or money into a game that blatantly rips off it's customers like that? Why play when they just change the rules if you do too well? Even before these changes were implemented I had noticed that the OK button would move around in GBG, just to try and slow me down.

On the bright side, this change does seem to have cured my FOE addiction.