• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

Pericles the Lion

You missed this from the Beta CM, posted on Septmber 16th??????
Or this from the other CM, two days before that?
Nope. I saw them and I read them. They passed the message up the chain of command and let us know. I wasn't impressed because that's their job and it would be my minimum expectation. Do you find that response satisfying? In light of the fact the devs ignored them and rolled it out on the live servers anyway?

Last edited:

Agent327

Nope. I saw them and I read them. They passed the message up the chain of command and let us know. I wasn't impressed because that's their job and it would be my minimum expectation. Do you find that response satisfying? In light of the fact the devs ignored them and rolled it out on the live servers anyway?

So you saw it, read it and still came up with this?

Overwhelming negative response from players on the Beta server to this change and no official response explaining the rationale for the change or if the players' concerns were going to be addressed. Including Beta it's been nearly a month and all we hear is crickets. At the very least some form of acknowledgement is warranted.

CM being the highest Inno representative on a game server that sure looks like an official response to me. If you had read it carefully, you would also have noticed that they did address player concerns and they did acknowledge those concerns.

RazorbackPirate

CM being the highest Inno representative on a game server that sure looks like an official response to me. If you had read it carefully, you would also have noticed that they did address player concerns and they did acknowledge those concerns.
Do you find that response satisfying? In light of the fact the devs ignored them and rolled it out on the live servers anyway?
That they rolled it out on the live without addressing the issue is the loudest official response you'll get. They took all the feedback from Beta into consideration and rolled it out unchanged anyway.

Will they do anything about it now that it's gone live? Only Inno knows for sure, but the Magic 8-Ball says, "Outlook not so good."

It is what it is. Time to adapt.

Pericles the Lion

So you saw it, read it and still came up with this?

If the CM is the highest INNO rep on the server then there's a problem. They may have "addressed" and "acknowledged" the concerns but that does not equate to correcting the problem. Let's consider a different example....you have been a frequent patron of the restaurant Maison Terrifique. However, on this occasion your Ahi tuna is overcooked and your sauteed veggies are nearly raw. You bring this to the attention of your server who promises to let "the manager" know. Fifteen minutes later you hail the server to find out what is being done to address your concern. The server's reply is "I let my manager know". Did the server acknowledge your concern....yes. Did the server solve the problem,,,,no. So, do you continue to wait or do you leave a $20 tip for the server (it was really the kitchen's problem not theirs) and walk out?

If you are happy with "I told my manager" being the "official response" then good for you, I'm not satisfied and I suspect that many other players share my sentiment.

Pericles the Lion

That they rolled it out on the live without addressing the issue is the loudest official response you'll get. They took all the feedback from Beta into consideration and rolled it out unchanged anyway.

Will they do anything about it now that it's gone live? Only Inno knows for sure, but the Magic 8-Ball says, "Outlook not so good."

It is what it is. Time to adapt.
Nope, not gonna "adapt". I am gonna stop spending money on this game and run it as far as I can for free. If the devs don't care about customer dissatisfaction then I will feel fine knowing that I am consuming INNO resources as a F2P player.

Emberguard

If the CM is the highest INNO rep on the server then there's a problem. They may have "addressed" and "acknowledged" the concerns but that does not equate to correcting the problem. Let's consider a different example....you have been a frequent patron of the restaurant Maison Terrifique. However, on this occasion your Ahi tuna is overcooked and your sauteed veggies are nearly raw. You bring this to the attention of your server who promises to let "the manager" know. Fifteen minutes later you hail the server to find out what is being done to address your concern. The server's reply is "I let my manager know". Did the server acknowledge your concern....yes. Did the server solve the problem,,,,no. So, do you continue to wait or do you leave a $20 tip for the server (it was really the kitchen's problem not theirs) and walk out?

If you are happy with "I told my manager" being the "official response" then good for you, I'm not satisfied and I suspect that many other players share my sentiment.
Correction, they told the Chef.

The Chef coming out of the kitchen won’t get your meal cooked. It might get you to talk to the Chef, but it won’t change the outcome if you‘re just relaying what was already relayed to them

Portia the Benevolent

They are so small I often don’t connect and have to hit it several times. This has become very annoying. Either enlarge the arrows or make the area around the arrows part of the clickable space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pericles the Lion

Correction, they told the Chef.

The Chef coming out of the kitchen won’t get your meal cooked. It might get you to talk to the Chef, but it won’t change the outcome if you‘re just relaying what was already relayed to them
Sorry, but this is beside the point. The server (CM) did their part and the problem was not resolved. Can the Chef (Developer) solve the problem? Yes! If the Chef (Developer) remains in the kitchen is customer service being provided? I say "no" but that's just my opinion. So far, the Chef has not put in an appearance.

BTW, I don't often complain in restaurants but when I do, and if the F&B Manager or Chef comes to my table, my concern has been fixed to my satisfaction every time.

Last edited:

Agent327

I have no idea where you eat. If I tell a server the meal is not good, he/she goes to the chef and asks to prepare a new meal. No manager is needed. In the end, if I do not like a restaurant I leave and never come back again.

Now while I like to talk about food, this isn't Yelp, so try to stay on topic.

Pericles the Lion

I have no idea where you eat. If I tell a server the meal is not good, he/she goes to the chef and asks to prepare a new meal. No manager is needed. In the end, if I do not like a restaurant I leave and never come back again.

Now while I like to talk about food, this isn't Yelp, so try to stay on topic.

It's a frigging metaphor. Where I eat is not the point.

Thank you for proving my point. The server tells the chef and if you are not satisfied with the result you do not return. The CM tells the Dev and if players are not satisfied they stop spending or leave. Same thing.

Pumbaa the Great

Nope, not gonna "adapt". I am gonna stop spending money on this game and run it as far as I can for free. If the devs don't care about customer dissatisfaction then I will feel fine knowing that I am consuming INNO resources as a F2P player.
Unless you are a "whale" and spend thousands of dollars on diamonds a month, I really doubt you'll put a dent in Inno profit margin.

Pericles the Lion

Unless you are a "whale" and spend thousands of dollars on diamonds a month, I really doubt you'll put a dent in Inno profit margin.
I am not naive. Even if I did spend thousands of dollars a month I don't think I'd put a dent in their margin if I stopped spending. What will put a dent in their margin is if hundreds, or thousands, of like minded players chose to stop spending on diamonds and switch to F2P.

Agent327

Thank you for proving my point. The server tells the chef and if you are not satisfied with the result you do not return. The CM tells the Dev and if players are not satisfied they stop spending or leave. Same thing.

Except that CM is not the server, but the manager. That makes your metaphor and point rather bad, so all that is proved is that you are bad at metaphors.

RazorbackPirate

Nope, not gonna "adapt". I am gonna stop spending money on this game and run it as far as I can for free.
So you're adapting. Got it. And with each battle, your kinesthetic memory is being reprogrammed to the new position of the button. Most serious fighters will have it down by the end of this GBG round, the rest, in a month or two.
If the devs don't care about customer dissatisfaction then I will feel fine knowing that I am consuming INNO resources as a F2P player.
So bold. So brave. Such a hard stance.

I've always felt fine being F2P. While I appreciate those who choose to spend diamonds so I can play for free, I'll never be one of them.

Pericles the Lion

Except that CM is not the server, but the manager. That makes your metaphor and point rather bad, so all that is proved is that you are bad at metaphors.
If, as you say, the CM is the "manager" then they are in the unfortunate position of having responsibility but no authority.

We could go on debating this for days but I'm not going to waste my time.

Pericles the Lion

So you're adapting. Got it. And with each battle, your kinesthetic memory is being reprogrammed to the new position of the button. Most serious fighters will have it down by the end of this GBG round, the rest, in a month or two.
"Kinesthetic memory is being reprogrammed" LMAO. How would you know what "serious fighters" are capable of doing or are going to do? You've been playing in two worlds for what, four years? 28K battles total. Serious fighters can do 28K battles in 8 weeks.

RazorbackPirate

"Kinesthetic memory is being reprogrammed" LMAO. How would you know what "serious fighters" are capable of doing or are going to do? You've been playing in two worlds for what, four years? 28K battles total. Serious fighters can do 28K battles in 8 weeks.
You obviously have no idea what I wrote, or you'd know you just agreed with me.

Sharmon the Impaler

They even put the heal all button on the last screen too , for the players ? I don

So bold. So brave. Such a hard stance.

I've always felt fine being F2P. While I appreciate those who choose to spend diamonds so I can play for free, I'll never be one of them.

You must be aware of the last round of GbG on Sundays that your guild does before the reset (sometimes the 2 preceding reset not just one) have buttons that change position (not order just position). Then note that in the 2 wave battles during this time the second wave battle screen swaps the autobattle button with about 30% of the Help All button. I just had this round and it was apparent in all 239 battles. Where would Kinesthetic memory help you there ? Myself and all of the faster fighters in my guild have a speed reduced by about 50% if any faster they end up hitting the button sometimes more than once in the same sector. The ensuing pop up and clear negate the gains from trying to go faster.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

You've been playing in two worlds for what, four years? 28K battles total. Serious fighters can do 28K battles in 8 weeks.
FYI: This is the "I'm better than you" crap that I was talking about. You've got no clue what any of the rest of us have done or are able to do. You, however, are spectacularly unable to adjust to a minor change to the game, by your own admission. "Serious" fighters adjust to conditions, they don't whine about them. And now that you know that Inno may be unlikely to change this, you'd be better off spending your time adapting instead of continuing to complain and insult those who disagree with you.

Oh, and my taste in music has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, although the fact that you disparage it tells me all I need to know about your own shortcomings in that area.

RazorbackPirate

You must be aware of the last round of GbG on Sundays that your guild does before the reset (sometimes the 2 preceding reset not just one) have buttons that change position (not order just position). Then note that in the 2 wave battles during this time the second wave battle screen swaps the autobattle button with about 30% of the Help All button. I just had this round and it was apparent in all 239 battles. Where would Kinesthetic memory help you there ? Mine and all of the faster fighters in my guild have a speed reduced by about 50% if any faster they end up hitting the button sometimes more than once in the same sector. The ensuing pop up and clear negate the gains from trying to go faster.
You will get used to moving your mouse to the correct position and have it there before the button even appears. I understand you're not there yet, but you will be sooner or later. Will you or anyone be able to return to your previous speed? Maybe not, but you'll get close. With everyone sharing the same handicap, it doesn't much matter, no one gains an advantage over another, except maybe those with higher adaptability.