• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

-Jess1155-

As I said in my original post, even before this update was released my OK button would be moved out of alignment with the auto battle buttons on a daily basis if I were very active. What possible reason would there be for them to do that if it were not an attempt to slow me down?

Not sure if youre PC or mobile but I have noticed (mobile) that when your units dont take damage the diamond heal button is gone moving the auto battle button to the left as well as the battle button. If the fight has a second wave and your units didnt take damage you click battle instead of auto battle because of this.
I wish inno could figure out a way to take this issue away as it has cost race losses and is infuriating when it happens.
To get around this I try to leave a damaged unit in when its time to swap some out but this causes me troop loss inevitably and without doing this and just accepting sometimes entering a manual battle I can lose out on at least 3 fights between all the loading screens of manual battle.

Another reason you may see things moved around is on Sunday nights on PC only the neighborhood leaderboard is not displayed at the top of the screen which makes the ok screen box smaller so your ok button is a good two inches up from where it normally is the rest of the week.
I think inno could easily find a way to fix these issues and make things more steamlined and less frustrating for their players.

Recent updates have taken away some smoother aspects of the game like buying medals in GE or FP with coin. This last update and buying buildings in GBG is the most disappointing. Scroll down buy SC get pushed back to top. Have to scroll down again. People are accidentally purchasing forts and having to delete them because it hops around. What a waste of goods.
Not to mention if I need to flip a sector and build 3 siege camps and diamond them all in a race it takes at least 15-20 seconds. This will undoubtedly cause race losses also.

Personally I dont like new targets in gbg either. Its hard to see how fast flag is filling. Once stop hand is on its hard to see if something is primed you have to click on sector. Also hard to see another team hitting something with the stop hand on it as its already so white the flashes arent as eye catching.

Inno seems to be trying to make changes for the better aesthetically but theyre just making gameplay laggy and frustrating.

Theres my 2 or 10 cents about the latest changes, attack and criticize at will.
>>Fyi I also left negative feedback in apple store for the app as is my right to do so just as anyone elses....

Last edited:

McBluefire

I don't agree with this conclusion. I seriously doubt Inno changed it the way they did to screw players. To think so is nonsense. That it slows down PC fighters is an unintended consequence. I also don't think any of the proposed location changes will work within the existing dialog box wrapper, which is why Inno went live with what did work in the existing wrapper. To me this is similar to the complaints when they added Age titles titles to the Market dialog. They could add the lines, but they would have had to change the wrapper to accommodate the 2 additional lines on screen.

Razor, while I completely agree with your signature lines, it probably wouldn't hurt if you tempered your responses a bit to other players. While you are free to respond to any forum post my feedback was intended for FoE and is just that - my feedback. Another player's perspective does not negate the feedback of other players. You stated yours early on, and frankly there is little need to feel it needs defending with every new post. Never have understood the "my opinion trumps yours" arguments on this forum. When side A or side B lose because the devs decide to go with one of the views it's amazing how those same people do not come back and concede that their opinion lost. I wouldn't expect them too, honestly, as it was a decision made by the devs to help the most people. So the question is (for the devs), does the heal all button help more players than the physical discomfort and annoyance affect other players?

While it might be a bit overboard to think Inno intentionally is trying to screw players the line of reasoning is not nonsense. It has happened, it is happening, and it can be resolved by rolling back the change until a better solution can be implemented and tested on all platforms prior to release. As a web designer/programmer the changes I proposed would likely take less time to implement in their constructs than it did for me to execute using graphic editing tools. Even on a touch screen the last time I played GvG (yesterday) I hit the new button more than once and had to click away the diamond confirmation dialog. This is not enjoyable when trying to get a sector and trying not to lose your seige.

Which is why, from Inno's perspective, it's a bit of a non issue. Most players are mobile, playing on phone or a tablet. Of the user base in total, a minority are even affected. As I stated in a previous post, I play on a touch screen PC so when I have to do repetitive mouse tasks like collecting, fighting, or negotiating, I use the touch screen. For other things, I use the mouse. The best of both worlds.
I didn't realize Inno had a perspective on this yet. I haven't seen a post from them. Could you site it?

No one is making you do that much fighting other than you. Going after the rewards and milestones may not be entertaining per se, but you're going after them so you're getting something from it.
Thank you for understanding my side-line regarding the grind that is fighting tens of thousands of times and for reminding me it is my choice. ;) I "always" enjoy the patronizing "no one is making you do it" comments that I see sent to people near daily in these forums.

With this only really affecting the hard core PC fighter, I'm not sure Inno has a motivation to invest in the change. On the flip side, if another unintended consequence of this change is that it now allows Inno to identify and punish the Bot users who now stick out even more, would the change, overall, be so bad?

From experience I have found that the efforts undertaken though UI changes and automated detection of patterns to catch exploiters and bots end up affecting the general user more than it ever catches abusers and it rarely benefits the community. Bots can easily be changed while muscle memory and repetitive motion disorders take months or even years to overcome.

I feel it worth mention that a large portion of the argument against removing the PvP towers was due to how it misaligned the fight and victory/defeat screens. Here we are a few months later with another UI change that affects the alignment of those screens.

Last edited:

85gt

From experience I have found that the efforts undertaken though UI changes and automated detection of patterns to catch exploiters and bots end up affecting the general user more than it ever catches abusers and it rarely benefits the community. Bots can easily be changed while muscle memory and repetitive motion disorders take months or even years to overcome.
Yes 100% true. The Heal All button seems that it may have just been another one of Inno`s failed attempts to slow the botting but yes it has killed the honest fighters ability to have a chance, and did nothing for the bots (scripts), these scripts are easly changed to accommodate such a silly change. Some of the scripts used now go straight to the server, the users are allowed to hit dropped sectors,refill troops directly and you cannot siege the sector untill the troops go in so you have no chance in the fight part of the game, this script is also used in GbG. Last update killed our chances of any chance of competing. and they don`t seem to care.

From my experience on browser (PC) I got to say that the Heal All Button that was added is in a really bad spot. Why? It displaces the green OK button and requires users to move their mouse almost CONSTANTLY. Moving the green OK button, that is shown after a victory, restricts the player's ability to auto battle easily and opens up the possibility for accidentally diamond spending. If one of the goals of adding the HEAL ALL button is to create a "Diamond drain" on the player base then the developers are going to "kill" the enjoyment of "fast fights" period. As a result, PC players (humans) will spend even more time per (auto-battle) fight; this reduces the enjoyment of the game by making it more tedious. If the developers at "Inno Games" cared about the enjoyment or satisfaction of their players, they might consider implementing the gold HEAL ALL button in a spot that does not disrupt the usability of the auto battle feature.
.HEAL ALL fix option.jpg Here is a way that the developers could resolve the complaints that the HEAL ALL hurts LEGITIMATE fighters. It involves moving the HEAL ALL button to the right half of the screen, while shifting the green OK button up and to the left slightly. This is very similar to the change they did a while back to the neighborhood fight options after battle.
Neighbor hood after-battle options.png In this case, the developers could move the HEAL ALL box for Guild Battle Grounds to where the "back to city" option is located in Neighborhood, or just above that spot. This however could create some design problems for neighborhood fights. A suggestion which would not SIGNIFICANTLY alter the ease of "Fast fights" for LEGITAMATE players would be the suggestion to put the gold HEAL ALL button above the player's army.
HEAL ALL fix suggestion.png I did not create this last image, however I added the Green Arrow to clarify the new position the HEAL ALL button would be in. Positioning the HEAL ALL button here should not affect the prior ease of "fast fights" in Guild Battle Grounds via the auto battle feature. This is a suggestion for the developers or designers at Inno Games. Please make the above stated change or FIX. Failure to do so will result in many dedicated fighters questioning their enjoyment of the game (Forge of Empires).
Sincerely, Playnowwithfriends.

Ramen the Noods

Nothing new here except wanting to chime in that the Heal All button does nothing good except cause us to accidentally spend diamonds or forces us to do an extra step of closing the window, doesn't slow down those with macros (just change the macro and voila), slows down real/legit people behind the mouse (gotta keep moving it) which is distracting from the actual goal the battle... need I go on?

Please change the window back to what it was and find a less annoying place for your precious diamond button which few people use anyway... willingly.

Start listening to your players, we're getting tired of those underhanded changes

Boy... You guys are so upset over a button. I like it. It has already saved me a lot of time. I'm done GE in a day. I think you all need to chill and take a walk or something. This is a game. A button isn't the end of the world.

I'd also like to point out that most people who like the change won't take the time to comment. You only ever hear the negative comments.
How often to you buy Diamonds? Many fast fighters save Diamonds by switching out their damaged units for healthy ones (Alcatraz) after several battles depending on the rng. Also anyone can do GE in a day if they have the medals via the ARC. Why spend Diamonds when you can spend Medals on attempts?

Rainbowie

This is my first-ever post on a forum, I went to the trouble of registering just to say this, but I just (barely) noticed that I had accidentally spent diamonds on HEAL ALL on GbG, and it's hard to say how many other times I have done this but didn't notice. The button for HEAL ALL is horribly located!! Please move it! Or better yet, just get rid of it.

How often to you buy Diamonds? Many fast fighters save Diamonds by switching out their damaged units for healthy ones (Alcatraz) after several battles depending on the rng. Also anyone can do GE in a day if they have the medals via the ARC. Why spend Diamonds when you can spend Medals on attempts?
ive bought a lot of diamonds and i do spend them on GE because im trying to save my medals up to fight in AA. but this is coming to a fast halt for me because i cant fast fight in gvg any longer, and apparently i dont need to save my medals for it.

Pericles the Lion

So, I've found my solution to the "Heal All" button debacle. I started up cities in four more worlds and am turning them into goods farms so that I can run GE and to a lesser extent GBG. New towns have been running for only 4 weeks and I'm already able to complete GE63 and mine diamonds there. These 4 cities, combined with my main city, are cranking out over 1000 diamonds weekly now and I think it will get modestly better as I become better able to complete more encounters in GBG. 1000/week is more than enough for me. So, INNO, I won't be spending any more real money on your game.

Agent327

So, I've found my solution to the "Heal All" button debacle. I started up cities in four more worlds and am turning them into goods farms so that I can run GE and to a lesser extent GBG. New towns have been running for only 4 weeks and I'm already able to complete GE63 and mine diamonds there. These 4 cities, combined with my main city, are cranking out over 1000 diamonds weekly now and I think it will get modestly better as I become better able to complete more encounters in GBG. 1000/week is more than enough for me. So, INNO, I won't be spending any more real money on your game.

If those cities have been running for 4 weeks you started them the day of the update. Bit hard to believe you did it just because of the heal all button. Could it be you started those two weeks later? That would ofcourse mean you have not been running them for 4 weeks and that makes the number of diamonds you claim to have made rather doubtful.

Pericles the Lion

If those cities have been running for 4 weeks you started them the day of the update. Bit hard to believe you did it just because of the heal all button. Could it be you started those two weeks later? That would ofcourse mean you have not been running them for 4 weeks and that makes the number of diamonds you claim to have made rather doubtful.
This is a feedback thread, not a discussion thread. I provided feedback.

Agent327

This is a feedback thread, not a discussion thread. I provided feedback.

Yes you provided feedback, but if you did not start those 4 cities 4 weeks ago what is the value of that feedback? Did you start those 4 cities immediately the day the heal all button was introduced, or did you do so 2 weeks later? Don't you think feedback would be better if the info you give is accurate? Just asking.

Part of your feedback contains advice for other players. As a player I question the validity of that part.

Pericles the Lion

Yes you provided feedback, but if you did not start those 4 cities 4 weeks ago what is the value of that feedback? Did you start those 4 cities immediately the day the heal all button was introduced, or did you do so 2 weeks later? Don't you think feedback would be better if the info you give is accurate? Just asking.

Part of your feedback contains advice for other players. As a player I question the validity of that part.
Feel free to question all that you like. I choose to not answer your questions. Anyone that would like more information is welcome to DM me.

RedR0ck

I just want to say, although I didn't spend any diamonds on the "Heal all" button, the only reason I haven't is because I was very careful.

So please, remove the "Heal all" button. It's not useful to anybody except for the few people who have enough diamonds to spend for this kind of stuff.
I did once then I sent a ticket to support. They told that they'll return diamonds but this is one time only. Then I had to turn the confirmation on which I don't like.

ArianX

As of update 1.214
Gotta say, I like the troop carousel, also like the option to visit tavern from event list, find it really handy.
The no age filter doesn't really help that much, would be nice to have rogues and maybe other no age troops have a tab like heavy, light, etc so they can be easily picked without scrolling far right every time you need to replace them.
I never use whisper, so cannot comment on that.
Heal all button, honestly hate it, dont need it, not sure if anyone does. If you have a traz, you definitely have more units than you need. extra movement is annoying, I use a trackball cos mouse movement is too stressfull for me and ends up in pain. The extra moves for every single fight is not good, even if you do dozens of fights (I know people who do thousends) the new box makes things slow, annoying cos of the extra clicks and moves, and really frustrating when trying to compete with others for sectors. On top of it, cheaters can still use bots or scripts or whatever they are using, and I'm pretty sure none get punished. But people who enjoy playing are given an update that makes their gameplay more difficult and frustrating. Hope they roll this back.