• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

Question: Is the addition of the HEAL ALL button Inno Games' way collecting data on the speed of fights for all players??? If the devs slowed legitimate players down, wouldn't the devs be able to tell who was unaffected by the update and who was? The they could find the macro/script/bot users. After a bit of time the devs could then move the HEAL ALL button to a spot that wouldn't affect fast fighters. Then they could make another comparison to see if the time it took to fight fast changed (legitimate), or if it remained the same (possible macro/script/bot). I hope this is what the devs are doing, because screwing over all the fast fighters isn't good for long-term customer satisfaction.

iPenguinPat

Question: Is the addition of the HEAL ALL button Inno Games' way collecting data on the speed of fights for all players??? If the devs slowed legitimate players down, wouldn't the devs be able to tell who was unaffected by the update and who was? The they could find the macro/script/bot users. After a bit of time the devs could then move the HEAL ALL button to a spot that wouldn't affect fast fighters. Then they could make another comparison to see if the time it took to fight fast changed (legitimate), or if it remained the same (possible macro/script/bot). I hope this is what the devs are doing, because screwing over all the fast fighters isn't good for long-term customer satisfaction.

I hope this is the case too.

That said, I strong doubt this change is to separate legit fighters from script users. When the last script was out, the speed gap was huge. It was twice as fast as the fastest legit fighters.

If they were going to use behavioral data to detect (which they should because it would work well), they would have already been doing it. The speed difference between this slowdown will be less of a gap than the last cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:

superjaded

If changes made you guys do not like are not changed back within a day you already feel ignored and the threats start flying. My recommendation would be to give it some time and at least try to give your feedback in a respectfull way. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Over a month later and still no response from devs. Not that it is expected at this point but is a good reason why many feel ignored. A lot of time has already been given with no word at all but keep waiting.. Keep waiting for what? A change back? Nothing at all? (Things that make you go hmmm)

Bots are not slowed down while legit players who take GVG and GBG serious ARE. Proof from players who take neither seriously and can leisurely stroll onto the GVG map and toss in a few fights with no resistance is not much of a rebuttal to make me a believer. (Try at 8 est in a top guild against another top guild who tries their hardest to stop you) Then maybe others will believe it will not affect them too (However it does). Several here on this thread are however in a top guild and it slows us all down. The only group not slowed down by it are the botting players (who basically only need to change their script a 30 second one time change at most)

If the end goal here is to give the bots the advantage then good job Inno you succeeded. Not only are serious guilds in GVG who are already slowed down by poor heal button placement we're also slowed down by whisper removal and must now get in touch with others through mail which is yet again another step to do. Why was this removed? To decrease lag? (that didn't work) To yet again slow down players who take GVG seriously? (seems to look that way to me) Why not start with the neighborhood chat which in my world is always empty, I'm sure it's similar in other worlds as well.

This doesn't need votes. It isn't most votes win. It is feedback, so it will be forwarded. In the end, devs decide.
Just a suggestion but maybe if the change logs feedback forum section displayed that green forwarded box like the submitted changes forum section show maybe it would relieve a lot of players sharing their feedback with this change (and other change log threads) as proof that their feedback has been heard by Inno. Perhaps a word from the devs once in a while on these change log feedback forums would provide a little more support for wary players.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

That was nine days ago and it came from a CM. Is it too much to ask for the devs to simply let players know what the plan is? Why all the secrecy? There was no justification for adding the heal all button to browser and, now, we hear nothing but crickets from the devs regarding their "improvement" plan. It's very simple....tell us what they intend to do. (A) Remove it, (B) Move it out of the way, (C) Leave it where it is.

RazorbackPirate

That was nine days ago and it came from a CM. Is it too much to ask for the devs to simply let players know what the plan is? Why all the secrecy? There was no justification for adding the heal all button to browser and, now, we hear nothing but crickets from the devs regarding their "improvement" plan. It's very simple....tell us what they intend to do. (A) Remove it, (B) Move it out of the way, (C) Leave it where it is.
"Rest assured, you've been heard."

Which means it will be option C until they can get around to option B, if they ever do. It doesn't take an official announcement from Inno to discern that. As this affects only a small minority of players, heavy auto-battlers on PC, it also doesn't take an official announcement to discern this is more than likely a low priority for Inno. We also don't know the difficulty level of any potential fix such as moving the button. That it was not changed before going live or quickly afterward, it doesn't take an official announcement to further discern it's not a quick and easy fix.

That it is not a quick and easy fix only affecting a small minority of players, it doesn't take an official announcement to discern that in the ranking of new features/usability improvements, this one is low on the priority list.

Until the button moves, you have your answer. That you don't like the answer does not mean you're entitled to another one. Inno does not owe you a dialog about their decisions.

Emberguard

That was nine days ago and it came from a CM. Is it too much to ask for the devs to simply let players know what the plan is?
Community Managers are the appointed point of contact on behalf of the Developers. Updates are every two weeks, but it can take several updates sometimes to get something implemented.

Pericles the Lion

@Razorback and @Emberguard....

I appreciate your reply but do not really understand why you players are answering for INNO. Unless you are employees of INNO or are somehow inside of the "cone of silence" neither of you possess any more insight into this situation than I , or any other player for that matter, do. The CM stated that the devs were working on an "improvement". My message, directed at them, was a request for more information about what "improvement" means. I get it that the "Heal All" button may not affect your play but that should not prevent you from supporting the players that are affected. Someday, INNO will implement a change that does affect your play and you will want support from other players. Will we turn our backs on you if that change does not affect us?

Emberguard

Unless you are employees of INNO or are somehow inside of the "cone of silence" neither of you possess any more insight into this situation than I
I’m a former mod, so yes I have prior experience with the cone of silence.

My message, directed at them, was a request for more information about what "improvement" means. I get it that the "Heal All" button may not affect your play but that should not prevent you from supporting the players that are affected
I’m not against you, I was merely explaining the kind of timeframe it can take before you’ll see action.

Someday, INNO will implement a change that does affect your play and you will want support from other players. Will we turn our backs on you if that change does not affect us?
They already did

McBluefire

Adam, Community Manager, stated in today's Facebook Live question and answers that the team is looking into the concerns presented by the Heal All button placement and they are considering options but do not have an eta and will not promise they are going to do anything to change it at this time, however he ended with "...we are looking into different solutions now."

Can be seen here beginning at 20:18
Script from the video:
Adam: "So Great Oz, Great Oz? I think that's correct? Ah..He says, 'Any plans on fixing the heal all button problems?'"
Adam: "Ah, Certainly ... Last time we had feedback about the Heal All button placements..ah...and we are looking into that feedback. Considering different options moving forward. I can't give you a time frame in terms of - or any kinds of guarantees - right now in terms of what we will do with that; but certainly we've heard all that feedback and, and we are looking into different solutions now."

So promising that most of the answer was about looking into different solutions. Meanwhile I'm just taking a break from GvG.

P C C

I'd like to add my thanks for the change in how taverns show up in town hall event history, I'll definitely be using that to find taverns to visit that weren't ready when I went through my friend list for aids. If I didn't have a Truce Tower and Seed Vault, I'd just do both from event history now.
With all the discussion of 'Heal All' on browser, I may have missed someone commenting on it, but the implementation of the above for the app could be improved. For both browser and app, it was already very obvious in event history whether it was possible to aid another player (with a bright orange vs a gray symbol). When this change for tavern sitting was added, friend event history in browser got the same orange vs gray distinction. But on the app, it's orange no matter what and there's only the difference of a small green check(?) vs an hourglass which is much less obvious, especially on a small screen.

Pericles the Lion

So it seems that the Devs resized the "Battle Result" window in the browser version of GBG but the "Heal All" button left where it was. It took a month to get used to working around the heal all button and now I've got to get used to a whole new set of cursor movements. What the heck are the Devs thinking? Honest PC players keep getting inconvenienced while the script users simply modify their scripts and keep on rolling. The gap between honest players and cheaters is widening. Why?

Pericles the Lion

It's been nearly a month since @LeCron advised us that the devs were working on an 'improvement" for the Heal All button. Can we get an update please? What are the devs' intentions?

Pumbaa the Great

It's been nearly a month since @LeCron advised us that the devs were working on an 'improvement" for the Heal All button. Can we get an update please? What are the devs' intentions?
From Beta CM.

I said, that I can share some information with you. Sorry that it took longer than expected. The following text will cover multiple things you raised in the past. The situation is currently like this:

Firstly, we have put a lot of resources and development time into fixing technical issues in recent times.

In terms of GBG performance, we are actively putting resources trying to fix the guild battlegrounds performance issue. We have tried to fix it throughout the last couple of months, but it has proved challenging.

Unfortunately, there continues to be no easy fix, and we are continuing to work on a solution to this matter.

In terms of heal all, we are also investigating solutions there a well, but with Guild Battlegrounds performance taking priority, it is also not something we can give certainty currently on an immediate solution. However, it is on our agenda, and something we are investigating solutions towards.

Lastly, the requested balancing changes for GBG update, are something we can definitely consider for 2022, especially following response to this update in 2021.

McBluefire

Did they ever happen to think maybe the App GBG slowness was compounded by the heall all button? I don't truly view that as feasible, but when grasping at straws to overcome an unknown the last thing you do is add more variables into the environment.

Agent327

From Beta CM.

I said, that I can share some information with you. Sorry that it took longer than expected. The following text will cover multiple things you raised in the past. The situation is currently like this:

Firstly, we have put a lot of resources and development time into fixing technical issues in recent times.

In terms of GBG performance, we are actively putting resources trying to fix the guild battlegrounds performance issue. We have tried to fix it throughout the last couple of months, but it has proved challenging.

Unfortunately, there continues to be no easy fix, and we are continuing to work on a solution to this matter.

In terms of heal all, we are also investigating solutions there a well, but with Guild Battlegrounds performance taking priority, it is also not something we can give certainty currently on an immediate solution. However, it is on our agenda, and something we are investigating solutions towards.

Lastly, the requested balancing changes for GBG update, are something we can definitely consider for 2022, especially following response to this update in 2021.

[/URL]

This statement has been made on the Beta forum. It is not something that has been shared with the US server yet. Any questions or comments you might have regarding this, you need to direct at the Beta forum. Since it has not been shared with us yet we can not comment on it.

Pericles the Lion

It has been five weeks since the CM posted on the "Feedback for Update 1.216" thread that the devs were working on an improvement to the "Heal All" button problem. Can we have an update? At the very least they should be able to inform us what they intend to do.

Tony 85 the Generous

Idea:
Remove the prompt
1638233234333.png

When clicking the Building icon on a sector in GBG that has been marked as ignore
1638233212675.png

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Nothing similar suggested

Reason: Pop-up message is irrelevent to seeing which buildingsare on the province.

Details: Remove the Province Tagged pop-up message when clicking on the buildings button. Being marked as ignore is no applicable to viewing the buildings on the province.

Visual Aids: Not Applicable

Balance: No effect on balance

Abuse Prevention: No possible abuse

Summary: It is irrelevent and unnecessaryto notify the player the province is marked as ignore when checking the status of buildings on the province.