• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.230

Agaselle

Whe all want Inno to provide us with the verry best of game time , but so do whe players.
In the future it would help to give the ..// Announcement a better respectable view window.
I am afraid it will sweep under to many carpets and some players dont simply get it what you are saying , because they take you for some kind of advertisement or even worse , ../ spam.
Thanks a lot Community Manager again for youre hard work and much appreciated ...............attention. ....// maybe you can add some colore behind the words, just the field...//

UBERhelp1

The change to the battle happiness modifier sounds great if that and the other GBG change do really increase the performance when battling! Got my fingers crossed!
If it's too fast, you might just end up with your fingers broken from clicking :p

I'm glad to see performance being improved!

spartacus2.0

Performance was fine for me with the happiness. :\
Why remove that? It's an extra bonus for people with enthusiastic citizens. Makes building so many culture buildings and decorations more worth it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Performance was fine for me with the happiness. :\
Why remove that? It's an extra bonus for people with enthusiastic citizens. Makes building so many culture buildings and decorations more worth it.
Probably because We find that the majority of players who actively participate in battles tend to have an enthusiastic population anyway, and the reduced load on the servers more than justifies the change that the vast majority of players might gain versus a minor gain that will only affect a very few players (and those players probably do very few battles anyways).

Honestly, how many players don't get wayyyy more than enough happiness from their event buildings anymore? It's so much so for me that I can't remember the last time I even thought about whether or not my population might not be enthusiastic in any city, no matter the era or development level.

And that brings up the whole other issue of why you would have any culture buildings or decorations in your city. Other than building and deleting immediately for a quest requirement they are never worth it.

spartacus2.0

Probably because We find that the majority of players who actively participate in battles tend to have an enthusiastic population anyway, and the reduced load on the servers more than justifies the change that the vast majority of players might gain versus a minor gain that will only affect a very few players (and those players probably do very few battles anyways).

Honestly, how many players don't get wayyyy more than enough happiness from their event buildings anymore? It's so much so for me that I can't remember the last time I even thought about whether or not my population might not be enthusiastic in any city, no matter the era or development level.

And that brings up the whole other issue of why you would have any culture buildings or decorations in your city, other than building and deleting immediately for a quest requirement.
Not in my main city ofc. But in my other baby worlds...

Xenosaur

I'm wondering more about this "cryptic, non-transparent" comment...

We also made small adjustments to the Guild Battlegrounds, improving the performance.

The Lady Redneck

I'm wondering more about this "cryptic, non-transparent" comment...

We also made small adjustments to the Guild Battlegrounds, improving the performance.
That is easy. they will have slowed down the rate of attrition, Increased the number of building slots on tiles. Increased the number of diamonds in the rewards.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I have a question regarding the highlighted section of today's announcement:

Dear Kings and Queens,
There is one more update we would like to highlight. Starting from May 16th, all players have access to Daily Challenge improvements. For example:
- Skip today's rewards for tomorrow's rewards. When selecting prizes for the new Daily Challenge, you can click the "You want the other prizes?" button to swap for tomorrow's prize selection. You will see the same selection tomorrow. The change is available for Diamonds, only once a day.
- Exchange separate Tasks. Once per day for free, you can exchange a Task from the Daily Challenge. For a small Diamond fee, you can do it again until the Tasks fit your goals.
- We've added new rewards. For example, now you can win military buildings!
- Finally, we have adjusted the difficulty of the tasks, making some easier and some more challenging. The overall difficulty stays the same.
We hope you enjoy this addition as well!

Not all tasks have the option to change them out for free or for diamonds. Some days they all have the ability to switch out, and on other days none of the tasks do, and everything inbetween. This has been noticed on beta, and players have been asking repeatedly for over 4 months there whether or not this is a bug. It was marked investigating, but we've been totally ghosted on the subject by the mods there.

There also seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones don't get the switch out option. One day that task may have the option, another day it doesn't.

It's kind of hard to "do it again until the tasks fit your goals" if you don't even get the option to do it in the first place.

So the question is:

Is that fact that some daily challenge tasks don't have the option to switch them out a bug or an intended design mechanic?

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Thanks. Really appreciate it!
Here's what I got:

It is intended that the button won't be visible sometimes. It happens when there's no better alternative for that particular task.

When exchanging the tasks, the game grabs from a pool of tasks. The task after the exchange should be easier than the previous one. If there is no easier task available in the pool OR the tasks exclude each other (for example, they cannot be of the same type), the button will not be available.

If you still have any questions, please let us know. :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

Here's what I got:

It is intended that the button won't be visible sometimes. It happens when there's no better alternative for that particular task.

When exchanging the tasks, the game grabs from a pool of tasks. The task after the exchange should be easier than the previous one. If there is no easier task available in the pool OR the tasks exclude each other (for example, they cannot be of the same type), the button will not be available.

Thank you so much. Very good explanation!

The Lady Redneck

Here's what I got:

That makes sense.

TripleH

Here's what I got:

How many pools are there? How many tasks in a pool? From the look of it, tasks can be in more than one pool. Any chance those pools can be posted?