• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser23302

Another issue with "leaving the conversation" is if you are cleaning up your mailbox and let's say you are on page 10, you are bumped back to page one after "leaving." Great, now we have to click page by page to get back where we were. It's a lot of added effort.

DeletedUser17347

And yet Inno didn't see the whole 'leaving message' thing as an issue. I can't even comprehend that.

They did not and can not understand that because they do not play this game nor to my understanding even read this forum. How can you even attempt to respond to issues when you won't even read the complaints?
They might as well just place a burning trash can outside their office with a sign above it saying "Complaints / Suggests here"

And if you believe they are working on it, think again. The devs have moved onto something else. It took them 6 months to "fix" the social bar.

DeletedUser9393

In the meantime, simple requests like increasing number of friends you can invite from 80 to 140 (which would literally take 5 minutes to implement and which was overwhelmingly voted for) get ignored.

DeletedUser

In the meantime, simple requests like increasing number of friends you can invite from 80 to 140 (which would literally take 5 minutes to implement and which was overwhelmingly voted for) get ignored.

Amen Mighty! MZ

DeletedUser2355

So when does this get placed in polling?

I will be nominating the two "fix" proposals on 10/14:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...NG-THE-NEW-MESSAGE-SYSTEM-(LEFT-NOTIFICATION)

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...FIXING-THE-NEW-MESSAGE-SYSTEM-(DELETE-OPTION)

- - - Updated - - -

No, it was present on beta for several weeks before the main rollout. And the beta people complained aggressively. I assume there is some reason the issue wasn't dealt with then, but I don't know the details.

Was not tested on mobile devices at all however before being released to live servers.

zeibal

Moderators - Please pass on my opinion of the new messaging system to the moderators. I've expressed it in language they should understand: "Die neue e-Mail-Anwendung ist Scheiße!" (I don't believe this needs translation)

DeletedUser

Like everyone else, I HATE the new message system. It was bad before, but now it's just horrible. I was hoping it would either get fixed or I'd get used to it, but the one thing I can't get used to is the apparently hurt feelings that people get when I "leave a message". My awesome guild is very active, we talk and help each other a lot...sometimes I am unable to help a particular request; in the past I could delete these messages and move on to one I can, but now it seems that seeing someones name as "left the conversation" makes some feel like that person doesn't care and aren't helpful. So I'm afraid to delete messages now (ok, not boogeyman afraid, but you know what I mean!).

It's such a bad taste in my mouth, that I dread checking messages, and in fact rarely read them anymore - I'll glance over the subject, but most are titled "Group Message", so that doesn't help much. It's completely ruined the guild dynamic for me.

I find myself checking in less and less and am putting my bldgs on 24 hr so I only have to come in once a day and it's really only a matter of time before I drift away completely. ;(

DeletedUser16163

The concept is sound. However, I would like to see the option to leave the conversation taken away from the individual and only Guild Leaders able to remove a player from a thread. Example: Player moves to another Guild. Also, Leaders should be able to add a new player to a thread.
If a thread has no meaning for you; you notify a Leader and request they remove you from it. Example: You are in Modern Era and have no EMA troops. You probably don't care about a Thread for EMA GvG.

Resipsa2

If the concept is sound, then players should have the right to remove themselves from the conversation, just as they do from the Guild; however, it should not be at the burden of the entire guild - constantly being bombarded with 'left the conversion' - to the point that fighters and members quit talking and eventually use it as a final factor to quit FOE. ALSO i rarely hear anything about how the New Message System took out the copy and paste option of putting multi-players from multi-guilds (i have old thread w/over 80+ players from 6 guilds) and makes it nearly impossible to message a myriad of multi-inter-guild players

DeletedUser11609

The concept is sound. However, I would like to see the option to leave the conversation taken away from the individual and only Guild Leaders able to remove a player from a thread. Example: Player moves to another Guild. Also, Leaders should be able to add a new player to a thread.
If a thread has no meaning for you; you notify a Leader and request they remove you from it. Example: You are in Modern Era and have no EMA troops. You probably don't care about a Thread for EMA GvG.

There is absolutely no reason a player shouldn't be able to leave a thread, it's the implementation that is the issue.

DeletedUser16163

There is a difference between "Leaving a conversation" and deleting a thread.
If you like a clean inbox; you delete threads you have read. If someone responses to that thread, it reappears in your inbox.
However, the new "Leave the Conversation" option removes you as an addressee. If your Guild has a thread for Motivating/Polishing; and you leave the conversation, if you are in need of some polish you must send out a new message. Now there are two M/P threads.
Also, I don't think anyone cares for the fact that when someone leaves a conversation, it appears as a new message for all.
I know it was created due to some Guilds not starting new threads when a player left their guild. The departed players got tired of continually deleting a thread that didn't apply to them and complained to Innogames. This was their fix. It just needs a few adjustments.
Plus I've noticed that for those people that lack all social skills love coming into the forum and slamming anyone that says anything about anything because it makes them feel big. So have fun with this one.

DeletedUser10517

Inno.....quite on the ball with listening to your players, and paying customers............not a single issue has been dealt with.

DeletedUser10415

Inno Games,

We would like to hear what you have to say about our feedback to Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your FoE Source Of Income

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3556

I like that messaging is finally available for mobile. I know that you're already aware of the problems and complaints of the current new messaging system and so I'm looking forward to the future patch that will begin to address them.