• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser17759

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was due to a deal deadline with the mobile phone company(s). They (Inno) may have figured it's better to roll it out (because it works well on the phone?) anyway, and deal with the browser users in a later patch.

You might have something there. If they are currently outsourcing their development on mobile, they can't constantly change the specs if it is not in the contract. (maybe budget issues)

DeletedUser23094

apokalypz has left the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

apokalypz left the conversation.

DeletedUser16869

Communication in my guild has come to a stand still. Way to go INNO.

My guild has removed guild mailing rights from pretty much everyone because every time someone created an unofficial thread that thread would keep getting bumped to the top with 'x left the conversation'

DeletedUser23094

Implementing messaging for mobile was a great idea, but you have screwed up browser messaging so bad its almost funny. Seriously, revert browser back to the old system, most websites have their own mobile version of websites that are different from PC/Mac browsers, it can't be that hard to make some sacrifices to make the 2 versions different yet still compatible. This new system looks too much like a text message chain and you're making communication more difficult than it has to be.

DeletedUser23499

Not user friendly at all, and need a complete rework already. It is useful to have mobile access but at what cost!!!! Its already driven me insane...

.... has left the conversation.... urg!!!

DeletedUser9433

I doubt it was because of a deal, but who knows. My guess would be they wanted to implement the new message system. Then they basically ran out of time. The developers were inept. In order to push the Columbus event update, they had to push the message system update too. Now they can not go back without shutting down the event. So they can not roll back and they seem to have no idea how to fix the issues.

I agree that the Devs were/are inept. I suspect the best Devs were moved to new projects and here in FOE we were left with the dregs of society, after all it is nearly impossible to fire someone in Germany leaving very little incentive for pride in ones' work or striving for excellence. Perhaps we will get lucky and some of the VW engineers will resign and end up at Inno, those guys know how to program! :)

lemonwedgie

So ... I hear that the next changelog will STILL have leave conversation but will NOT bump the message to the top when someone leaves. But no sign of a delete button????

Less clutter but not a great move. Now we will not know if someone has left a conversation so using an existing thread won't work because it may not be going out to everyone :-/ *sigh*

burnn1

besides fixing the left conversation spam issue, it has become more difficult to send new messages to a fixed list.

I have my lists saved in a txt file - say members of a GB FP club that needs a new message every day. I used to cut/paste the list of members. It appears I can no longer do this.

I would like to get this functionality back.

or better yet, let me name/save/edit a distribution list for reuse

DeletedUser10102

please bring the old messaging system back.
1. its unreadable. Not everyone who plays is young. Us older folk with vision problems- who are retired and play the game a lot - well-you just lost a bunch of good people.
2. you have read a message to delete it.
3. you have to read a message to figure out what it is.
4. there is no title.
5. who care's who leaves the message - do I really want to know? NO! anonymity is a wonderful thing. Its useless and adds dozens of lines to the useless email trail
6. you cant tell who wrote the message-it in microprint on the side.
i could go on but others have also said the same.

DeletedUser10528

I was going to spend $19.99 for diamonds today to support the Columbus day quest but after reading your message I decided I would not. Why reward a game I may soon have to leave because the developers have wrecked it?

Keep the Boycott alive! They deleted my thread asking for everyone to boycott purchases, but i'm glad to see the boycott lives on! Thanks for not supporting this madness!

DeletedUser8044

I wouldn't be opposed to this new system if the left conversation notification wouldn't bump the message up. I also like to be able to copy/paste a list of recipients from a word document. Everything else is tolerable.

DeletedUser17347

So google was updating their code Friday, they crashed several of their apps and google drive. Within hours, they had everything fixed (they know how to roll back updates) and they said "Sorry"

DeletedUser2988

Never, ever, ever expect Inno to admit to a mistake. This new message system is an absolute joke. Just one more colossal mistake they have forced upon us without proper testing and feedback on the Beta server. Great job once again.

DeletedUser10517

besides fixing the left conversation spam issue, it has become more difficult to send new messages to a fixed list.

I have my lists saved in a txt file - say members of a GB FP club that needs a new message every day. I used to cut/paste the list of members. It appears I can no longer do this.

I would like to get this functionality back.

or better yet, let me name/save/edit a distribution list for reuse

I do the same thing, more or less.
I just leave the names of the recipients at the bottom of each opening post, and then when it comes to restarting the thread, I can just copy and paste easily from the old message.

Now I have to tick all those I want to REMOVE from the list...........what a dreadful waste of time!!

- - - Updated - - -

Keep the Boycott alive! They deleted my thread asking for everyone to boycott purchases, but i'm glad to see the boycott lives on! Thanks for not supporting this madness!

Im down to my last 400 or so diamonds and will NOT be buying any more until they put the old system back in.

DeletedUser8796

Actually i'l admit i am glad inno tried however.... this "update" has made messages basically useless and killed communication for everyone. I say remove this new message update put it back to the better previous version and try again with making a mail system that fits the need of the players.

DeletedUser17347

Shady - That is what the beta server is for. I agree the game has to keep improving and changing.

However, Inno does not care about the player experience. Kabam tried the same approach and killed several games... The ones that last the longest actually listen to the players who are playing. It is sad.
I was playing in three worlds, spending diamonds, etc...
Now I am down to two worlds. When I asked them to delete one world, they did not even care. Did not ask why or try to fix the issue. I will be shutting down another world at the end of next week, if Inno does what they normally do.... Nothing.

lemonwedgie

Inno were asked by its players to improve the message system. I don't recall anywhere anyone ever asking for a completely new and different message system. But thats what they submitted to BETA ... and BETA players tested it. Their feedback was not positive and yet ... here we are.

At the end of the day, whether players are paying (diamonds) or not we are all customers - the success of this game is down to whether those customers are happy, if they are happy they embrace and encourage new players, they spread the word to friends, and will consider spending money whether it be a one off $20 or a regular monthly spend.