• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser13360

Inno were asked by its players to improve the message system. I don't recall anywhere anyone ever asking for a completely new and different message system. But thats what they submitted to BETA ... and BETA players tested it. Their feedback was not positive and yet ... here we are.

At the end of the day, whether players are paying (diamonds) or not we are all customers - the success of this game is down to whether those customers are happy, if they are happy they embrace and encourage new players, they spread the word to friends, and will consider spending money whether it be a one off $20 or a regular monthly spend.

Any company that refuses to listen to its customers and remedy issues is doomed to fail.

DeletedUser7292

In Beta I am in a smaller guild and the messages weren't a big problem. However in the real worlds I am in MUCH larger guilds and this repeat of who left the conversation gets tedious. I really miss the delete button. Also I couldn't understand why if they give you the option to leave, why not the ability to add someone. Instead of having to recreate an endless thread, the ability to add a new player would be great.

DeletedUser15855

I've already stopped using the in-game messenger system. Sadly, that means I'm not communicating with anyone. So, that means before long I'll just stop playing. I came to Inno because Kabam threw out a crappy product that basically was the opposite of what all their customers wanted. They also seemed to do no testing. When I came here it was much better. Sadly, that has changed. I've left one company, I'll leave another. I see many of my guild-mates doing the same. Funny how a company will shoot itself in the foot to save it's ego.

DeletedUser17347

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

After 28 pages of comments, This is the one that upsets me the most. It is obvious you don't want to hear anything.

DeletedUser

I am so excited about the new message system. For me, a mobile phone player who has only logged in in a browser a handful of times, it's a huge improvement over the absence of any means of communication. However, the times I've logged in in a browser, I've found the message system to be extremely confusing. I don't understand how it works (the new or the old). Either make it just a forum or make it messaging. It seems like it's downfall is trying to cover both bases.

I also think just providing a more fully featured chat system instead of this messaging business would be great. I feel like there's no way to chat and learn more about the game by talking to my guild mates. The messaging system seems too complicated and it's not set up to be a 'chat' so it's harder/slower to just talk about little things. The actual chat found on a browser is small and cumbersome and I'm not sure why no one ever uses the Guild or Neighborhood chat but they don't.

Overall it seems like this game is suffering from an identity crisis. It wants to be a mobile game but the features just aren't there. The messaging can't decide if it's a forum or mail. Most of the game feels like it was designed 10-15 years ago and never updated. Everything is so cumbersome. I've been a mobile player of this game for several months now and in that time the lack of substantial updates is very striking. With the volume of commercials for this game on tv, they must be spending a ton of money on marketing but why is dev so underwhelming? You market a game as mobile, you better make it mobile pretty damn quick. How sad is it that the biggest improvement in all these months is that mobile users can now message? What about chat? or GvG? or joining/leaving guilds? or making friends? Or an events list that is both not laggy but goes back at least a day?

Either this game is on the bottom of list of Innogames priorities or the devs just don't really care. Back in the day I played the first world of Tribal Wars. I had a great experience there with Innogames. When I saw Forge was by the same people I thought it would be great too. But so far it's a disappointment. Just open up Age of Empires or Empire: Rome Rising and see all the basic features that have become standard for mobile empire building games that are just completely missing here.

tl;dr
Great, mobile users can message and events list isn't slow(tho it is severely truncated). But it's too little too late after all these months I've been playing. Scrap the messaging completely and implement a performant, fully featured chat system. Implement the rest of the game's features into the mobile version too! Play one of the competition's games for a couple days and see all the standard features that are missing in this game for mobile users.

DignDevour

Leave function is Flooding everyone's Mailboxes

It's ok to have the Leave function, but when you repost a message every single time someone leaves a conversation, it floods the mail system to the point where no one reads their messages anymore. I play beta; I saw the negative feedback on the Leave function; why hasn't this been fixed?

Most players could care less when someone leaves an email thread from a message sent in Aug, but if 1 person from your 60+ man guild decides to 'leave' that message, it gets re-posted as if it's a new message.

Please correct this irritating flaw to an otherwise great game! Thanks! Dign

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser17759

Today, I saw a "sale" (on the Android platform only, not PC) of extra rogues' dens for buying diamonds. I guess they want us to buy diamonds for a "job well done".

DeletedUser17347

trying to makeup for sales being down? perhaps. However, I doubt they care.

DeletedUser10131

On the bright side they have freed up a bunch of my time. I log on to collect then log back off.

The fact that after all the feedback they still refuse to respond tells us they don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7289

It's gotten ridiculous...I have members leaving the game, my guild's communication has fallen apart, and I no longer enjoy playing. INNO, this was a really, really stupid move, and one you can easily fix. 'Leave' should NOT be a 'reply' on all inboxes. Seems fairly simple.

DeletedUser13360

Communication has all but come to a standstill. This is indeed ridiculous, that INNO insists on moving forward with this atrocious system. 75% of the players on each server were inactive prior to the change. I wonder what that figure is now.

DeletedUser10517

Something else Ive found that is annoying with the new system.

Im trying to start a new thread with one member....but no matter which way I hit 'Message', it brings up an existing thread between me and that member......

I dont want this particular communication on the same thread.....I want separate threads.

Ridiculous!!...Ive had enough of it.

DeletedUser17798

This is the biggest downgrade I have ever seen in the year and a half I've been playing FoE. The update has had exactly opposite the desired effect in making players more, not less dependent on desktop computers and has really crippled the game IMO. This is the kind of thing that can really challenge customer's loyalty without responsiveness and a quick fix.

The loss of functionality is horrible as previously you could motivate/polish those who mo/po'd you going back 5 days from the log in mobile, now it's only 12 hrs. My buildings that previously were almost always enthusiastic on all my worlds have deteriorated to simply happy or even unhappy as most guildies/friends/neighbors don't take the time to sit down on the computer to do that which could previously be done on the mobile.

The messaging system - what can one say? The outbox is gone and now the message previews are gone too and replaced with spam announcements about all these people leaving the conversation (who the heck cares?) and we can't even see what it was about without clicking separately on the message now.

I don't understand the thought process here at all. Presumably there should have been some testing on beta before this was rolled out, but, that wasn't the case as beta lost functionality at the same time as the other servers. Not sure why beta exists if it isn't being used to test big changes like this to get feedback before being rolled out everywhere.

DeletedUser8152

I don't understand the thought process here at all. Presumably there should have been some testing on beta before this was rolled out, but, that wasn't the case as beta lost functionality at the same time as the other servers. Not sure why beta exists if it isn't being used to test big changes like this to get feedback before being rolled out everywhere.
No, it was present on beta for several weeks before the main rollout. And the beta people complained aggressively. I assume there is some reason the issue wasn't dealt with then, but I don't know the details.

DeletedUser9732

No, it was present on beta for several weeks before the main rollout. And the beta people complained aggressively. I assume there is some reason the issue wasn't dealt with then, but I don't know the details.

My guess is that the update also had the Columbus event, and getting that out on time took precedence over releasing a working update.

As to the messaging failure - guild messaging has come to a stand-still over the past week, with everything being cluttered and nigh unreadable. Guilds will fall apart over this, I wouldn't be surprised if some already have.

edit: I also have the burning desire to go back to ancient threads on the forum and 'leave' them in protest, but I know that would probably be flagged as spam and probably get me banned. Ironic really.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

edit: I also have the burning desire to go back to ancient threads on the forum and 'leave' them in protest, but I know that would probably be flagged as spam and probably get me banned. Ironic really.
You are correct. And you would only be annoying people who are already suffering...

DeletedUser9732

And yet Inno didn't see the whole 'leaving message' thing as an issue. I can't even comprehend that.

DeletedUser11609

And yet Inno didn't see the whole 'leaving message' thing as an issue. I can't even comprehend that.

Inno believes it's changes are in it's best interest, no matter what the feedback. Clearly they believe they can fleece more from mobile users playing a half-finished game. (Android only diamond sale yesterday).
Personally I think they will simply shoot themselves in the foot with this one, once the mobile users start talking to players and find out how things really are, they may stop playing as well. Far too many high level players on my server have gone dark, and I have a harder time logging on to collect each day. Inno started this slide to boredom when they removed NPC damage, and every change they make just seems to make the game worse. They did finally fix the social bar, that they broke 6 months ago, but it hardly makes up for all the absurd, poorly planned changes.