• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback Mobile Chat

jorgedetaco

Its horrible. It seriously depresses me to see how many people have theyre self worth tied directly to this game. Ive seen desperate cries for attention. Political trolling. Just useless name calling. The core group that were pc are mad there private line was invaded. These people are on what seems 24/7 and still use words like noobs. I have to wonder how horrible their health is from sitting around in front of a pc all day. What could be a useful learning tool for new people is derailed by these self professed pros. It makes me sad because its grown men and women lashing out with the same immature angst I remember from high school. Ive also had to use ignore function for first time ever. Started getting pmed just random off the wall crap back to back. All of this in 2 days. When a question is asked I try to answer if possible. I dont try to sell goods or advertise for a guild. None of this. On pc its a much smaller portion of the screen. I would like a way to make it hidden. Since it prob won't change, I would caution new users to not engage any trolling or name calling. Remember we are back in high school here. The name of the game is get you fired up, then run and tell on you to get you banned from the chat. And be very cautious of awesome deals for goods. Ill end with its heading for a bunch of bans anyway. I just want a way to hide the button. Ive considered putting a piece of black tape on my screen.

Plain Red Justice

It's not the game's fault that you can't use the benefits of a global chat. You can only perceive the bad sides of it because that's the only thing you're capable of doing

Trycerlon

"Noob" is listed in the Game Rules as being acceptable.
You also do not need to open the chat if you do not want to, it is a button to open, its not always on the screen.

Global chat is worthless because of the child-like behavior being displayed. I had always thought that INNO monitored the chat for the profanity and threats against other players but that's obviously not the case otherwise there would have been at least 100+ banned in C world this week. Doesn't matter to me really because I just never click the button to open it. Keyboard warriors are just that, a point I have proven in the real world many times much to their displeasure. I do support the idea that would grant the player the option as to which of the chats is the default.

jorgedetaco

It's not the game's fault that you can't use the benefits of a global chat. You can only perceive the bad sides of it because that's the only thing you're capable of doing
I'd like to know how to perceive name calling as a plus. I looked for the positives and all I found was what i described. IN 48 HRS! And I wasn't referring to noob as inappropriate. I was painting a picture. Anybody who uses that is at least 35yrs old. So I know im not dealing with kids. I would like to opt out. And since guild uses for gvg ignore is a little harder. If i can't ignore sooner or later I'll just devote time to ruining the little clubhouse. Seeing as im just supposed to deal with insults so people can have there own little chatline.

Agent327

I'd like to know how to perceive name calling as a plus. I looked for the positives and all I found was what i described. IN 48 HRS! And I wasn't referring to noob as inappropriate. I was painting a picture. Anybody who uses that is at least 35yrs old. So I know im not dealing with kids. I would like to opt out. And since guild uses for gvg ignore is a little harder. If i can't ignore sooner or later I'll just devote time to ruining the little clubhouse. Seeing as im just supposed to deal with insults so people can have there own little chatline.

You have the option to report anybody that is breaking the rules.

jorgedetaco

The problem being im not a informant in real life so im not starting here. Theres no such thing as a secret snitch. It comes out. Based on timestamps, im 99.9% sure who the informant was for my post. Its really sad when you need other people to stand up for you. I wonder of all the things that need improvement why inno would devote more server power for something that is minorly useful for a few.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lannister the Rich

Haha.. all you mobile players will soon find out how utterly USELESS global chat is. It is 99% noob-nerds blabbing about irrelevance. (If you look up the cities of the global chatters, they will be almost all in bronze age)
the 1% is someone advertising goods deals, but it is instantly covered up by fluff, so you never see it.
enjoy!
I disagree, in my experience it follows this formula:
3% - advertising for guilds or requesting goods deals
5% - "new" people, which are often clearly alternate accounts for experienced players on the same world
92% - the absolute most toxic trash talk you've ever seen outside reddit

But that's H-world, I'm sure other worlds are different.

Thrash Goblin

#Feedback about the new chat features on FOE mobile.
I love this idea, I think it opens players up to getting to know one another. Grant that's not always positive, lol. I would love to see a chat option available for your friends list.

If you do not like what a player is saying in chat, does choosing to click ignore on a player effect seeing them in the chat box?

Salsuero

"In contrary to the chat on our browser version it is not possible to have whisper chats on mobile. You can still receive those messages though and look them up on the browser version."

Great. So you have no idea if someone is mobile unless you ask them... which means now you have to take an extra step just to do so. Lovely. Not that I even look at chat anymore... haven't for over a year at least... because it's almost all trash talk and bile. Usually the same characters that will once in a while receive a stern warning, possibly even an account suspension, but will always go right back to it soon enough. And now mobile players can join in! Yay!!!

Kallikrates

But regarding the auto-collect feature, it would be great if that could be considered for the mobile version in future coz its a simple and unobtrusive enough feature but is extremely useful and really changes the gameplay.

That was fast! Thank you so much, Inno!

El Frederico

Interesting that many above seem to regard Global Chat as nonsense talk, yet I would classify much of the talk above the same. I understand folks just want to vent and be heard, but it’s kinda like the kettle calling the pot black.

The Lady Redneck

I find global chat can be humorous to lurk in occasionally. To listen to the whiners wail about who is ruining the game. But appart from that there is little to no serious input concerning the game. Great for those who would like the game to be turned into a auto do all kind of thing, so they have more time for mindless meanderings.

Salsuero

Interesting that many above seem to regard Global Chat as nonsense talk, yet I would classify much of the talk above the same.

You must not spend much time there or perhaps your world just has a different global chat, but ours regularly features disgusting and bigoted speech towards others far behind simple trash-talking. It's usually the same players and no matter how many times Inno suspends them... they just keep coming back. So no -- not the same thing.