• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fellowship Event Feedback

DreadfulCadillac

I just spent 2.1K rations, trying to get the DS (my switched DS was Knights Pavilion.). You'd think I would have gotten at least 1 or 2 DS, right? WRONG! I got zero. What the heck inno!?! My luck is usually pretty decent in your events... I guess not this time though. I even spent 150 diamonds for the ultimate hero...

Last edited:

AyeMatey

I love playin' board games. Even though this event is a video game, it's designed to appear as a board game. And like board games, sometimes you need to tweak the rules a wee bit, especially when playin' Monopoly. Here is what I think can be improved in events of this type.

1. Gain a humungous amount of Total Population. Because of this quest, I had to decrease my military to gain population. Lower the frequency of this quest appearing and the total population needed to complete this quest. In the Virtual Future I had to gain over 32,000 Population. Too much.

2. Defeat a huge amount of Units or Solve a complex negotiation. In my opinion, many of us have no choice but to defeat Units. Because I had to decrease my military to gain population from a prior quest, my military was almost non-existent. I fought battles with 1 Sentinel, 1 Ronin Bot and 6 Rogues which helped me win a few battles. Then...

3. Gain an outrageous amount of Happiness. I could not build up my military yet because now I had to place Virtual Future Culture buildings, and wait about 15 hours to complete this quest. This quest can be improved by adding a nice 2-letter word - "OR." After leaving the game (to play another game and do my chores),
I was able to complete one quest and then had to demolish and rebuild Virtual Future Cultural buildings again. Ugh! Another 15 hours to wait to complete this quest so I left the game to have fun elsewhere.

Nice to see Quest 24 put that word "OR" in the quest. I was so happy to see I didn't have to gain happiness again. Then... in Quest 26, you guessed it, you have to complete another Gain an enormous amount of Happiness quest.

I'm guessing this is the way the game devs slow us down from completing too many quests too fast. If you're still hanging in there tryin' to complete this Event, there will be more quests to slow us down: Build culture buildings and Gain Total Population.

This Event, in my opinion, is not enjoyable to work on. I just hope the Main prize gives me the happiness I had to gain completing quests.

Lothar123

2. Defeat a huge amount of Units or Solve a complex negotiation. In my opinion, many of us have no choice but to defeat Units. Because I had to decrease my military to gain population from a prior quest, my military was almost non-existent. I fought battles with 1 Sentinel, 1 Ronin Bot and 6 Rogues which helped me win a few battles. Then...

3. Gain an outrageous amount of Happiness. I could not build up my military yet because now I had to place Virtual Future Culture buildings, and wait about 15 hours to complete this quest. This quest can be improved by adding a nice 2-letter word - "OR." After leaving the game (to play another game and do my chores),
I was able to complete one quest and then had to demolish and rebuild Virtual Future Cultural buildings again. Ugh! Another 15 hours to wait to complete this quest so I left the game to have fun elsewhere.
On (2), build and level an Alcatraz. Once it reaches a decent level, you won't be able to fight enough to run out of troops.

On (3), build decos, sell them, and repeat until you've satisfied the quest.

DreadfulCadillac

I love playin' board games. Even though this event is a video game, it's designed to appear as a board game. And like board games, sometimes you need to tweak the rules a wee bit, especially when playin' Monopoly. Here is what I think can be improved in events of this type.

1. Gain a humungous amount of Total Population. Because of this quest, I had to decrease my military to gain population. Lower the frequency of this quest appearing and the total population needed to complete this quest. In the Virtual Future I had to gain over 32,000 Population. Too much.

Nice to see Quest 24 put that word "OR" in the quest. I was so happy to see I didn't have to gain happiness again. Then... in Quest 26, you guessed it, you have to complete another Gain an enormous amount of Happiness quest.

I'm guessing this is the way the game devs slow us down from completing too many quests too fast. If you're still hanging in there tryin' to complete this Event, there will be more quests to slow us down: Build culture buildings and Gain Total Population.

This Event, in my opinion, is not enjoyable to work on. I just hope the Main prize gives me the happiness I had to gain completing quests.
1. Just add and delete military buildings over and over, each time you delete a building you gain population because they are all unemployed now
2. Eh, doing either or isn't that hard for a mid-game city
3. replace all your roads with the roads from the last era, then bump them all up back to your era's roads. that will give you a ton of happiness. or, alternatively, add and delete decorations until you get to the required amount of happiness

AyeMatey

Thank you DreadfulCadillac and Ebeondi Asi for your advice. One quick question. The roads I have are for the current era I'm in. So gaining happiness from building roads will only work if you have roads from the last era. That's good to know. Why didn't I think of that? Ugh! When I advance to the the next era, I'll keep the roads from the previous era to help in the Gain Happiness quests. Thanks again mateys.

Johnny B. Goode

Build and delete the Warrior Monks School 4 times (in a 3x3 space) and that will fulfill this requirement.
Defeat units is easy. GE, GBG, PVP Arena, GvG. Take your pick. Easiest is probably GvG. Just pick a Future Era map sector and hit it with 1 Hover/7 Rogues repeatedly.
One Store Building item can take care of this if you have an event building that provides all or most of the Happiness required. Just after you collect, store it and then rebuild it on the same spot immediately. Costs you no production time. If there is a little Happiness left over to get, build a VF deco as many times as it takes.

In short, all three are easy peasy.

Ebeondi Asi

Thank you DreadfulCadillac and Ebeondi Asi for your advice. One quick question. The roads I have are for the current era I'm in. So gaining happiness from building roads will only work if you have roads from the last era. That's good to know. Why didn't I think of that? Ugh! When I advance to the the next era, I'll keep the roads from the previous era to help in the Gain Happiness quests. Thanks again mateys.
Generally I build new roads in an empty space and delete them right after, build more, delete. Repeating until have the total amount of Happiness needed saved up. Deleting does not lose happiness for the Quest. Only gaining adds. So all good.
This method would be bad for players who have few Coins or few Supplies saved up.. But I have billions... so zero problem wasting some.

AyeMatey

Build and delete the Warrior Monks School 4 times (in a 3x3 space) and that will fulfill this requirement.
Excellent advice. I would have to spend over 3 million to build and delete the Warrior Monks School and then have to retrain the troops but I can’t think of a better solution to completing the Gain Population quests. I just need to make sure I have millions of supplies to pay for these repetitive quests.

I agree, defeating units is easy but I hardly had a military left from decreasing my military to gain population from a prior quest. If I had followed your advice and just build and delete Warrior Monks School, battles would be easier because I wouldn’t have a shortage of troops.

Wish I had Store buildings because that’s what I usually do to Gain Happiness. The only space I have in my city is where my military buildings are. So to gain 35,000 Happiness over and over again means I would have to demolish my military buildings and place culture buildings in their space. I’ll just stop putting my military buildings back until I complete Quest 36 because I need the space to build 2 Virtual Future culture buildings.

Thanks to DreadfulCadillac and Ebeondi Asi advice, when I advance to the next era, I'll keep the roads from the previous era and upgrade them to my current era to help in the Gain Happiness quests.

I still think this Event would be easy peasy if the frequency of repetitive quests and the amounts for defeating units, total population and happiness were lower.

Sharmon the Impaler

Happiness - delete roads and rebuild or do this with all those useless happiness buildings in GE.
Population, supplies , coins - military buildings , build and delete until quest is met
Supplies will not be a problem at all with GbG , it gives tons of them.

AyeMatey

Generally I build new roads in an empty space and delete them right after, build more, delete. Repeating until have the total amount of Happiness needed saved up. Deleting does not lose happiness for the Quest. Only gaining adds. So all good.
This method would be bad for players who have few Coins or few Supplies saved up.. But I have billions... so zero problem wasting some.
I always thought if you have roads from your current era and delete and rebuild them, you don't gain any happiness, you get back the same amount of happiness you had before you deleted them. You would have to have roads from a previous era then delete them and place roads from your current era to gain happiness.

Sharmon the Impaler

I always thought if you have roads from your current era and delete and rebuild them, you don't gain any happiness, you get back the same amount of happiness you had before you deleted them. You would have to have roads from a previous era then delete them and place roads from your current era to gain happiness.
If you delete a road and then rebuild it the happiness gained stays. Erase a group of roads at a time and be mindful of the enormous amount of supplies and coins this will use , it adds up quickly.

Johnny B. Goode

Excellent advice. I would have to spend over 3 million to build and delete the Warrior Monks School and then have to retrain the troops but I can’t think of a better solution to completing the Gain Population quests. I just need to make sure I have millions of supplies to pay for these repetitive quests.
A) You don't build it all the way, just lay the foundation in an empty 3x3 space and delete it immediately. Rinse and repeat to fulfill the quest.
B) If you don't have literally hundreds of millions (at least) of coins and supplies by VF, then you've done something wrong.
I agree, defeating units is easy but I hardly had a military left from decreasing my military to gain population from a prior quest. If I had followed your advice and just build and delete Warrior Monks School, battles would be easier because I wouldn’t have a shortage of troops.
C) You're in VF and don't have a Traz?!?
Wish I had Store buildings because that’s what I usually do to Gain Happiness. The only space I have in my city is where my military buildings are. So to gain 35,000 Happiness over and over again means I would have to demolish my military buildings and place culture buildings in their space. I’ll just stop putting my military buildings back until I complete Quest 36 because I need the space to build 2 Virtual Future culture buildings.
D) You're in VF and don't have Store Buildings?!?
Thanks to DreadfulCadillac and Ebeondi Asi advice, when I advance to the next era, I'll keep the roads from the previous era and upgrade them to my current era to help in the Gain Happiness quests.
E) Doing this makes sense, except that you only can do it once per era. Plus, the "delete and rebuild" roads is a pain in the butt, and also more expensive than using a Store Building on an event building.
F) You lose the Happiness when you delete the roads, then you gain Happiness when you rebuild them. For quest purposes this is a gain of the total amount of Happiness provided by the rebuilt roads. You end up with the same amount of Happiness, but fulfill the quest in the process. But, as I said, it's a pain in the butt and expensive.

AyeMatey

It is entertaining to read some complaints. "it is clone".. who cares? Are you a paying customer? Probably not. I am a 'paying customer'... and I am satisfied .The movement is crude and stilted, but it makes me laugh actually..
If players had to pay say twenty Diamonds per negative post... LOL How many complaints would remain? A lot less. (I should make that a suggestion !!! To post a complaint, whine or negative comment costs 20 Diamonds at the judgement of the moderator, to be deducted from you game account. naturally negative amounts would be allowed, However more than 100 negative Diamonds owed for thirty days, your account would be suspended... Hah .)
Lucky I am not the owner... i would start this immediately. I can imagine the howls if it were initiated.
Not only howls, players would go on a rampage and leave the game. The animations in this Event make me laugh too. The horse hoppin'. I don't think I've ever seen a horse hop. Re complaints, John Lydgate once said, "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Ebeondi Asi

The plus of adding roads then deleting is they are instant. Any building aside from Diamond made takes a lot of time. or costs diamonds to level instantly. I have zero inerest in wating hours.... i do the roads. under a minute 35,000 happy done.

AyeMatey

If you don't have literally hundreds of millions (at least) of coins and supplies by VF, then you've done something wrong.
Aye, I think what I've done wrong is play some of these Events. They're very draining on your city's resources. Some Events I've skipped because of all the repetitious quests.