• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Feudal Japan. We're looking forward to your feedback! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser35550

Definitely better than the Viking village, especially the merchant - I actually play through instead of collecting the 75 - 100 extra goods a week

DeletedUser40747

I think it would be great if we were allowed to choose whether to finish the Viking series before starting the Japanese one: many players still miss a lot of Yggdrasil upgrades and emissaries from that series: it would be a pity not to be able to get them. Moreover we did not suspect that there would be a time limitation for doing it. Thank you!

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Feudal Japan. We're looking forward to your feedback! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser37581

I think it would be great if we were allowed to choose whether to finish the Viking series before starting the Japanese one: many players still miss a lot of Yggdrasil upgrades and emissaries from that series: it would be a pity not to be able to get them. Moreover we did not suspect that there would be a time limitation for doing it. Thank you!
There is nothing stopping you from playing the Vikings if that is what you wish to do. When it is time to start a new settlement, you will have the choice of starting either the Vikings or the Japanese.

DeletedUser36029

Whatever happened with Egypt? That was the first one I thought was supposed to be next.

Zatrikon

Yeah, I've been looking forward to Egypt. It seems Inno is really into all things Japanese - both Contemporary Era and Virtual Future are strongly Japanese-themed. As are some of the events and event buildings - Pagoda, Cherry Garden.

OTOH, I don't recall anything at all in this game that was Egyptian-themed. And there are plenty of other interesting historical cultures that could be used and haven't yet been touched upon by this game: Celts, Chinese, Mali, Minoan, Babylonian/Sumerian, Greek, Turks, Arabs, Aztec/Mayan/Incan/etc.

Super Catanian

OTOH, I don't recall anything at all in this game that was Egyptian-themed. And there are plenty of other interesting historical cultures that could be used and haven't yet been touched upon by this game: Celts, Chinese, Mali, Minoan, Babylonian/Sumerian, Greek, Turks, Arabs, Aztec/Mayan/Incan/etc.
The Lighthouse of Alexandria is in Egypt (during the times of Alexander the Great), but I have a feeling you're referring to Ancient Egypt and the times of the Pharaohs (pyramids, mummies, etc.).
I could have sworn that the Oracle of Delphi was based on Greek or at least Greco-Roman architecture and deities. The city of Delphi itself is in Greece.
The entire Guild Expedition has a Mesoamerican theme, and it is reflected in the Temple of Relics (which has a Mayan calendar that you can also find at the front of a 10 MXN coin).
The Contemporary Era map has an Arabic feel (although not ancient, I'll give you that).
You also forgot to mention the great empire that was Zimbabwe, although you did mention Mali.
Finally, the Tower of Babel was located where ancient Babylon would emerge from.

DeletedUser36100

I assume you have to have the Emissaries unlocked by moving past that specific research at the end of Iron Age?

DeletedUser30791

I assume you have to have the Emissaries unlocked by moving past that specific research at the end of Iron Age?
You need plowing to unlock cultural settlements. Once you've unlocked cultural settlements, you can get emissaries.

Zatrikon

The Lighthouse of Alexandria is in Egypt (during the times of Alexander the Great), but I have a feeling you're referring to Ancient Egypt and the times of the Pharaohs (pyramids, mummies, etc.).
I could have sworn that the Oracle of Delphi was based on Greek or at least Greco-Roman architecture and deities. The city of Delphi itself is in Greece.
The entire Guild Expedition has a Mesoamerican theme, and it is reflected in the Temple of Relics (which has a Mayan calendar that you can also find at the front of a 10 MXN coin).
The Contemporary Era map has an Arabic feel (although not ancient, I'll give you that).
You also forgot to mention the great empire that was Zimbabwe, although you did mention Mali.
Finally, the Tower of Babel was located where ancient Babylon would emerge from.
Right. The Lighthouse was really Roman, and the Iron Age is certainly Roman-themed. That's why I didn't include Roman as one of the untouched cultures.
Yes, the Oracle of Delphi was Greek. I forgot about that one.
The Temple of Relics vaguely looks like something Central American, but there is no specific reference to any actual ancient American culture. There is some reference to the Amerindians in the Colonial Age. But I don't see any Mayan Calendar on the ToR.
There's the Maharaja's Palace and Elephant Fountain, but nothing from earlier India than that.
Even some more specific European cultures would be interesting: the Gauls, the Huns, the Saxons, the Franks, etc.

Not that it's a big deal. I'll certainly do the Japanese settlement.

Salsuero

there are plenty of other interesting historical cultures that could be used and haven't yet been touched upon by this game: Celts, Chinese, Mali, Minoan, Babylonian/Sumerian, Greek, Turks, Arabs, Aztec/Mayan/Incan/etc.

So, do none of the Statue of Zeus, the Tholos of Idols, or the new Altar Garden count as Greek enough?

Also, the Terracotta Army isn't Chinese?

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Whatever happened with Egypt? That was the first one I thought was supposed to be next.

In one of the FB live event Inno designer mentioned that they have big plans for Egypt so it will take longer time to come up with it, so they switched around and they released Japanese first.

DeletedUser39730

When will the Japanese settlement be ready to start?? And will be able to bounce back and forth from settlements... Japanese to Vikings /Viki gs japanese... Ensuring we can finish all 16 in the Vikings??

BruteForceAttack

When will the Japanese settlement be ready to start?? And will be able to bounce back and forth from settlements... Japanese to Vikings /Viki gs japanese... Ensuring we can finish all 16 in the Vikings??

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feudal-japan.26554/#post-263426

"The second of our Cultural Settlements starts on July 10th, 2019! Help Akechi Mitsuhide to bring honor to his village in Feudal Japan. "

You can run only one settlement at a time, but if you get bored with doing vikings you can switch to Japanese and then back to Vikings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40191

There is nothing stopping you from playing the Vikings if that is what you wish to do. When it is time to start a new settlement, you will have the choice of starting either the Vikings or the Japanese.
I was a little worried with the wording of the announcment because it said before starting Japan you need to either finish Vikings or abandon settlement. It just didn't seem clear to me that "finish Vikings" means the entire sequence of the upgrade/emissary rounds or just the current settlement. I'm glad we can stay with Vikings because I about 2/3ds done and want all the upgrades.