• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40495

Not sure why we have what amounts to a duplicate emissary here. (2 of the Japanese emissaries are 1FP)

Still going to do it, but having 2 of the exact same impact emissaries seems...lazy
The FP producing emissaries are the best ones. I wouldn’t complain about getting an extra one if I were you ;)

qaccy

The FP producing emissaries are the best ones. I wouldn’t complain about getting an extra one if I were you ;)

I dunno about you, but I'm kind of getting tired of drowning in FP. I'd like to see more innovation that moves the game away from where it currently is in this regard. They could have done this with the Vikings emissary that produces a random unit of your age; instead, it could have produced a unique unit exclusive to it. I'm not saying this unit could or even should have been powerful, just that I'd like to see more new things rather than just dialing it in as much as possible.

DeletedUser27137

I don't know how many people feel about it the way I do, but, if it's the same as the vikings.. the minimal payout simply isn't worth the effort... I quit playing the viking for this reason and probably won't play the japanese for this reason..

DeletedUser33179

They're the "best ones" for your city, but please don't assume it's the best choice every time & for everyone - because it most definitely isn't. It's very doable to be exceedingly successful in this game without obsessively chasing fps.

DeletedUser40495

They're the "best ones" for your city, but please don't assume it's the best choice every time & for everyone - because it most definitely isn't. It's very doable to be exceedingly successful in this game without obsessively chasing fps.
I was stating my opinion in an attempt to help another forum member. Never assuming everyone would agree with me. You got a problem with that?

I hope not, because I believe that’s the purpose of a forum.

DeletedUser33179

I was stating my opinion. Never assuming everyone would agree with me. You got a problem with that?

I hope not, because I believe that’s the purpose of a forum.

If you were merely stating your opinion, I would've had zero issue with it. But, you went beyond that...

(Note: I added the coloring merely for discussion's sake).

Exactly why shouldn't that player "complain about" ;) having more then 1 emmissary which produces fps? It implies that you feel your opinion on the subject is correct & his isn't. That he shouldn't be bothering with giving such an opinion.

And if the purpose of a forum (especially feedback threads) is for giving your opinions, then why say that the player is "complaining"? You apparently want yourself viewed as merely... "state my opinion". Yet a expressed viewpoint contrary to your own you label as... "complain."

DeletedUser40495

I dunno about you, but I'm kind of getting tired of drowning in FP. I'd like to see more innovation that moves the game away from where it currently is in this regard. They could have done this with the Vikings emissary that produces a random unit of your age; instead, it could have produced a unique unit exclusive to it. I'm not saying this unit could or even should have been powerful, just that I'd like to see more new things rather than just dialing it in as much as possible.
I agree with you 100%, but if Inno is going to give me more FP, I won’t be the one to complain.

I love the military unit emissary idea, but it would be possibly a bit confusing to have a new unique unit for every age. Maybe it could be an age independent unit like a rouge, obviously with a special ability. Each settlement line could provide a new one. This would also spice up battles a bit, because battles with the same units over and over can get boring.

DeletedUser40495

It implies that you feel your opinion on the subject is correct & his isn’t.
Of course that’s how I feel. Everyone thinks their opinions are correct, obviously. No issue with that. If he has a different opinion, I won’t mind if he thinks his is correct. That’s what an opinion is isn’t it? Something you believe to be correct?

I addressed my comment to this statement:
Not sure why we have what amounts to a duplicate emissary here. (2 of the Japanese emissaries are 1FP)

Still going to do it, but having 2 of the exact same impact emissaries seems...lazy
This person never said that the FP emissary wasn’t the best one, they just said that they don’t like the fact that there are 2 of them. So I don’t even know if there there is a difference of opinion in that regard. So I didn’t really say his opinion was wrong, if that’s what you’re hinting at.

And even if I had, no problem with that. A forum is a place to discuss differences of opinion.

I simply stated my opinion that the FP producing emissary is the best one, and that complaining about the best emissary being offered multiple times doesn’t make sense to me.

And if the purpose of a forum (especially feedback threads) is for giving your opinions, then why say that the player is "complaining"?
Negative feedback is known as a “complaint”. Therefore if a player gives negative feedback (which that player was), they are complaining. Not an issue with this obviously, complaining in this thread (as long as it isn’t pointless whining :p), is acceptable obviously. It’s a feedback thread as you said. Never said he was complaining in a bad way. Never said he was whining or anything like that. I simply said that his complaint didn’t make sense, because, in my opinion, what emissary would you rather have than the FP one?

Jern2017

I do not play the Vikings because I played through the settlement quests once and found them boring and repetitive. I had hope for a more dynamic, fun Feudal Japan but it seems very similar to the Vikings (build, delete, build, delete...) apart from the merchant feature. I don't think I'll play through the Japanese once.

Good luck to everyone who will!

ODragon

I dunno about you, but I'm kind of getting tired of drowning in FP. I'd like to see more innovation that moves the game away from where it currently is in this regard.

Even if one is not drowning in FP, innovation would be nice.

%boost to coins produced in settlements
%boost to chance of 4x goods in settlement
Units produced and/or healed faster
Boost to continental map scouting speed
Random reward (ie, wishing well reward from town hall)
Attacker A and/or D boost
Defender A and/or D boost
Small (1-5%) boost to recurring quests a la CF.
Tavern coins or cost to use reduction

I can go on.... to an extent it seems like they want powercreep (fp in this game) and keep adding to it. It seems like giving other things that people might want would be good.

Personally, I would love to see if the emissary slots had limits to force change in style. IE, only one FP emissary allowed active in however many open emissary slots you have. Three single fp emissaries would become a council and it would become a 2 fp slot. This would force a reason to want more of them and have a way to actually make the duplicates more useful, especially for non-fp slots. What is the point of creating all these emissaris if really only 6 of them have value.

DeletedUser

My educated guess is that they realized that no one with any game experience would ever use the supply, coin or medal Emissaries, so they got rid of them and cut it down to 4 (from 6) and doubled up on the one they thought would be most popular.

DeletedUser40770

It looks like your abandoning the Viking. This move sucks. The Yggdrasil is a powerful building with a 30% attack boost at the final level. The Japan building looks mediocre at best. Why not design the game so we have the option to choose which settlement we can play. I want to get to the max on my Yggdrasil and I'm halfway there playing everyday. Please give people a option instead of a dictatorial approach.

Agent327

It seems like we'll never be able to access the Viking anymore. We should be able to switch between or ignore a settlement until we choose to go to it. The Yggdrasil can max out at 30% attack boost which is a powerful building. I'm halfway there and I play it everyday. I really hate that I have to abandon my efforts there for what looks like a mediocre building rewards. Why abandon a great quest for a poor one???

You are able to switch and can continue to do Vikings. Make sure you know how it works before you start complaining.

DeletedUser40770

You are able to switch and can continue to do Vikings. Make sure you know how it works before you start complaining.
Agent there is no mention of being able to switch in the brief description. If you could switch between games it would be pointed out since you could play both games each day. What they've presented is you can't play both and Viking is phased out on completion of the one your in.

DeletedUser37581

Agent there is no mention of being able to switch in the brief description. If you could switch between games it would be pointed out since you could play both games each day. What they've presented is you can't play both and Viking is phased out on completion of the one your in.
If you don't have a settlement running and you click on the boat, a settlement selection screen appears. If Vikings were going to disappear, there would be no need for the settlement selection screen. Don't worry, the Vikings are here to stay.

DeletedUser33179

I admit perhaps Inno could be a bit more concise in their info.

The facts are as follows:
- you can only have 1 settlement open - that is selected & physically playing it going thru the quests- at a time
- you can be actively working on all settlements, doing a single run through of one then switching to another Culture's single run through as much as you wish
- you can switch which Culture single run through to play via the main Settlements screen -- it shows up when you click the boat... Vikings is 1st one I see, but I can scroll thru all the other options using the artow button on the sides (it's bit small, don't know how foljs miss it ;) )
- once you complete a single run thtough of any settlement (or select "abandon" of a work-in-progress), you must wait minimum of 24 hours before you can start another one (irregardless of whether is same Culture or fifferent one).
- All cultural settlements will always be available-- only thing that changes is available Prizes for each run through, which is a set feature & won't be lost (you can get to them as slow or quick as you please)

DeletedUser33179

My educated guess is that they realized that no one with any game experience would ever use the supply, coin or medal Emissaries, so they got rid of them and cut it down to 4 (from 6) and doubled up on the one they thought would be most popular.

I like the medal emmissary. It's not hyperlevel Arc worthy in amount, but it does add up. Agree total about ones just giving some coins or supplies.

DeletedUser

I like the medal emmissary. It's not hyperlevel Arc worthy in amount, but it does add up. Agree total about ones just giving some coins or supplies.
Yes, if I had a slot and none of the FP/goods/units Emissaries, I wouldn't mind using the medals one. I won't miss it if I never use it, though, and it hardly seems worth going through a settlement even once to get it. It only gets awarded because we have to get it to get to the rest of the Yggdrasil upgrades. :)

DeletedUser33179

Yes, if I had a slot and none of the FP/goods/units Emissaries, I wouldn't mind using the medals one. I won't miss it if I never use it, though, and it hardly seems worth going through a settlement even once to get it. It only gets awarded because we have to get it to get to the rest of the Yggdrasil upgrades. :)

Oh, agree as well! I like the emmissary concept a lot & prefer the goods & units ones most of all from our current choices.

I still got 4 more run throughs to go to get that final Yggdrasil upgrade. Yep, been taking my time but will definitely complete it. Though, been leaning towards alternating between Vikings & Japan for putting in a bit a variety to the settlements monotony.