• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40618

Bravo, Inno! In the 27 times I completed the Vikings settlement, not once did I use any diamonds. But you changed all that for feudal Japan with the merchant. I could just waste more goods on doing negotiations until I get it without the diamonds, sure. I’m already finished with SAM and I only need goods for GE at this point. But I’m already putting too much time into it to keep doing it over and over. It has to be harder for lower ages where you really need the goods.

DeletedUser33179

I want to abandon Vikings, can't figure out how. Each click of the ship sends me to Vikings - I want to go to Japan.

On mobile (no idea for browser version) in the bottom right corner is a bar of various button options for settlement. The last one is a thin button with arrow depicted. Press that, & 2 more buttons (both blue) appear on that bar - one of them is 'Abandon'. Chosing that ends your current settlement single run-through.

Keep in mind, whenever you end any settlement single run-through -- irregardless of whether you finished all its wuests or chose to abandon it part way through -- you can't start any settlement again until 24 hours have passed.

DeletedUser5875

i dont think i have posted here since 2013 ... but i did feel like making a comment on the settlements. i want to distinguish a bit between long established players and players that are still in early and mid stages of world and city development. those of us that are playing on worlds created 5-6+ years ago, our cities have pretty much everything. for the most part the hardest thing to gain is attack power. almost all other things are very minor benefits. i have dozens of shrines of knowledge sitting in my inventory because 1fp to my city is worthless. 1good is worthless. 1 recruit is worthless. all those things have some value to less established cities, but to majority of well/long established players these things are hardly worth clicking on the townhall icon to add.

which brings me the the entire point i wish to make with this post.

these settlements are utter torture. doing the same identical thing that is very short term but doing it over and over and over and over is so mindnumbingly awful. and part of that awfulness is the fact that biggest benefit to growth of settlements is shorter collections. i could better tolerate setting 8hr coin collections but, of course, i get hooked with chasing these stupid timed rewards.

so, the viking settlement had an exceptional reward for completing the questline. 30% attack building on a 3x3 tile. that is huge. for some of us chasing more and more attack bonuses this was huge. so i tortured myself doing this AWFUL tedious repetitive sidegame to get this benefit. it also did not help that i pursued it on 2 worlds. running 2 settlements at once ---- let me tell you.... made my eyes bleed. but i did it. i chased these stupid runestones for the 2% attack benefit.
after about 5-6 times i could barely stand it, but i did it.

and so once i got the building and 2-3 2% attack runestones, that was the end of that. i couldnt bare to try to get any more on 1 world.

forgepoints are pretty worthless to me. emissaries are utter garbage. the only purpose they serve is for dragging out the amount of settlements it takes to get the main building finished. which is a load of garbage.

which leads me to my main point. this settlement feature is awful. the viking reward was terrific. so a player like myself tortured himself chasing this excellent reward even though this feature is NOT fun. it is tedious. it is a poorly designed time sink.

but feudal japan settlement now that reward does not contain gains to attack. diversity of rewards, i get it.
but if i gain around 230+fps per day (i think it is around there), does anyone really believe that another 10 or 12 or 20 is really a worthwhile thing to chase. i have over 14billion gold and i am too lazy to manually spend it on forge points. cause it takes to long to click the button 1 point purchase at a time.

i guess my overall point is: those of us that have been playing forever, if you want us to engage in these sidequests, that are terrible and tedious, you must provide a reward to match.

the vast majority of these special games every 2-3 months are the same with regard to reward structure. but at least they end. these settlements are so repetitive, obviously, it is honestly, akin to replaying bronze age 15-20 times in a row.

who in the world thought that to be a good idea. and these stupid worthless emissaries. come on now guys, they are nice if i am in colonial age or whatever, but otherwise????

please rework emissaries entirely. or remove them from settlement rewards.
yes, this is fully optional. i played vikings on 2 worlds. right now i did start japan on main world but i am not even sure i have the desire to run it to the end on main world. wont even begin on secondary world. it is just NOT worth the time.

RazorbackPirate

i dont think i have posted here since 2013 ... but i did feel like making a comment on the settlements. i want to distinguish a bit between long established players and players that are still in early and mid stages of world and city development. those of us that are playing on worlds created 5-6+ years ago, our cities have pretty much everything. for the most part the hardest thing to gain is attack power. almost all other things are very minor benefits. i have dozens of shrines of knowledge sitting in my inventory because 1fp to my city is worthless. 1good is worthless. 1 recruit is worthless. all those things have some value to less established cities, but to majority of well/long established players these things are hardly worth clicking on the townhall icon to add.

which brings me the the entire point i wish to make with this post.

these settlements are utter torture. doing the same identical thing that is very short term but doing it over and over and over and over is so mindnumbingly awful. and part of that awfulness is the fact that biggest benefit to growth of settlements is shorter collections. i could better tolerate setting 8hr coin collections but, of course, i get hooked with chasing these stupid timed rewards.

so, the viking settlement had an exceptional reward for completing the questline. 30% attack building on a 3x3 tile. that is huge. for some of us chasing more and more attack bonuses this was huge. so i tortured myself doing this AWFUL tedious repetitive sidegame to get this benefit. it also did not help that i pursued it on 2 worlds. running 2 settlements at once ---- let me tell you.... made my eyes bleed. but i did it. i chased these stupid runestones for the 2% attack benefit.
after about 5-6 times i could barely stand it, but i did it.

and so once i got the building and 2-3 2% attack runestones, that was the end of that. i couldnt bare to try to get any more on 1 world.

forgepoints are pretty worthless to me. emissaries are utter garbage. the only purpose they serve is for dragging out the amount of settlements it takes to get the main building finished. which is a load of garbage.

which leads me to my main point. this settlement feature is awful. the viking reward was terrific. so a player like myself tortured himself chasing this excellent reward even though this feature is NOT fun. it is tedious. it is a poorly designed time sink.

but feudal japan settlement now that reward does not contain gains to attack. diversity of rewards, i get it.
but if i gain around 230+fps per day (i think it is around there), does anyone really believe that another 10 or 12 or 20 is really a worthwhile thing to chase. i have over 14billion gold and i am too lazy to manually spend it on forge points. cause it takes to long to click the button 1 point purchase at a time.

i guess my overall point is: those of us that have been playing forever, if you want us to engage in these sidequests, that are terrible and tedious, you must provide a reward to match.

the vast majority of these special games every 2-3 months are the same with regard to reward structure. but at least they end. these settlements are so repetitive, obviously, it is honestly, akin to replaying bronze age 15-20 times in a row.

who in the world thought that to be a good idea. and these stupid worthless emissaries. come on now guys, they are nice if i am in colonial age or whatever, but otherwise????

please rework emissaries entirely. or remove them from settlement rewards.
yes, this is fully optional. i played vikings on 2 worlds. right now i did start japan on main world but i am not even sure i have the desire to run it to the end on main world. wont even begin on secondary world. it is just NOT worth the time.
Sounds like Settlements are not for you. I see no reason why Inno should make any of these changes. Don't like them, don't like the rewards, don't do them.

Algona

so a player like myself tortured himself chasing this excellent reward even though this feature is NOT fun. it is tedious. it is a poorly designed time sink.

Perspective is everything.

I see you have lvl 67 and lvl 25 Chateaus. Farming RQs much? What you just wrote about Settlements is how I feel about farming RQs. Or used to, anyway. I quit doing RQs. Yes, I know the rewards for doing so are fabulous. But not worth it. To me.

I appreciate that you do not like Settlements. You are not alone in that.

'Tis a pity you don't read the forums more you'd be amazed at some of the aspects of this game that some folk don't like. But given the breadth of this game it;s inevitable that some folk won't like some parts. Some want changes made to the game to suit their particular preferences and playstyles. This always strikes me as a bit selfish since other players obviously like those aspects as is when the solution to not liking part of the game is obvious, don't do that part of the game.

Nonetheless, this is a Feedback thread: How could INNO change Settlements that would make them more appealing to you but not make them overpowering for less advanced players?

Forge on!

p,s,. I don;t do Settlements in my main city, the game ain't worth the candle. I did and will continue to do them in my experimental city, that;s what it's there for; doing stupid things to learn more about the game. I just started a third city and Settlements are way too sweet (Earn a runestone every 10 days? Sign me up! And getting Yggy wit' it (na na nana na-na) as well? And 19 other relevant Quest prizes per iteration? And Emissaries? Ever thought of what a free troop per day means to a pre Traz city? Thank you! and twice on Sundays!) to pass up.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Last edited:

DeletedUser5875

Perspective is everything.

I see you have lvl 67 and lvl 25 Chateaus. Farming RQs much? What you just wrote about Settlements is how I feel about farming RQs. Or used to, anyway. I quit doing RQs. Yes, I know the rewards for doing so are fabulous. But not worth it. To me.

I appreciate that you do not like Settlements. You are not alone in that.

'Tis a pity you don't read the forums more you'd be amazed at some of the aspects of this game that some folk don't like. But given the breadth of this game it;s inevitable that some folk won't like some parts. Some want changes made to the game to suit their particular preferences and playstyles. This always strikes me as a bit selfish since other players obviously like those aspects as is when the solution to not liking part of the game is obvious, don't do that part of the game.

Nonetheless, this is a Feedback thread: How could INNO change Settlements that would make them more appealing to you but not make them overpowering for less advanced players?

Forge on!

p,s,. I don;t do Settlements in my main city, the game ain't worth the candle. I did and will continue to do them in my experimental city, that;s what it's there for; doing stupid things to learn more about the game. I just started a third city and Settlements are way too sweet (Earn a runestone every 10 days? Sign me up! And I get Yggy with it as well? And 19 other relevent Quest prizes per iteration? And Emissaries? Ever thought of what a free troop per day means to a pre Traz city? Thank you! and twice on Sundays!) to pass up.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

that was my point..... these things have value to people that are growing their cities. those of us that are full grown so to speak..... free poop per day is nothing. it is not hard to get creative.
they COULD make it so that these rewards were more well rounded and offered real value both to newer cities and also long established ones.

Algona

they COULD make it so that these rewards were more well rounded and offered real value both to newer cities and also long established ones.

How?

Serious question. I'd be interested and I know INNO would love to get more people sucked into Settlements.

It;s a problem this game faces. How do you design anything that will be of benefit to all players without being too overpowered for beginners and internediate players?

ODragon

tI;s a problem this game faces. How do you design anything that will be of benefit to all players without being too overpowered for beginners and internediate players?

I think for the most part, they've figured it out. Dont need space to play settlements, emissaries are zero space boosts, even if they aren't all that great in some aspects.

I think it is players that need to realize that Inno can't give massive power creep in everything they do or anything old doesnt retain its value. At this point, almost nothing in ge past diamonds, reno, 1up, fp and occassional, mostly temp use buildings have any value but one plays it for those things.

The game and players should expect to move in baby steps, not leaps and bounds. It is understandable that players want leaps but it is unsustainable.

The fact we have multiple threads on which GB should I delete tells you just how overpowered new things may be.

Algona

I think for the most part, they've figured it out. Dont need space to play settlements, emissaries are zero space boosts, even if they aren't all that great in some aspects.

I think it is players that need to realize that Inno can't give massive power creep in everything they do or anything old doesnt retain its value. At this point, almost nothing in ge past diamonds, reno, 1up, fp and occassional, mostly temp use buildings have any value but one plays it for those things.

The game and players should expect to move in baby steps, not leaps and bounds. It is understandable that players want leaps but it is unsustainable.

The fact we have multiple threads on which GB should I delete tells you just how overpowered new things may be.

Damn it Stephen Longshanks, before leaving modding you should have gotten us a super like button.

Phenomenal post ODragon.

Algona

Don't think one month of modding gives you that power.

Don;t think I was being serious. Want to nuy a slightly used Sarcasm Detectoromatic? Previous owner only posted on Sundays.

Meanwhile back on topic.

Read no spoilers nor UBE's updated Guide. Lot of surprises. The cost of Expansions was a bit of a shock. Size of Soy field hurts as does Shrine.

Glad i got lots of time to make lots of mistakes.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I think the majority of players have no issue with the rewards. Most of the complaints are about how mind numbingly boring and repetitive the gameplay is.

I am currently running the Japanese settlement on all my non- main worlds, and while it is beautiful and better structured than Vikings, I will quit doing them once each of those cities gets the first emissary. Not sure how far I'll go with my main once I finish my Yggdrasil.

DeletedUser5875

How?

Serious question. I'd be interested and I know INNO would love to get more people sucked into Settlements.

It;s a problem this game faces. How do you design anything that will be of benefit to all players without being too overpowered for beginners and internediate players?

let me give you one off the top of my head easy one:

emissary: 1min off collection cycle.
so 24hr collections could be 23hrs 59min.

have more than one like that so we could stack em based on our needs to maintain our production schedule to fit our work and life schedule better. etc.

how about emissaries having combo abilities to work with various buildings. lets say particular offensive emmisaries: 2 from japan 1 from vikings. if all three of them used together then yddgrassil has a boost to attack.

conversely, a combo of 3 "trade" emissaries used together could boost the feudal building's benefits.

this isn't rocket science. i personally wish these stupid things didnt exist at all. there is already enough to do in this game. but if you put a feature in then that feature should be ENJOYABLE, preferably with its play and rewards.

and of course, i recognize that i simply don't have to engage in this feature. i already do not engage in GvG. i barely engage in these special event things cause rewards are worthless, etc. but i realize the company wants more engagement, not less, thus i am putting my 2 pennies in.

Algona

Good response except the part about reducing tmers. The Devs have expresslystated they do not want suggestions about that elsewhere in the forums. Proposals > Stickied thread 'Do not suggest list'.

I really like the idea of different Emissaries from different Cultures working together, there;s a lot of design space there, and could encourage folk to go deep on multliple Cultures.

DeletedUser30312

Exactly. As much as I might want a constant stream of great stuff, Inno's got to keep game balance in mind.

Super Catanian

Interesting. Today was my first time doing the Feudal Japan Settlements. Not only was my starting zone free of Inpediments, but my first collection of Soy Beans was multiplied by 4! Was able to place down a Shinto Shrine and a second Soy Bean Field. In the gaps, I placed enough Tourou's to have enough Diplomacy to unlock the Gallery. Currently waiting for more Soy Beans.
Don't know if I should have gotten another Shinto Shrine instead of that second Soy Bean Field...

Godly Luke

Wish you could fight In the merchant hut instead of negotiating it would just be called the hut and it would be kinda a spoils of war thing where they give you the goods for winning

DeletedUser40061

i have given up on this event. ive actually gone back to viking event.no worries, me