• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser8155

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Feudal Japan. We're looking forward to your feedback! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team
i have a question about the japan game it is asking me to build a shrin but when i go to build one i don't have one in my builds in the menu how and where do i get it

IngeJones

Ok having played Japan for a few days, I love the scenery but I don't see myself playing it many times. It's too hard to expand the land. I refuse to pay 500 diamonds just to lose it all at the end.

Algona

By the time I finished Vikings I was to the point where I necer wanted to see a Settlement again.

Because of the changes and the opportunity to learn new techniques and because it's not a white background (heh!) I'm having a lot of fun so far with Japan.

Maybe that will change in a few iterations, we'll see.

Wish you could fight In the merchant hut instead of negotiating it would just be called the hut and it would be kinda a spoils of war thing where they give you the goods for winning

While being able to use your city's troops and attack boosts would be kinda silly and horribly repetitious, we already got plenty now, there's a whole lot of design space for some kind of combat in Japan or with Vikings. The flavor aspect (Ninjas and Samurai, Vikings plundering towns) can't miss.

Way too much for INNO to tackle and could easily overcomplicate Settlements, but it does make for some interesting daydreams..

Kesto11

I suggest making a change to allow Market negotiations to use 4 turns without spending diamonds. Add it to the GE Turn boost in the Friends Tavern, or heck, just charge a certain amount of goods. Only having 3 turns is so 2015. I just failed 6 times in a row with a 6-good negotiation. Alternatively, get rid of the 6-good negotiations and only use 5-good ones. It would cut down significantly on tedious failed negotiations.

With the Market being key in completing the settlement in time for the best reward, spending several minutes to win a single negotiation is not exactly enjoyable or challenging. It seems I've had better results with 10-good negotiations with 4 turns than 6 'n 3. Though the only time I negotiate anymore is for occasional DCs or event quests demanding it.

UBERhelp1

I suggest making a change to allow Market negotiations to use 4 turns without spending diamonds. Add it to the GE Turn boost in the Friends Tavern, or heck, just charge a certain amount of goods. Only having 3 turns is so 2015. I just failed 6 times in a row with a 6-good negotiation. Alternatively, get rid of the 6-good negotiations and only use 5-good ones. It would cut down significantly on tedious failed negotiations.

With the Market being key in completing the settlement in time for the best reward, spending several minutes to win a single negotiation is not exactly enjoyable or challenging. It seems I've had better results with 10-good negotiations with 4 turns than 6 'n 3. Though the only time I negotiate anymore is for occasional DCs or event quests demanding it.
Or, to fit with the settlements, extra turns can be bought with Koban coins.

Kesto11

Or, to fit with the settlements, extra turns can be bought with Koban coins.

Hm, or perhaps unlockable after completing a certain # of settlements? I'm not sure I'd want more settlement coins to be drained, especially early on. Though your proposal makes logical sense since it takes coins to produce the goods in the first place.

Sounds like it would be a good emissary ability...

But the purpose of the emissaries is to directly benefit the main city, and emissaries can be swapped any time if I am not mistaken. But perhaps have an additional special emissary slot after a certain number of settlements for that purpose?

ODragon

But the purpose of the emissaries is to directly benefit the main city, and emissaries can be swapped any time if I am not mistaken. But perhaps have an additional special emissary slot after a certain number of settlements for that purpose?

Who says? Just because that's all they've done doesn't mean that's all they can and should do. If this is really Inno thinking, it is what stagnates the game. We should all want things that help us, who cares if they only help our settlement or gvg or ge or mars or scouting, etc. One doesn't have to use it since there are so many emissaries but options are what keep the game exciting and different.

I would also argue that it would help the main city directly as one would waste a lot less goods on negotiations.

DeletedUser38737

I am not really enjoying the Japanese settlement. It is much too difficult to add expansions, thus increase ability to make more coins or add population. Requirements for obtaining cultural buildings are way too high, as well. It seems it may take me a month to complete this. I will never play this settlement again after that if it stays the way it is. I am not interested in the market thing so if that is what you expect people to do to complete this settlement, so long.

IngeJones

I agree. I fact I was so fedup when I finally finished it that I razed the settlement to the ground before I left, and left them with nothing but their town hall or whatever it's called.

DeletedUser38784

I am not really enjoying the Japanese settlement. It is much too difficult to add expansions, thus increase ability to make more coins or add population. Requirements for obtaining cultural buildings are way too high, as well. It seems it may take me a month to complete this. I will never play this settlement again after that if it stays the way it is. I am not interested in the market thing so if that is what you expect people to do to complete this settlement, so long.
With doing the market it's new major change form the Viking, I am 50% done in 6 days. So if your choice to not do the market you are making it a ton harder than it is designed to be.

DeletedUser40618

Finished feudal Japan in less than a week. Vikings experience helped a lot. I wouldn’t say it’s easier, but they shortened the advancement tree and the merchant is like having an extra goods building. Luck plays a part as much as strategy.