• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser37581

I was a little worried with the wording of the announcment because it said before starting Japan you need to either finish Vikings or abandon settlement. It just didn't seem clear to me that "finish Vikings" means the entire sequence of the upgrade/emissary rounds or just the current settlement. I'm glad we can stay with Vikings because I about 2/3ds done and want all the upgrades.
That is an understandable concern. The announcement is in reference to a Viking settlement that you are currently running. If you want to switch to a Japanese settlement, then you must either finish the Viking settlement that you are currently doing, or abandon it.

If you are not doing any settlement, then clicking on the boat will take you to the screen where you can decide which settlement to do.

DeletedUser39738

I'm very happy a new little town is coming up in a few days after having 20 Viking Settlements, kinda ti-rod of it. I would like to see the prizes get a little bigger after the first bunch is completed though.

UBERhelp1

I'm very happy a new little town is coming up in a few days after having 20 Viking Settlements, kinda ti-rod of it. I would like to see the prizes get a little bigger after the first bunch is completed though.
They do get bigger, kind of. You level up the main building and get fragments for the secondary. The more you play the greater the rewards in total.

DeletedUser39738

They do get bigger, kind of. You level up the main building and get fragments for the secondary. The more you play the greater the rewards in total.

The prize has been 50 fp's & the fragments & one other item for the last 2 rounds and this 20th one too. I do believe it was 18 totally to complete the segment.

UBERhelp1

The prize has been 50 fp's & the fragments & one other item for the last 2 rounds and this 20th one too. I do believe it was 18 totally to complete the segment.
Yeah. Past settlement 15 the reward is 50 FP + the fragments. You keep getting rewards. If you keep playing, you get more runestones and in doing so, get more FP, goods, attack boost, etc.

centaurgod

There is nothing stopping you from playing the Vikings if that is what you wish to do. When it is time to start a new settlement, you will have the choice of starting either the Vikings or the Japanese.
Does that mean we can flip back and forth between the two? Lets say for whatever reason I don't like the new Japanese thing and want to go back and get another Viking bonus, can I do that?

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, I've been looking forward to Egypt. It seems Inno is really into all things Japanese - both Contemporary Era and Virtual Future are strongly Japanese-themed. As are some of the events and event buildings - Pagoda, Cherry Garden.

OTOH, I don't recall anything at all in this game that was Egyptian-themed. And there are plenty of other interesting historical cultures that could be used and haven't yet been touched upon by this game: Celts, Chinese, Mali, Minoan, Babylonian/Sumerian, Greek, Turks, Arabs, Aztec/Mayan/Incan/etc.

When the settlements feature was first announced, IIRC the devs mentioned Polynesians as a potential future settlement. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up as a 4th or 5th culture. Maybe a nice big upgradable Moai for the city.

UBERhelp1

When the settlements feature was first announced, IIRC the devs mentioned Polynesians as a potential future settlement. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up as a 4th or 5th culture. Maybe a nice big upgradable Moai for the city.
Ooh. That would be cool.

Kesto11

Actually, in my opinion, this one is much better. It's faster, so you don't get bored, the prizes are good, the art is great, and there are words I can't pronounce! :)

It's definitely less demanding. I played it pretty casually trying it out once on Beta. Barely finished in time to get the gold reward, but like I said, I was not trying terribly hard. Ran 8 hour productions on coin buildings and definitely did not collect on time throughout the process (it's Beta after all) :)

IngeJones

Not directly to do with Japan, but I don't like the same icon being used for a settlement that has a collection waiting as for when you don't have a settlement ongoing at all. Not sure why we have to have any jiggling icon at all when we have no settlement going - or maybe it would make more sense to have the moon thing like we get on our promethium and oricalcum ports when they are inactive.

DeletedUser35326

Reward worth it ??? I hope the rewards are worth playing for. Been playing for a while, and it takes so long just to do onething (seems like). I would vote to get rid of the 24hr period and replace it with a 12hr period. Inno??? It takes to much to make a suggestion to you all! Hope someone has a good, "GUIDE" to follow. I would like to reduce the amount of time I play on this game to do other stuff too like RL stuff. That is why I am hoping for a guide for the Japenese Settlement. I love the foe game, just don't make it so complicated and take sooooo much time...Especially the time..Thank...

DeletedUser37950

Not sure why we have what amounts to a duplicate emissary here. (2 of the Japanese emissaries are 1FP)

Still going to do it, but having 2 of the exact same impact emissaries seems...lazy

DeletedUser40061

this new settlement sounds intriguing but like viking event ill fail to complete it..iam almost close to completing one VC and will probaley keep it. it just asks you things that cost way more than building your city outside of settlement.