1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Finding Guilds

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Elaine Trapp, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Elaine Trapp

Elaine Trapp Well-Known Member

Proposal:
    Make it so that players that use android devices/mobile phones if we know the name of the guild we're looking for to join we can type in the guild's name.

Current System:
    Right now the only option we have is to scroll through all the guilds to find the guild that we want to join.

Details:
    Making it so that players that use android devices/mobile phones if we know the name of which guild we want to join if we can type in the guild's name instead of scrolling for it which will make it a whole lot quicker to find.

Abuse Prevention:
    There's no way to abuse it.

Visual Aid:
    Screenshot_2017-12-20-19-08-53.png

Conclusion:
    Making it so that players that use android devices/mobile phones if we know the name of the guild we want to join we can type in the guild's name instead of scrolling for it which will make it a whole lot quicker to find.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    InfamousChan likes this.
  2. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

This feature is available on PC.....is it not available on the Toy...?

3. Ognor the Hood

Ognor the Hood Well-Known Member

good thing this proposal is in the proper format otherwise i would have no idea what he is suggesting

+1

4. Lucifer1904

Lucifer1904 Well-Known Member

On PC you can search in the rankings to find a specific guild not sure about mobile.

5. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

I think you can search on mobile, but you can't try to join or apply to a guild on the rankings, which is kind of a pain.

artemis9794 likes this.
  6. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Why was this Proposal brought up for voting?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. InfamousChan

InfamousChan Well-Known Member

I vote yes. The game looks real good in mobiles.

8. Elaine Trapp

Yes it is now up for voting.

9. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Right. I fixed the typos in my previous post.

I'm asking why this was sent to voting. There is almost no discussion or support given. Seems way too premature to be in vooting.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Good question. It got exactly 2 people supporting it. And less than one full page of discussion.
    o_O

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  11. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns Well-Known Member

To be fair, There maybe isn't much to discuss here? That's my my running theory, for now.

I'ma leaning yes, because it appears to be a simple QoL for mobiles.

InfamousChan likes this.
  12. Madisa6485

Madisa6485 New Member

That's a good idea and it is sometimes necessary.

Elaine Trapp and InfamousChan like this.
  13. Langoroth

Langoroth New Member

Does it really need a lot of discussion if it is a good idea? I was surprised and disappointed when I couldn't find a way to search for a guild on my phone. I found this thread while looking for how to do it but apparently you can't. I hope this gets changed.

Elaine Trapp and InfamousChan like this.
  14. draxxa

draxxa Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar
  15. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    You can't even search for guilds through that interface on Browser. Both On Browser and Mobile you can search for a guild by name using the ranking board, the only difference is you can't see the Guild Profile or Join from there on Mobile like you can on Browser.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  16. draxxa

draxxa Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar
    Yes, you're correct about the interface.

But, I think the point is that on the mobile version there is no way to search for a guild and apply. Seeing the guild description would be a great addition to this proposal.

I don't care where the ability to search a guild and perform these functions is located, I just want to be able to do it. :D

17. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    Yeah I forgot too but added you can't join either from the rank board on Mobile either, which is silly.

18. Elaine Trapp

Android/mobile players can find the ranking of a guild by typing in the guild but to join a guild they've got to scroll through a whole lot of guilds to find the one that they want.