• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

First time you get Diamonds?

Lankybrit

Hi,

I was remembering that either the Story Quest or Side Quest gave Diamonds at some point in your development. Do you know when that is? I've started on a new World to test it out (and no, I'm not talking about the 100 Diamonds that you have to spend on the longhouse) and I haven't got it yet.

Anyone know how early on it is?

Thanks.

Vger

Story and Side quests sometimes give diamonds, but I don't remember which ones do that when. There are places on the internet where you can look that up, but we aren't allowed to say any more than that.

But for recurring quests, there is a simple answer: you can get diamonds exactly once from each recurring quest in each age. So, try to do each recurring quest in each age until you hit the diamonds. Some of them may not be worth the effort (recruit units!!!) but others are easy.

DeletedUser34743

Any story or side quest that gives a "random reward" has a chance to give diamonds.

Lankybrit

Thanks for the answering. Still haven't got any yet. My idea is just to play on a new world until I get some Diamonds, then delete it. Worth it?

Captain Christian

It isn't really worth it unless you take the time to actually develop your world. Just skipping through to the diamond quests doesn't work, and the city is a failure. I'm pretty sure one of the RinBin quests of I.A. or before has a hidden reward at the end, which is diamonds. There is a difference between a hidden reward and a random reward. Hidden reward quests often have diamonds or some other grand prize at the end. Random reward ones MIGHT have diamonds.

Last edited:

Agent327

It isn't really worth it unless you take the time to actually develop your world. Just skipping through to the diamond quests doesn't work, and the city is a failure. I'm pretty sure one of the RinBin quests of I.A. has a hidden reward at the end, which is diamonds. There is a difference between a hidden reward and a random reward. Hidden reward quests often have diamonds or some other grand prize at the end. Random reward ones MIGHT have diamonds.

It would really help if you were to learn the game first before you start to give advise to others. Once again you are WRONG!!!

Captain Christian

It would really help if you were to learn the game first before you start to give advise to others. Once again you are WRONG!!!
Wrong about what? If I find I am wrong, I will delete the post. Everything I said I have tried and true and I believe I am right.

Agent327

Wrong about what? If I find I am wrong, I will delete the post. Everything I said I have tried and true and I believe I am right.

1. Not every world needs to be developed
2. RinBin quest isn't in I.A.
3. Hidden reward quests do not offten have diamonds or a grand prize
4. Random reward ones "MIGHT" have diamonds.

Anything else?

Captain Christian

1. Not every world needs to be developed
2. RinBin quest isn't in I.A.
3. Hidden reward quests do not offten have diamonds or a grand prize
4. Random reward ones "MIGHT" have diamonds.

Anything else?
1. I tried skipping through to the diamond quest, it didn't work. You need to actually take your time.
2. I am pretty sure the one I am talking about is in I.A. or before, because I completed it in a world that is not any more advanced than I.A.
3. Many of the ones I have done do offer it. It is a chain of quests, some of which may reward you with one coin, but the final quest to that chain often has some sort of fabulous prize. I have often won diamonds from this.
4. That is exactly what I said, that random ones "MIGHT" have diamonds.

Last edited:

Algona

Thanks for the answering. Still haven't got any yet. My idea is just to play on a new world until I get some Diamonds, then delete it. Worth it?

I don't think so. There are a lot of one time Diamond Rewards scattered throughout the game, but they are mostly unpredictable and should be considered as bonus Diamonds.

The amount of Diamonds you can win in this game is directly proportional to the effort you put into city development.

There are two main techniques for long term steady Diamond income.

Build 'Diamond Farms' - cities that are crammed full of Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth and any building that can give Diamonds. The amount of Diamonds you can expect is 50 Duamonds * .01 * Number of.WW and FoTYper day

Develope the capability of winning 63 Encounters in GE every week.. While you can win Diamonds in lvl 1 and 2 the big steady Diamond payoffs start with Encounter 48 and run through Encounter 63. (Encounter 64 pays a fine prize, but not Diamonds.) The number of Diamonds you can expect from 63 GE is around 150 per week long term. Repeat. Long. Term.

Both of these techniques take steady long term commitment.

Since October 2018 I've won about 25K Diamonds, but that was with 2 (with a third added a few months back) cities each fighting 64 GE every week and with 10 shrunk WWs oer city.

p.s. Yeah, I know, Quest Rewards + Powered Chateau. You're welcome to try to explain that to a new player.

Last edited:

Agent327

1. I tried skipping through to the diamond quest, it didn't work. You need to actually take your time.
2. I am pretty sure the one I am talking about is in I.A., because I completed it in a world that is not any more advanced than I.A.
3. Many of the ones I have done do offer it. It is a chain of quests, some of which may reward you with one coin, but the final quest to that chain often has some sort of fabulous prize. I have often won diamonds from this.
4. That is exactly what I said, that random ones "MIGHT" have diamonds.

1. Has nothing to do with a world being developed.
2. Look it up. Source that most use tells you different
3. Total crap. It sometimes is a chain, most times not and judging from how far you are it is impossible you have "often" won diamonds.
4. No, they always have diamonds. You just "MIGHT" win them.

Falconwing

I think GE and GbG are currently the best ways to get Diamonds without buying them.

I raked in like 400 Diamonds last GE (only 10 this one, lol), and I seem to always do well getting them in GbG (20 a pop in Plat).

I personally haven't had a lot of luck with Wells and Fountains to recommend that strategy. Mine seem to like making coins, supplies, and medals exclusively. I'm actually thinking of ditching the 10 in my city for something more tangible.

Lankybrit

It takes a long time to get to do GE, and you probably need GBs to be good at it.

I just got 40 Diamonds on the new world. It was about 2/3 of the way through Bronze Age. It was A side quest that was the end of a chain of pay coins, supplies, coins etc. for random rewards giving 1 coin, and then finally 40 Diamonds.

Captain Christian

It takes a long time to get to do GE, and you probably need GBs to be good at it.

I just got 40 Diamonds on the new world. It was about 2/3 of the way through Bronze Age. It was A side quest that was the end of a chain of pay coins, supplies, coins etc. for random rewards giving 1 coin, and then finally 40 Diamonds.
THANK YOU! At least someone knows the quest I am talking about!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Not really, I did it all the way to the end of level 4 in every single one of my cities starting the first week I was eligible to do it. All of my cities got the final profile badge for completing GE4 on the first week they were eligible to get it. Not hard at all. All it takes is some goods, some tavern coins, and the ability to solve simple puzzles, and the willingness and desire to do it.