Flash kills computer and crashes game

Hello, it's been 2 months and I still cannot play the game on my gaming PC because Flash keeps crashing. I have tried Firefox, IE, Chrome, and the Dragon one your team recommended. They all crash. I can play the game for about 5 minutes in IE but then I have to close IE, wait 5 minutes, then reopen IE and go back into the game. Since you have too many features that are only available on computer, this is the only way I can play the game. I can run every other game out there on max quality all at the same time. It's not my computer. As soon as I open FoE, the game crashes after just a few minutes. Do we have an ETA when this will be fixed?

Attachments

Dursland

I am Dursland
In 2018 FoE will be switching to HTML5. Until then there's not much that can be done.

The game currently works fine for most people so it is something specific on your end, unfortunately.

You can try contacting support to resolve the issue. https://support.innogames.com/faq

Cher Aria

Mine doesn't crash my computer, but the game will stop working, or freeze up, after only a few minutes of game time and then I have to reboot the game. I have a gaming computer too, and play many other games that are more graphic intense than this one just fine without the game freezing or crashing. Unfortunately I have not taken any screen shots, but will in the future.

Dursland

I am Dursland
the game will stop working, or freeze up, after only a few minutes of game time and then I have to reboot the game
Try resizing your browser window instead.

There is a current known bug that causes the game to freeze up at certain points but resizing your browser unfreezes it.

That's actual advice given by the devs - they say it is caused by playing forge of empires in multi-tabbed browser windows. They suggest playing Forge of Empires in a browser window with only 1 tab to resolve the freezes.

I use a lot of tabs so this was too much of a bother for me, I just resize on freezes. It works.

Mudduplin

Opera works the best for FoE. Download is free and just do normal game play and let it learn. Works the best by far.
After about 3 days of play not a problem.

LoriLPike

Ive tried Opera and all the other browsers. Nothing works for me. And dont get me started on the pain in the rear end fighting in GvG has become. Uhg. Its just about to the point Im losing interest in the game.

Dursland

I am Dursland
Flash needs at least 2gb of memory available (available, not system total) to run efficiently so that may be the problem.

Hopefully it'll be improved when FoE goes to HTML5 in the first half of 2018.

Trubl2

Wow! To my surprise, I have been having horrible lag playing FoE for some time now, but as was suggested above I downloaded the Opera browser and installed FlashPlayer - and no kidding, FoE plays so smooth and perfect, with no lag!! I am amazed! If you haven't yet, give Opera a try with the DL of FlashPlayer (if you don't install FP the game site won't start at all, I tried that, too! LOL).

boeffie

I have had major problems for the last 5 days, freezing, tooltips starting to react on all buildings seconds after passing over them, and not being able to have multiple worlds open. Reverted back to Firefox 54.1 today through the mozilla site, everything back to perfect now. Firefox 55 is a major update with a customer info relay extension not readily seen

Lofty922

The problem I've had for the last few days is very slow response when I login and the webpage starts to build the city map. It takes 10 minutes or so to do it. Then the response to every mouse movement is really slow and at times completely in error. Why did this just happen?

Dursland

I am Dursland
Have you tried Opera browser instead? If not then your computer simply may not have enough memory.

I had to upgrade from a 3gb RAM dual core machine to a 6gb quad core to run FoE smoothly.

Lofty922

I have 4GB, but have been playing the game since Dec 2016. Checking Task Mgr, I'm not max'd out. It is really slow and I can't use the mouse anymore to move city view. Have to use arrow keys to move screen. Why would this happen when before I upgraded to Firefox 55 it worked fine. 3-4 months ago I used to be able to open 2 browser windows, now only 1 is allowed - the other disconnects. And now, it is soooo Slooow, I can't even play the game. My memory usage has gone up to 70%, but that isn't the problem. Are others having this problem? Thx

Ward Roebuck

I too am using Firefox 55 and having the problems described above, but the time spent downloading Opera might not be worthwhile. I have completed all the tech and will arrive at the last unconquered province on the map later today, so the new content is about to be at an end. The fall event, collecting apples, is a mere pastime, helping weaker players keep up, if they put the time in. Unless new tech or new provinces becoming available are announced this month, I will stop playing. I have been playing over 1,000 days.

Lofty922

I have found the problem and its not good! It seems you have to go back to Firefox 52.3.0 (32-bit) ESR, due to later versions incompatibility with Java NPAPI applets. You'll find this article on "https://java.com/en/download/help/firefox_java.xml". Flash Player is either really slow, or has to translate difficult code to display graphics via the latest versions of Firefox. You can download this version, and keep it as its own link.

Sol2510us

I have found a solution for flash problems - at least for Firefox - on EN FoE forum. No need to resort to downgrading, it fixes all issues I had with latest FF.
Type "about:config" in address bar, accept warning and search for "dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled" - then make sure it is set to false. Voila!
No more game freezing, multiple cities can load in background tabs and FF no longer devours all RAM.