1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

[Not A Bug] FoE freezing since last update

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by Dabeeto, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Czari

Czari Active Member

It is not an issue with Chrome as I have played FoE on FireFox for the past 2 1/2 years and just began experiencing this freezing situation since the last update. Mine happens if I open another tab. I have to refresh the game to unfreeze it, which is getting old.

2. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

Try playing it in a single window with no other tabs open. That should help with the freezing.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  3. Big Baloney

Big Baloney Member

I never used chrome after it frozen the first time last year, so I used the recommended browser for Inno games, Opera.
    I get freezes when inno intorduced the inciedents in the live servers. I have several times posted these findings and never anybody of the "team" take responcebillety, well here it is again.

4. clesindl30

clesindl30 New Member

i use chrome and i never had any issues all of you are saying that happens to chrome users. plus i'm using chrome 64 bit, which is there fastest browser.

5. cryonix

cryonix New Member

I've had the same issue on Firefox for the last 3 weeks... The only workaround I have found is to open the game in a separate browser window and go into full-screen mode. Everything seems to work fine with this scenario. I personally find it interesting how only InnoGames games I play freeze up this way, but no other online games I play have. I also tried running the game in other browsers and it asks me to allow the building of my city. I haven't agreed as I was unsure if It would start my city all over again... That would be less than ideal. I had another game do that after 2 years of building up my city, I was more than ticked by that. Hope the above helps other fellow Firefox users.

6. jc821

jc821 Active Member

NOT A BUG its just how this game wrks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    InfamousChan likes this.
  7. psyrox2k

psyrox2k Member

Have the same issues, game locks intermittently in Chrome, of course I always have other tabs open too. Started a little over a month ago, still happening. Seems to happen mostly after some kind of city update, like someone motivates me etc. refresh fixes it. Since it never happened the whole first year I played, and has been happening consistantly since about a month ago, and other players are affected, it most certainly seems to be a bug, just an unknown one.

A thought I have and could be wrong, is that Flash is pulling resources from other domains that need to be safelisted in Chrome, and when it tries to pull the resource it causes a crash since it can't access part of the code it's trying to access from the other server. I could test this if I could get a domain list of resources used in game to safelist, like *.forgeofempires.com for instance.

8. Dursland

I think only way to test would be to install something like the Chrome extension "Disconnect" which is supposed to stop all external sites from connecting.

You can try installing that add-on then see if the crash continues. If not then your theory is correct.

But if the game is just locking up from time to time, that's a known bug with flash. Try resizing your browser window when it happens, or play in a separate window with no other tabs open.

9. Hordmaster

Hordmaster New Member

I'm having the same problem on my phone since the update freezes. . I've reinstalled 3 times. Each time it'll allow me to choose the world then it freezes. Only on my android phone.

10. Dursland

I used latest android version of Forge of Empires today when I was out, with no problems.

So I don't know what to say except to contact support.

11. ForGotten3

ForGotten3 Active Member

Close app and reopen works everytime :)

12. dedley the great

dedley the great Member

No, the problem isn't with OUR browsers, OUR computers or ANYTHING on OUR end. This is all on INNOS END! I have a 1200 dollar gaming laptop and have tried this game on EVERY browser and it still act like a glitchy crappy useless game. But you useless mods, who aren't techs and are pretty clueless when it comes to anything that falls outside of the norm, ALWAYS tell us the same garbage when we write in with freezing issues. You blame us instead of going to your bosses and getting them to fix the problem. Or is it our browsers fault every single time Inno does an update and screws up another aspect of this game? Take some accountability already!!!

13. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    When you go into a store do you immediately asks to speak with the manager, or is there an internal timer that lets you know when it's time to start demanding things?

RaveWolf and TheVillagerIdiot like this.
  14. dedley the great

dedley the great Member

When you go into a store, do you have to wear your protective helmet for all the times you bump into things and fall over ya clown?

15. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    Snowmen aren't allowed in stores, something about climate control and we tend to get a bit melty...

Anyways, I guess I'll wait two months for another spectacular comeback from you.