• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE has gotten worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

stooge52

I have been playing this game for a long long time. It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Huh. While not playing as long as you I'm sure, for me, FoE is still the same F2P game it's always been.

Has Inno increased the number of places you may choose to spend diamonds? Yes. They've also given more opportunities to make diamonds. As well as FPs, goods, and other useful stuff that used to be way harder to come by.

Thanks for funding the game.

Wildelk68

The challenge used to be getting those "hard" to come by rewards! Now you can just buy them in most instances! Its analogous to McDonalds selling chicken! If I want chicken I go to KFC, when I want a burger I go to McDonalds! Sometimes you need to do what you do best and not sell your soul for the almighty dollar hiding behind the false premise that's what customers want!

Agent327

I have been playing this game for a long long time. It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE

You might have been playing for a long long time, but in that long long time, you did not really achieve that much. Your stats show you are just a casual player. Mediocre at best. Could it be that players way more active than you, just bypass you without using money?

CommanderCool1234

You might have been playing for a long long time, but in that long long time, you did not really achieve that much. Your stats show you are just a casual player. Mediocre at best. Could it be that players way more active than you, just bypass you without using money?
I agree with agent, many people complain about the game and try to make excuses of why they are not as good as other's but the fact is you can be a top player in your server withought spending money.

wolfhoundtoo

Perhaps you've simply played too long. For a game to survive change is almost always necessary as they need to keep players playing and getting new players in order for them to make the money that keeps this game operating. I haven't really seen a change to the format that specifically benefits players that are willing to play. The events are much more frequent than they were in the beginning true but as far back as I can remember you could always spend your to get benefits from the event (or if you were willing to spend enough to simply buy your GBs and level them even).

Emberguard

Perhaps you've simply played too long.
That ironically can be a players biggest drawback. The longer a player has to learn the game the harder it is for a player to.... well, learn the game. Reason being by the time a new feature is released a veteran player is already used to doing things a particular way. Whereas a new player will be learning it from scratch and be mastering any new mechanics.

You can be great at something and be one of the best in your field today, but here’s the thing. If you’re not continuously improving your game (not just FoE, all aspects of life) you’re always going to be surpassed by the new kid whose growth curve is higher because they’re improving while you’ve stopped improving. They’ve adapted while you’ve stagnated.

I don’t know how you (the OP) play, I don’t know what approach you take to FoE. I do know it’s the advanced Great Buildings (which you can get for free), how well you can arrange your layout, how well you know how to do events (funny how those that complain about events usually aren’t optimising their daily specials at all) and how well you manage all the other game mechanics that will determine how quickly you can grow.

All of this can be achieved for free. But you do need to put in the effort in the right areas or at the very least in learning (or relearning) how to improve. And here’s the funny thing, money doesn’t automatically change this. You can spend thousands and still be unable to compete with Free to Play players if those Free to Play understand the game better then you or are employing a better strategy.

stooge52

So, for those of you that spend your hard earned money for virtual items that is your choice. I prefer to have item in hand when I buy something. I have been playing for about 12 years and watched FOE go from letting you win a whole wishing well to now giving you a fragmentation of one, along with many other items. You could always go to the market and find what you needed, not anymore. They have mastered the tweaking for each individual game play. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game and the players but, money is all they care about. How do you think they spend millions in advertising.

Note to moderator: maybe you haven't played long enough and shouldn't be a monitor with that reply.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Inno is a business. Businesses exists to make money for their shareholders. That you're just discovering this is well...

FoE is not quite 9 years old, so you've certainly not played for 12. Since the beginning, FoE has given the opportunity to spend diamonds on many things. Those who do spend diamonds move ahead faster. So what? Another's city development has no effect on yours, their rank points meaningless.

You say you don't spend money on the game anyway, you should be grateful for those that do. FoE wouldn't exist without them and you wouldn't have been able to play for free for how ever long it is you've actually played.

Agent327

So, for those of you that spend your hard earned money for virtual items that is your choice. I prefer to have item in hand when I buy something. I have been playing for about 12 years and watched FOE go from letting you win a whole wishing well to now giving you a fragmentation of one, along with many other items.

That is truly amazing. Yoou have been playing years before the game even existed! You must be the very first player of the game.

Note to moderator: maybe you haven't played long enough and shouldn't be a monitor with that reply.

Note to stooge. Thanks for confirming what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.