• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE has gotten worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

How long have you been a moderator may I ask?
If I tell you would that change anything? The information regarding when FoE started is available both via forum announcements and from Innogames own website.

You said the game is getting more costly and that Inno controls Blueprints, Markets (the goods market?) and Fragments. Ok then, a couple questions on that.
1. What exactly would you need for it to not be costly?
2. Would you be willing to learn from others on how to achieve that for free once you’ve defined what exactly you need to have fun?

stooge52

You know, I make a comment on how the game has changed since I started playing and now it has turned into battle. There ya go. Everyone plays the game different and not wanting to be king. I make a comment and the moderators take offence and make nasty comments when they are supposed to help players. So, when I said FOE is getting worst I must be right. Very sad. May I also say that since I started playing Innogames rating has dropped to 1.31 and is now 125th in online games.

Agent327

Ok smarty, when did the game start? Since you are full of info.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-of-empires-turns-8.31843/

How long have you been a moderator may I ask?

Shouldn't it be wiser to ask how long I have been playing?

You know, I make a comment on how the game has changed since I started playing and now it has turned into battle. There ya go. Everyone plays the game different and not wanting to be king. I make a comment and the moderators take offence and make nasty comments when they are supposed to help players. So, when I said FOE is getting worst I must be right. Very sad. May I also say that since I started playing Innogames rating has dropped to 1.31 and is now 125th in online games.

You make a statement that money has ruined the game. You claim that players that pay move ahead twice as fast. I simply asked a question if it is possible they move ahead twice at fast, cause they play more active than you. That's supposed to be nasty?

Let's say you have been playing from the start of the game. I'll give you that. You are playing on 3 worlds. Highest world is M where in all those years you have only reached SAM. The highest level GB you have is also on M and is a level 16 Deal Castle. You are good for 6436 battles, which is really not that much. Not enough to justify an Atlantis Museum in my opinion. Your city is the perfect example of someone that just dabbles a bit with as a cherry on top, a Colosseum.

And now you want us to believe that other players move ahead of you, cause they pay?

Graviton

You know, I make a comment on how the game has changed since I started playing and now it has turned into battle.

No battle, just disagreement and different perspectives. Those things are not the same unless you make them so.

I make a comment and the moderators take offence and make nasty comments when they are supposed to help players.

Where did you ask for help?

Kranyar the Mysterious

No you guys are totally wrong. There is no way that someone who has played so actively for 12 years could be passed up by anyone who doesn't spend bundles of money. It's all them evil capitalists. The fact that they are at the bottom of their neighborhood every week? Only evil spenders could be so much higher ranked then them!!! The fact that other players might do more than 500 battles per year? Evil Anarchists!!! People that spend more than 2500 fp on their buildings per year? There's them evil spenders AGAIN!!! It's everyone else!!! It's not the fact that the op is either very inactive or a very poor player. The op is 100% correct, it's EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Those who've played less time don't have anywhere the amount of experience as someone who has played 12 years, therefore certainly can't have anywhere close to the absolute knowledge about the game that the op obviously has!!! All you noobs who've only played 5-9 years should sit down and BE QUIET!!! You know NOTHING!!!

Johnny B. Goode

so you played that many years and this is what you achieved?
View attachment 18616
i think saying you dont know how to play this game well is a stretch, you are good at playing this game, in the wrong way.
So I looked at his 19M point city. It is in SAM. He has several goods buildings of various ages stretching all the way down to Iron Age. He has very few event buildings, and any with levels are at level 1. He has fields of Ritual Flames and Watchtowers. He has 32 GBs, but only 10 over level 10. The highest one is a level 16 Deal Castle. His Arc is level 2. Among his collection of questionable GBs, he has a level 3 Colosseum...in Space Age Mars. I can't bear to look at his other two cities if that's his best one.

Lord Pest

So I looked at his 19M point city. It is in SAM. He has several goods buildings of various ages stretching all the way down to Iron Age. He has very few event buildings, and any with levels are at level 1. He has fields of Ritual Flames and Watchtowers. He has 32 GBs, but only 10 over level 10. The highest one is a level 16 Deal Castle. His Arc is level 2. Among his collection of questionable GBs, he has a level 3 Colosseum...in Space Age Mars. I can't bear to look at his other two cities if that's his best one.

Well I’ve been humbled... we could all learn a lot from his city.

Algona

All conversations have been copied and I will do what must do, report it. Good day.

I <3 this poster.

Awful player, overexaggerating or horribly forgetful, and because folks tell him he's wrong on most specifics and every generalization, he's gonna report the thread.

I wonder how much sympathy a freeroller falsely accusing INNO will get from INNO employees?

Outstanding.

I look forward to more from this poster.

Graviton

...It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP...

... Sometimes you need to do what you do best and not sell your soul for the almighty dollar hiding behind the false premise that's what customers want!

Still trying to figure out where the request for help is in there. Had your first couple of posts been anything other than a screed...reworded to something like, "I'm frustrated at my progress, how can I make my city more successful without spending real dollars?", I bet you'd have received lots of good advice. Instead you just came here to complain.

That's pretty much how this forum works: Ask for advice and get it. Rant about how crappy the game and the company is and get roasted. You set the tone, my friend.

All conversations have been copied and I will do what must do, report it. Good day.

So you're going to report this to the same company you created the thread to rail against? That's awesome. Good luck with that. Please do let us know what they say.

Emberguard

when they are supposed to help players
I was asking you what would help you right here:
You said the game is getting more costly and that Inno controls Blueprints, Markets (the goods market?) and Fragments. Ok then, a couple questions on that.
1. What exactly would you need for it to not be costly?
2. Would you be willing to learn from others on how to achieve that for free once you’ve defined what exactly you need to have fun?

If you don’t like those questions fine. But if you want help you’ll need to let us know what would actually help you.

The game can be played quite successfully for free without ever touching money or even advanced Great Buildings. Though if you’re already at SAM then the advanced Great Buildings part is a moot point.

You’re in a position right now where you have one of two choices:
1) get defensive at everyone who disagrees you need money
2) accept the offer for help and skyrocket your progress. I bet it’d be possible for you to gain more progress within this year then you have in the last 12 if you ask for help and apply it diligently. Would that be something you want?

lemur

You might have been playing for a long long time, but in that long long time, you did not really achieve that much. Your stats show you are just a casual player. Mediocre at best.

OP criticizes InnoGames and gets personally attacked in return — by a Forum Moderator, no less. That set the tone for a subsequent feeding frenzy.

The ad hominem fallacy is never justified, no matter how irrational one might think another person's comments are. And the attacks really don't help to further understanding. But they do discourage players from participating on this forum.

icarusethan

without the personal attacks.
with his cities? if i quote agent from his first reply " didn't achieve that much“, it is a compliment instead of a personal attack. since barely anything better can be used to describe those cities.

wolfhoundtoo

So, for those of you that spend your hard earned money for virtual items that is your choice. I prefer to have item in hand when I buy something. I have been playing for about 12 years and watched FOE go from letting you win a whole wishing well to now giving you a fragmentation of one, along with many other items. You could always go to the market and find what you needed, not anymore. They have mastered the tweaking for each individual game play. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game and the players but, money is all they care about. How do you think they spend millions in advertising.

Note to moderator: maybe you haven't played long enough and shouldn't be a monitor with that reply.

As someone else noted you can still win a whole wishing well. I'd like to point out that the pace of special events has increased dramatically since FOE began and so if you can only get parts of a wishing well you still have plenty of free opportunities to get those items. They've also added a Great Building that gives you a chance at getting diamonds from aiding and several event buildings (I can think of 2 for sure) that you can win diamonds with and so you can save those up to help you get free stuff in the events). If you play GBG in the top 2 levels you can also win diamonds that way.

As for the market that depends on your hood, your guild and your friends list as well as the worlds you play. So if you have a halfway decent list from those 3 spots you should be able to find the goods you need relatively quickly. If not then perhaps you should consider a new guild with more active players who want to exchange goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.