• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE has gotten worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on one thing, Inno is still around because people like you spend money on the game. I personally do not, but that does not mean my expertise on the game will be lesser because of the fact that I am taking advantage of the free factors of the game. I do not claim to be an expert, but I am sure there are people that fall in the category of non-spenders that are experts on the game. All spending the extra money for more diamonds does is speed up city growth. You can be an idiot in SAV if you have deep pockets (please note, I am NOT directing this comment towards you, I am just saying spending does not grow your personal knowledge necessarily).

I agree with you. There seems to be a few people that like to comment that by spending money that i must not know how to play, and because they don't spend money, they are superior to me. As qaccy stated above there are dumb and smart players in both the spenders and none spenders. i understand some people don't want to spend money on the game, for whatever reason. That doesn't make me better than them. This just happens to be what I enjoy instead of spending money at the movies, going out for dinner, etc, etc, etc.. I have been playing 6 years now, have made a lot of friends and still love the game enough to continue spending

The Lady Redneck

What is smart and what is dumb comes down to individual perception. I know players who spend a LOT of cash in the game whose knowledge of it is amazing. There is not one aspect of it they have not studied and grasped and they pass that knowledge on to others. I have been playing almost as long as they have (longer than some) but will never match them. I know others who started the game, could not grasp the basics, but thought they were to smart not to be a top player. So they decided to "beat the system" by buying a high end account. OK they went from EMA right to SAM but still doing all the stuff wrong just as we all did as noobs. The difference being, that mistakes we make as new players is accepted as part of the learning process we all go through and are no big deal. We can look back and laugh at the dumb stuff we all did "back in the day". But when you see someone in SAM making noob mistakes and asking noob questions and spending mega bucks thinking they are covering the fact they know nothing.......Well that really sticks out as dumb. But they still see themselves as being the smart ones.

You get others who join a guild take their time and learn the game, get leadership positions, learn what is involved in that. Then go and start their own guild. and put the effort in to get it growing. I think that is the smart way to go. But you get some who play the game for maybe a month, think they have it all worked out and go off and start a guild. They do a lot of bragging, get people to join, but cannot help or teach them how to grow, And they end up as just one more dead guild (there are hundreds of those) But those guys are too dumb to see it is their fault their guild is dead. You could say that those who just sit in those dead guilds are the dumb ones. OK some are. But some are to nervous to try something new. Others just need their imaginations stirred to get them going. And when they do get that push then they jump in and can be good players who will then decide whether or not to spend on the game.. I think INNO is dumb in not looking at ways to address the dead guild issue. But they see the smart thing is to concentrate on those who are more likely to be easy pickings.

BpTexas

You might have been playing for a long long time, but in that long long time, you did not really achieve that much. Your stats show you are just a casual player. Mediocre at best. Could it be that players way more active than you, just bypass you without using money?
I cannot see Stooges stats, but in any case there's no reason for one who's supposed to be thread "moderator to shame him, because wyou may disagree with what he says

BpTexas

I have been playing this game for a long long time. It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE
There are many ways to earn Diamonds as well as advance in the game without spending money. I do think the game overall ahs become more time consuming, but the more time you spend with any activity, the more proficient you'll most likely become with that activity.

I cannot see Stooges stats, but in any case there's no reason for one who's supposed to be thread "moderator to shame him, because wyou may disagree with what he says
I wouldn't say he is shaming him, he is just stating a fact. He may have been a bit blunt, but he was not shaming him.

icarusethan

a sucker is a sucker, you can put one million tile in front of/ behind his name, give him all kind of excuses, he still a sucker

Agent327

It is not meant as shaming, it is just stating a fact. He might have been playing for a long time, but just not really very active. For active players it will be easy to bypass him, even if they have been playing a lot shorter. Players do not have to pay, to move ahead twice as fast as he does. Actually he is the one shaming other players, based on nothing.

Cherokeeks

Everyone has their own unique way to play the game.

Have played for about 4 or 5 months. I have followed my own personal rules since I began.
1. Play for free...Haven't spent a dime
2. Do not plunder. I know this is part of the game and do not hold it against others for doing so, just a personal ethics thing.
3. Minimize social aspect of game. No friends, guilds so far. Friends and Guilds do come at a cost and I just haven't found the time/desire to deal with this aspect as of yet.

Mainly do this because of my main objective.
Main objective = I only play against myself, NOT OTHERS. I find this approach healthy and quite rewarding, i.e. it works for ME.

I have enjoyed this game very much so far. Thank you Inno and all others for the enjoyment! Best of luck to all.

SnowyNinja

Everyone has their own unique way to play the game.

Have played for about 4 or 5 months. I have followed my own personal rules since I began.
1. Play for free...Haven't spent a dime
2. Do not plunder. I know this is part of the game and do not hold it against others for doing so, just a personal ethics thing.
3. Minimize social aspect of game. No friends, guilds so far. Friends and Guilds do come at a cost and I just haven't found the time/desire to deal with this aspect as of yet.

Mainly do this because of my main objective.
Main objective = I only play against myself, NOT OTHERS. I find this approach healthy and quite rewarding, i.e. it works for ME.

I have enjoyed this game very much so far. Thank you Inno and all others for the enjoyment! Best of luck to all.
I agree with your first 2 rules I attack but don't plunder unless quest requires and if so plunder there worst building

Sheldor the Destroyer

so you played that many years and this is what you achieved?
View attachment 18616
i think saying you dont know how to play this game well is a stretch, you are good at playing this game, in the wrong way.
Ditto That.
That is truly amazing. You have been playing years before the game even existed! You must be the very first player of the game.

Note to stooge. Thanks for confirming what I said.
Back to the future.
I have been playing this game for a long long time. It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE
Maybe your just a noob.
The delusion you having about video game world shouldn’t have a wealth gap is just hilarious to me
Ikr
So, for those of you that spend your hard earned money for virtual items that is your choice. I prefer to have item in hand when I buy something. I have been playing for about 12 years and watched FOE go from letting you win a whole wishing well to now giving you a fragmentation of one, along with many other items. You could always go to the market and find what you needed, not anymore. They have mastered the tweaking for each individual game play. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game and the players but, money is all they care about. How do you think they spend millions in advertising.

Note to moderator: maybe you haven't played long enough and shouldn't be a monitor with that reply.
That is truly amazing. Yoou have been playing years before the game even existed! You must be the very first player of the game.

Note to stooge. Thanks for confirming what I said.
2X
Now I will confirm, you're a stooge alright. Change my mind.
You can't.
v Number of points made against you

It's a darn lot
I would put a table of points defending you but then again there aren't any.

Last edited:

Sheldor the Destroyer

Ditto That.

Back to the future.

Maybe your just a noob.

Ikr

2X
Now I will confirm, you're a stooge alright. Change my mind.
You can't.
v Number of points made against you

It's a darn lot
I would put a table of points defending you but then again there aren't any.
Now I do a lot of things, but lying ain't one of 'em.

icarusethan

Bad enough some of you people try to silence others based on their game points, now you're keeping score on the forum. You need a new hobby.
so I guess nba players should listen to a freshman high school kid on how to play basketball too, huh?

Graviton

so I guess nba players should listen to a freshman high school kid on how to play basketball too, huh?

Just gonna double-down on it, huh. You know that points don't mean much in this game, but keep your fingers firmly planted in your ears.

I've asked this before but, surprise, nobody answered it: why don't you post a thread detailing exactly what qualifies someone to post here. Save everyone a lot of time. Maybe you could become a moderator and just delete all the opinions you find unworthy of expression.

Ebeondi Asi

Qualifications required to post in Foe Forum:
Not dead being dead really hinders using the internet to post in the Forum.
Can write in English language. If you type it all in Chinese or Sanskrit not gonna get too far.
Signed up. Can't post if not signed up.
Have played Foe at least long enough to have a little experience. This means you are out of the stone age... well maybe. still in stone age OK.. LOL

DevaCat

Well, after a hiatus you’d think this guy would have become a little easier to take. No such luck.

The op (remember?) asserts that Inno is changing things to make it more pay to play. Maybe. I’m not convinced. But I do know a lot of what I’ve read so far is a bunch of bs posturing from people who presume to tell us what we do and do not know about this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.