• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser1084

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about the FoE Soccer Cup 2016.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser25950

Unfamiliar with the event , unfamiliar with Soccer(Our Football is not Futbol').
Will there be one shot a day? Or is the number of shots dependent on other things?
The Short FAQ did not address this.

Algona

Looking forward to this Event. Also looking forward to amazing misconceptions about probability.

EDIT after the event thread summary.

No where near as much fun as the 2016 Easter Event Feedback Thread. Random whining, some arguing, few people displaying a lack of understanding of probability.

Most substantial complaints were about the interface (OK key on top of buy keys) and the cost of some of the prizes. A lot of complaints about the Event being boring. There were a lot of spinoff threads, mostly whining.

A good number of people liked the Event and did well in scoring their prizes.

Some good jokes. jaelis stole the thread with this gem (post 157):

"It certainly is frustrating when people don't give you enough of the free stuff that you want, I agree."

Last edited:

DeletedUser22367

2 questions:

Is the Golden Chest opened when you select it or is it an item that goes into your inventory to be opened at your leisure?

For the rotating rewards, can you get as many as you can afford during those 6 hours or can you only get it once per 6 hours?

Ylisaveta

Will there be one shot a day? Or is the number of shots dependent on other things?

There is a shot bar, similar to the fp bar, that holds up to 11 shots, 1 shot added per hour if the bar is not full. You can get shot packages (of 5 shots each) from quests or if you win them from the golden chest. You can also buy shots with diamonds, of course. ;P

2 questions:

Is the Golden Chest opened when you select it or is it an item that goes into your inventory to be opened at your leisure?

For the rotating rewards, can you get as many as you can afford during those 6 hours or can you only get it once per 6 hours?

The Golden Chest has several prizes in it, you win one of them when you choose to buy it. Those prizes do not vary. 3 buildings (Soccer Field, Grandstand, Bleachers), SoK, Reno kit, Watchfire, 2 Obs bps, or a shot pkg.

You can buy as many rotating prizes as you can afford.

Belted Will

The example given in the "I've done the 20% shot 5 times, but did not win Cups. Are the chances wrong?" question is, itself, wrong.

If the odds of winning something is 20% per shot, and you take three shots, then the odds of winning *nothing* are the odds of missing the first shot (80%) *and* missing the second shot (80%) *and* missing the third (also 80%). This (0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8) is 51.2%, so the odds of winning *something* (on either the first, second, or third shot, or any combination of them) is 48.8%.

What all that means is that, if you really do do the 20% shot 5 times, you have a 67% chance of winning *something*, although only a 20% chance on each shot.

Welcome to statistics...

DeletedUser8152

The example given in the "I've done the 20% shot 5 times, but did not win Cups. Are the chances wrong?" question is, itself, wrong.
When the example says "If you do 3 shots, the chance will not change to 60%, it remains 20%." it means that the chance of winning on your third shot is 20%. That is correct. As you say, if you decide up front to take 3 shots, your chance of winning something in at least one of the shots is about 50%.

DeletedUser24459

From the announcement...
One more thing that you can't forget about are your fans! You can use their support to increase your chances of scoring goals (this will cost you a few cups though).
How do you do this?

DeletedUser8420

WHAT IS IT WITH THE BIG BLUE PLUSATING ARROW...HERE RECENTLY ON EVENTS YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT WE HAVE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE EVENT BY THESE BIG BLUE ARROWS...STOP IT!!!!

DeletedUser8152

At least this time it goes away immediately after you take one shot. I can live with that.

DeletedUser26262

When you win a shots package where does it go?

Also, is a 1 shots package... 1 shot or a set of 10 shots?

DeletedUser8152

Shot packages are stored in inventory, they are 5 shots each.

planetofthehumans2

If the odds of winning something is 20% per shot, and you take three shots, then the odds of winning *nothing* are the odds of missing the first shot (80%) *and* missing the second shot (80%) *and* missing the third (also 80%). This (0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8) is 51.2%, so the odds of winning *something* (on either the first, second, or third shot, or any combination of them) is 48.8%.

What all that means is that, if you really do do the 20% shot 5 times, you have a 67% chance of winning *something*, although only a 20% chance on each shot.

Welcome to statistics...
Well I just did the 20% shot 10 times and won nothing. So there's that.

DeletedUser18225

WHAT IS IT WITH THE BIG BLUE PLUSATING ARROW...HERE RECENTLY ON EVENTS YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT WE HAVE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE EVENT BY THESE BIG BLUE ARROWS...STOP IT!!!!
For some odd reason you felt the need to use a Huge, Bold, Bright font to make your point. Perhaps, you made FOE's point for them... just sayin'

DeletedUser25166

My 20% shot guy has a seizure every time over the ball. Not 1 in. Yet on 5% hit, 10% hit.

Relicforce7

Unfamiliar with the event , unfamiliar with Soccer(Our Football is not Futbol').
The Short FAQ did not address this.

This has to be the absolute WORST Soccer player in the history of the sport. He appears to have some kind of seizure when approaching the ball. He couldn't make the shot without a goalie and the goal net twice the size. I understand changing the percentages of scoring but let's get realistic, I real football player would never miss his shots so wildly or consistently. Relax the percentage algorithm slightly and give us all a better chance of making a goal especially when we appear to be standing right in front of the net.

DeletedUser8152

This has to be the absolute WORST Soccer player in the history of the sport. He appears to have some kind of seizure when approaching the ball. He couldn't make the shot without a goalie and the goal net twice the size. I understand changing the percentages of scoring but let's get realistic, I real football player would never miss his shots so wildly or consistently. Relax the percentage algorithm slightly and give us all a better chance of making a goal especially when we appear to be standing right in front of the net.
If you disable the animation you might feel better.