• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser9184

There is no known schedule of the timed prizes. The order is also changed from Beta so which prizes will appear next is unknown.

DeletedUser21046

This was one of the worse events so far. It was long, tedious, horrible prizes, and very little choice. There was one event that may have been worse, but apparently I have suppressed that information. I would prefer fewer more awesome events than the steady stream of mediocre Forge of Events. Sorry, Inno, two thumbs down in a circle with a Z.

DeletedUser26154

I appreciate the work Inno put into giving us the FoE Soccer Cup. I'll be the first to admit it lacked the zing of other events. Smart, thoughtful, patient shoppers cleaned up on Watchfires, Medals, Victory Towers, and what ever else they figured worth it. The FoE Soccer Cup benefited players who spend money because it was more of a shopping event than anything else, and I'm never against shopping events. They gotta pay the bills.

We all have our opinions on how it could have been better. It was better than anything I could have come up with. Inno has my thanks. And I look forward to the next events.

Algona

I enjoyed this event. Thanks INNO! I scored all the Watchfires I wanted at this time, 2 reno Kits, medals for 1.5 expansions, and another HoF. Good times, despite massive missing streaks to start and end the Event. .

Thank you Glarg for the most excellent advice! Once I understood how to approach this Event I enjoyed the play.

A few fixes for the next time around.

Move the shot missed acknowledgement window away from the 'action' buttons.

I think the chest needs a couple tweaks. Winning 5 shots for 700 Cups seemed pretty awful; either take it out or increase it dramatically. 15 Shots?? 25? Also an alternate prize for Obs BPs would be nice.

Make the Event timer in the Shots bar much brighter. Make sure people know exactly when the Event is ending. Maybe one of those annoying sticky system messages the day before? Or the bouncing blue arrow of annoyance pointing at the timer in the lar 24 hours?

Thanks again, INNO. See you in Russia in 2 years.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

I did the chest in some of my cities last night. In one city I hit it 3 times and got 3 soccer fields. That was the pits. In others I got lots of obs blueprints, but since I didn't have an observatory, I can't' say it disappointed me. I actually did get a shrine in a couple of the cities and a reno kit In none of the 5 cities did I get all 3 of the new buildings that I can recall. I normally got more than 1 of at least one of them though. I think I did get a shot package or 2. Actually, I did beetter than I expected, but no, I would not do this event again in all 6 cities. I would only do it if I needed watchfires or medals. It was too much of a nuisance to me.

DeletedUser11463

I play in 2 worlds and got the soccer field 4 times in 1 and 3 times in the other. So looks like I'll have a few more items in inventory to sit there. One change that would be nice would be to allow for some type of add on bonus if you build the soccer field, 2 bleachers and 2 grandstands. It completes the picture and would perhaps make the thing more worth it. Right now the bazaar is better than the soccer field because it offers better prize options.

Overall, though, it was a pretty good event. I did get plenty of medals (4 late age expansions total in 2 worlds). That alone was about 9-12 months of regular play received in a few weeks. I also got watch towers and a couple reno kits. Sure some things were way overpriced (rogue hideouts and champs buildings) but as a whole it was a good event.

Algona

One change that would be nice would be to allow for some type of add on bonus if you build the soccer field, 2 bleachers and 2 grandstands. It completes the picture and would perhaps make the thing more worth it.

Big-Bendz, that is a fabulous idea. INNO, if you don't take anything else out of this thread, grab this. This is an idea you can build on for years.