• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup event feedback

Algona

Sam, I like your current strategy, not sure about teaming up.

FOE is demanding a lot for prizes in the soccer event. 6000 is asking a lot for SoK, WW, HoF. it will take you the entire event to get that.

Wasn't plannin' on any of the expensive prizes, I'm all about watchfires this event, The 1 I have is lonely and doesn't provide quite enough lite. I'm hoping to give it 19 siblings.

DeletedUser9433

I'm playing on two servers, and I have a rogue's hideout on both, plus a watchfire and several victory towers each. I've earned about 3k more on one server than the other. I have not been particularly lucky, I am just running the odds. I pay attention to the expected value of each shot. The expected value of the 100% shot is always 10 cups. The others vary. When the 20% shot is 50 then it is 10 cups, too, and so is the 10% shot when it is 100, and the 5% shot when it is 200. When the 5% shot is 400 then the expected value is 20 cups, so it is good deal. In general, I take the shot with the highest expected value, and I try to save shots for higher expected value. When the expected value is 20 cups, I take a lot of shots, and start using the packages.

There must be a scheme to improve the odds even more by teaming with someone. I think that if two people are both playing on the same shot at the same time, the expected value will be higher because each is boosting the score. Yes, one will win and the other will lose, but losing is the same as running out of balls and having to start again later. I've never arranged to do this, but I've noticed that when the score on the 5% shot gets high (400 or better) then other people will probably be playing it at the same time as I am.
Pretty sure your EV decreases by half immediately upon the addition of another player but increases incrementally until the total number of cups has doubled from the point where you both started shooting.

DeletedUser8152

Pretty sure your EV decreases by half immediately upon the addition of another player but increases incrementally until the total number of cups has doubled from the point where you both started shooting.
Nah, your EV is still the same per shot. If you plan to spend 10 shots and the other player does too, then your total EV goes down since you are less likely to win, but that is somewhat made up for by the the fact that the jackpot increases faster.

1731 Juan Andres

That's why Christmas Event is the sweet spot to get those prizes that are too high in Soccer Event. SOK, HOF, WW, and Revo Kit all are cheaper and you can get as much you can at Christmas. Soccer Event appeared to be a good deal for Watchfires, Medals package for expansions, and Victory towers.
Thanks for putting things in perspective for me. I see a much clearer picture now, and understand how to plan my next moves to better my City and help my guild. Much gratitude cbalto1927 :)

DeletedUser16731

Extremely unhappy with this years event! I opened the golden chest and got blueprints 4 times in a row what a waste of cups Blueprints coins and supplies are not prizes I get them in surplus every day! Also shot package sucks had that last week, 5 shots??? should be 50 that's a prize. If inno can do any better than this why bother having an event!