• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE tricked us

Lord West

This year we got tricked for Halloween. FOE gives us the Daunting Tower and Haunted Tree. I've been playing since 2013 and have ZERO desire to place either one of them in my cities. They did however offer a nice exchange at the Antiques Dealer. This is their ONLY real value. I spent a lot of tickets (luckily no diamonds) just to get them for trading. I have 15 of towers in one of my inventories. Now, they decide to not allow them to be traded. I will NEVER place a LIMITED building in any of my cities. The antique value was like getting a refund for someone's bad idea. Can we at least get trading turned back on for a few days to make up for the time we wasted collecting this trash? Because that is the button that is getting pushed for limited buildings if the trade button is removed.

Ebeondi Asi

Just like the extra Attack boost from the Castle they gave and then removed. Tough luck.
The fact is, they can change the game any way they feel like. at any time. Enjoy.

Lord West

That would make them the only buildings that could not be traded. I don't know if the others were because I never wanted any and never tried to get any before this. I do believe this is the first event that they can be obtained without the diamond line rewards. I never bought the 1200 diamond rewards mainly because I wanted nothing to do with limited buildings.

Last edited:

Dursland

Now, they decide to not allow them to be traded. I will NEVER place a LIMITED building in any of my cities.
It's like using a 30% attack boost item, only you have to dedicate a 1x1 space to each 50% boost. Look at it as a disposable item and not a building.

Second, I'm glad they are making those limited time buildings because they are part of the 'premium' package for diamond players in events. Would you want to see every diamond player out there with a permanent forge fountain? No thank you, let's keep them limited.

Lord West

First thing, I am not bothered by existence of the buildings. It's the not allowing them to be traded. More specifically allowing them to be and stopping it in the middle of an event. The game has to make money to exist if players want to buy a limited building then let them but let everyone else that hates these things trade them off. Some people might even pay to get them just to trade them.

Second, I don't even use attack boosts I trade them off too. A none stackable 30% boost is a drop in the bucket and even less for others. In that light you can see the use for stackable 50% limited boosts for diamond players but of little use to some of us.

Pericles the Lion

This year we got tricked for Halloween. FOE gives us the Daunting Tower and Haunted Tree. I've been playing since 2013 and have ZERO desire to place either one of them in my cities. They did however offer a nice exchange at the Antiques Dealer. This is their ONLY real value. I spent a lot of tickets (luckily no diamonds) just to get them for trading. I have 15 of towers in one of my inventories. Now, they decide to not allow them to be traded. I will NEVER place a LIMITED building in any of my cities. The antique value was like getting a refund for someone's bad idea. Can we at least get trading turned back on for a few days to make up for the time we wasted collecting this trash? Because that is the button that is getting pushed for limited buildings if the trade button is removed.
No trickery involved. The limited buildings from the other 2022 Events could not be stored or traded. If the DT was able to be traded earlier in the Event (and I'm not saying that it was) it must have been a bug. Caveat emptor

Dursland

Ok hear me out hear me out. If you didn't want the Daunting Tower, then why did you spend so much on getting a lot? Should've just gone for a daily special you want lol
He said he wanted AD coins, and I'm assuming gems too. Yeah that is bad luck. I would write to support and explain that you got them specifically to sell in AD and once inno changed that they were useless to you. See what they say?

Odds are slim they can do something but in this instance it is a bug and inno's fault so they might be able to compensate you. Be sure you put all that in the ticket - that you got them for AD and that it's inno's bug etc.

wolfhoundtoo

He also said he didn't spend any diamonds so I doubt they'll compensate him for what is essentially an ingame resource loss. I don't believe they usually do much to replace such losses.

Dursland

He also said he didn't spend any diamonds so I doubt they'll compensate him for what is essentially an ingame resource loss. I don't believe they usually do much to replace such losses.
One time I lost my advanced era troops because of the game crashing and they gave them back to me, so it's at least possible.

I would at least ask for the towers to be removed and tickets refunded. It's a long shot but I would try.

UBERhelp1

The Daunting Tower is exactly the same as a 30% attack tavern boost for 24 hours and a 20% potion. Each measures off your base and not your boosted amount so it's much less than you think it is.
I don't think the point has ever been in placing 1. But you could place 2 for a 100% boost, 4 for 200%, you only need 10 for 500%. It's like a scalable placeable attack boost.

Oswyn the noble

You get a Haunted Tree for finishing the calendar. I think that's the only one you can get for free. They don't appear as specials, only in the premium grand prize line.
Premium! Gone are the days when i invested too much real money in game. ive got 2 DTs in main city...saving for maybe clear lvl 4 ge, which i never did before