• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Black Friday Feedback

empirebuilder79

The Black Friday event was short lived, not many players got a chance to participate, and the items offered had a limit of 3 for the most sought after like the Tholos of Idols, I hope Innogames does better for cyber Monday if they have anything planned, still need 5 more upgrades for the Tholos

DeletedUser

What you're all missing is that for once people would be right to call this "event" a shameless money grab by Inno. You're also assuming that I'm standing up for Inno with my comments. I'm not. I'm ridiculing the complaints here because they're ridiculous, not because I think the "event" was decent. It was crap. And complaining that crap didn't last long enough is mock-worthy.

DeletedUser29623

I would like to have seen more upgrades -- an all-upgrade Black Friday sale that lasted at least 12 hours would be ideal. But for me, personally, it was great. I got the only upgrades I really needed and a Sunken Treasure I didn't even expect to have a shot at.

Emberguard

I play four worlds and average 5-600 diamonds per week. And start to boycott these ridiculous events where they put an impossible amount of upgrades that cannot be obtained without spending MASSIVE amounts of diamonds.
What specifically is giving you problems for the events and gathering upgrades? When I focus on 1-2 worlds for an event I have no problems completing it for free. Any more then that and I struggle to complete the quests necessary due to time constraints - at which point I dump the side worlds and focus purely on the main worlds. Even on a side world that has never had diamond expenditure and only uses current age GBs I managed to complete a lvl 10 Tholos with 75% of the questline complete only using questline currency.

Does it become significantly harder somehow in later ages? I'm in Industrial

By my estimation, out of the 3 event currency options they give to buy with diamonds currently in your stock - the amount of diamonds your getting would be enough for one round of the highest event currency diamond pack for a main event every 4-6 weeks (depending on max amount obtained and expenditure on GE/quick collect). Probably about 1/5th of a event building from what I've observed when trying for additional buildings over the last year

Last edited:

DeletedUser6120

My feedback is that nothing I saw was worth spending Diamonds on. Of course, I spent this holiday weekend day mostly with my family, so there's that. Seriously, though, if it's over it's over. People are getting mad because it ended without a personal message from Inno? Talk about first world problems. And then there's this guy:

You are either not paying attention, or you are seriously out of touch with game reality. The King and Queen only give coins and they can be plundered. The Shrine of Knowledge gives coins, but if motivated it gives a FP also. And if motivated, it can't be plundered. Every serious player in this game has multiple SoKs in their cities, many have dozens. You need some serious game advice help if you think the King or Queen are anywhere near as valuable in your city as the SoK. (Neither of the other Shrines are worth having, especially the Shrine of Inspiration.)

I am afraid that we must agree to disagree. I have been playing FoE for many years now, and I stand by my opinions. I frankly find the Shrines to be a waste of time. You mention that they produce forge points. Yes, they produce one, whole, entire forge point every 24 hours. Am I supposed to get excited by that? I have special buildings that produce dozens of forge points every day. Shines are like the Victory Towers, that give a tiny handful of medals once a week. I cannot imagine more useless buildings. If there are players who have given over space in their cities to build many dozens of Shrines, that is fine. That is their right and business, not mine. I would never tell another player how to play their game or build their city. But my personal opinion is that I would not give Shines any room in my cities. I would be more than happy if I could give away all of the Shrines and Victory Towers cluttering up my inventory. As for the King and Queen, they produce coins, the same as the Shrines. I believe that I called them "moderate", and they are but they are certainly not generous. The advantage that they have, to my way of thinking, is that they are beautiful to look at. I like to have things in my cities that are valuable, but are also attractive and interesting. The Shrines look like a bunch of dried, brown, twigs tied together-----a long way from attractive. While I realize that many players prefer to build strictly according to what is most valuable, I look for value, but also for appearance, color, animation, interest and all over attractiveness. That is my own particular way of playing the game and building my cities. It would not suit everyone, but it does suit me.

DeletedUser6120

The Black Friday event was short lived, not many players got a chance to participate, and the items offered had a limit of 3 for the most sought after like the Tholos of Idols, I hope Innogames does better for cyber Monday if they have anything planned, still need 5 more upgrades for the Tholos

I would adore seeing a Cyber Monday market, especially if it offered more upgrades. I need exactly one more upgrade to get a Ship to the highest level! Can you imagine how frustrating that is? And would love to get my Tholos up further than level 5, and my Grand Bridge up higher than level 3.

I would love to see some special buildings, like the Black Tower offered. And renovation and one up kits would be terrific. But I would most of all like to see the upgrades.

DeletedUser6120

If you are unhappy with your purchase, please open a ticket and write Support. I will always do my best to assist you.

I believe that this person bought the chest not realizing that they could find out what was in it by mousing over the offer, before buying.

DeletedUser34800

I frankly find the Shrines to be a waste of time. You mention that they produce forge points. Yes, they produce one, whole, entire forge point every 24 hours. Am I supposed to get excited by that? I have special buildings that produce dozens of forge points every day. Shines are like the Victory Towers, that give a tiny handful of medals once a week. I cannot imagine more useless buildings

Wow. Just....wow. There's a reason that almost all the top players have fields of SoKs in their cities. Because they are considered one of the best buildings in the game.

Whatever though. You do you and enjoy your city. Just don't spread your....playstyle choices. You'll make bad players.

I like to build things I enjoy looking at as well, believe me. Pond of Fall, Tigers Den, and more. But SoKs are still in my city where I can fit them because they're awesome buildings.

Emberguard

The SoK has more value to someone who isn't spending diamonds then someone who buys diamonds. The reason it's considered valuable is the amount of space taken for the FPs given. Few can match it.

If you're willing to spend the money you could fill your city with something just as effective on the FPs plus goods and other stuff. (Like the Tholos or Ship)

But most won't. And just like the Sacred Sky Watch, it's foolish to avoid placing it entirely if you have nothing else that match it on your person. If you never use it then it has no more value in your inventory then deleting it, and if the end goal is to use something more efficient you might as well make use of what you have in the mean time and then delete it when you can replace it.

[edit] as far as victory towers (VT) go, it's production beats everything else other then the Arc. It just happens to be limited to Medals.

If you're calculating purely the output on a medal building compared to a VT you'll get the same result. But once paths are factored in the VT wins. Not only that but if I miss a day I've lost medals on a 24hr building. The VT on the other hand I don't have to worry about for a week. It won't lose remotely as much production for missing a day or two at the end of that week as the equivalent alternative 24 hr building

While I would never recommend filling your city with VTs just anywhere, I would absolutely recommend you use them on any dead space that can't be filled with anything else. Namely the ends of roads. This changes land that is producing nothing into being productive in something (not to mention not everyone has a lvl 80 arc)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

I place every SOK I get, but truth be told they are ugly buildings. Victory Tower is uglier, but the forthcoming upgrades will fix that a bit. It would be nice to get an upgrade to the shrines so thatthey no longer looked like a pile of broomsticks, even if all it did was bump the coin output.

DeletedUser35836

Right now they are offering a second chance to buy the 5 SOKs I passed on, I am not interested, I have several SOKS in my inventory that I am waiting for expansions to use them, What I want is that last Tholos upgrade!

DeletedUser

Right now they are offering a second chance to buy the 5 SOKs I passed on, I am not interested, I have several SOKS in my inventory that I am waiting for expansions to use them, What I want is that last Tholos upgrade!
They're offering me a chance to buy 3 Reno Kits. No thanks.

DeletedUser35836

I think we all got the Reno offer. still hoping for a repeat of the Tholos offer, not really interested in anything else at this point.