• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Black Friday Sale Feedback

RazorbackPirate

They give a discount on overpriced stuff that with that discount is still way overpriced. Only those that spend a ridiculous amount of diamonds may be slightly interested. Why not just target them and stop bothering the players with common sense?

Every year the feedback is that it is all way overpriced. What's the use of feedback if you never learn from it?
If the Black Friday Sale wasn't producing the results they wanted, Inno would change it. Yet every year they keep doing it the same way. Could it be that those who think this way are the vocal minority? Could it be that we never hear from the large silent majority that actually buys?

DayMan92

Is it only one offer at a time? Or do the two hourly offers start stacking up?

I ask as I'm in almost the opposite timezone, so I'll likely be asleep if there actually are any offers worthwhile

Algona

If the Black Friday Sale wasn't producing the results they wanted, Inno would change it. Yet every year they keep doing it the same way. Could it be that those who think this way are the vocal minority? Could it be that we never hear from the large silent majority that actually buys?

Of course you're right, but do you think logic could possibly sway someone who could make these two posts?

Fair is what is been decided between two players that trade.

overpriced stuff that with that discount is still way overpriced.

Agent327

Could it be that that large silent majority is to stupid to realize they can get exactly the same items from the AD?

qaccy

Could it be that that large silent majority is to stupid to realize they can get exactly the same items from the AD?

Something being available in one area doesn't mean it can never be available anywhere else, y'know.

DeletedUser35470

#1 First offer holding true as absolutely ridiculous. There is no actual store to hit during the year to see how much a black tower would "go for regularly" so it's just a silly facade of a sale. 995 diamonds for an item that is in the AD regularly that sells for 3-10K trade coins is not worth more than 100 diamonds. /facepalm

#2 Second offering is just as much of an absolute waste of an hour. A Pond of Fall for 240 diamonds?

#3 Sunken Treasure for 995 Diamonds? These are in the daily list for the AD for next to nothing. Love these buildings as they are nice small production building for any age - but definitely not worth the "sale" price.

#4 Mystery Chest. With a 45% for a reno kit that is almost worth 500 diamonds. I'm sure for people with diamond farms the wishing well or shrink kit is appreciated. However, 200 goods for 500 diamonds? No thanks.

#5 Medals. I know there are folks that will pick this up because they don't have Arc 80 and a 5-10K FP bank to invest with where they can get all their medal expansions in a moderate guild on a 1.85 or 1.9 thread in less than a month. I don't understand it, but I know it is a thing. So, for 295 diamonds they'll go for 2100 medals and more power to them for doing so! As for me....5th waste of another two hours. This one is actually up for 1 full hour, though.

#6 Mill of Fall - yet another regular on AD. Not getting it, Inno. Another Mill of Fall Lv 1 just went for 7K trade coins which is kind of high from what I've been seeing lately.

#7 Dark Doorway - again another regular on AD. This one is worth something, though - somewhere between 15 and 40K trade coins. 1485 diamonds? Nope. 2700 diamonds "regular price"? Absolutely not!

#8 Pagoda. Cool to see this one. For the price I won't buy the base and 3 upgrades I need, but good play on this one.

#9 Ya nailed it. Something that is always for sale for diamonds and is actually at a discount. Congrats! 50 FP for 995 diamonds.

So far nothing has been up for two hours. It does seem like there is two hours between most items but two items did overlap for about 15 minutes so far. Most have been offered for 20-30 minutes max on PC - I suppose that was me catching the offers 30-40 minutes after they started? Since the first few I've witnessed the other offers up for 60 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScreamingZiva

#1 First offer holding true as absolutely ridiculous. There is no actual store to hit during the year to see how much a black tower would "go for regularly" so it's just a silly facade of a sale. 995 diamonds for an item that is in the AD regularly that sells for 3-10K trade coins is not worth more than 100 diamonds. /facepalm
Although I like these sales, this is one of my biggest complaints about them. How can you advertise something at a "discounted" price when it's never available at regular price in a store on a regular basis?

RazorbackPirate

Or they're new or poor players who don't have enough stuff to exchange? Regardless, it doesn't matter. The Black Friday Sale is obviously hitting the revenue goals Inno has for it. Might also be with this being the first year with the AD, the BFS will miss expectations. If so, we may see a change next year.

Dikkon

It started at 7? I can't see anything new to bring me to the actual sale. (nevermind. Logged back in a couple times and it popped up)

Last edited:

DeletedUser33493

It started at 7? I can't see anything new to bring me to the actual sale.
Not only have the items been thrash, but last year the auctions atleast showed up on schedule & the icon was visible on mobile. The items don't show up correctly for me either.

Laughing at Inno's so-called Black Friday Sale. What a crock! Bunch of crud I've either deleted or wouldn't have in the first place -- and those prices -- sale BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

qaccy

While I no longer have a use for them in my own city, I think the Sunken Treasure is actually a really good building and for the price as well.

qaccy

Roflmao $20 is a good price . Maybe $2 is a good price $20 is a rip-off .

You have to consider the diamond prices of everything else in the game as well. 995 diamonds is indeed a pretty good deal compared to the diamond prices for 'ordinary' premium buildings, BPs for GBs, FP, goods, healing units, completing buildings instantly, or what the diamond costs tend to be for buying stuff during events outside of what's available for free. You may disagree, but all of these prices are more or less relative to each other and that's how Inno prices things rather than doing each thing in a vacuum.

Algona

Roflmao $20 is a good price . Maybe $2 is a good price $20 is a rip-off .

Well, I guess. But who the heck needs money? INNO gives out Diamonds.

Mrs. 'Gona was looking over my shoulder the other day, asked what are Diamonds? I explained they are in game currency. She's a gamer, made the connection immediately and asked how much I paid for the 20K Diamonds I have in stock?

Not a cent... Happily was in GE IV and I was able to demonstrate. She saw me make 25 Diamonds, asked how oftern that happens, did some math, and told me what a sick bastard I am for playing so much.

Anyway, think it through peeps.

If INNO wants to sell stuff and folks want to buy that stuff and it lets me, err, I mean, so many people keep playing for free, why don;t you all stfu and count your blessings that other folk are paying for my cheap ass, err, I mean , other folks?

What is it about money that incapacitates people who are normally bright?

Agent327

Wrong!! There is no store, but there are individual offers and it has been offered before.

#4 Mystery Chest. With a 45% for a reno kit that is almost worth 500 diamonds. I'm sure for people with diamond farms the wishing well or shrink kit is appreciated.

Why? They do not need thenm for the diamond farms and can get plenty on their main world.

Although I like these sales, this is one of my biggest complaints about them. How can you advertise something at a "discounted" price when it's never available at regular price in a store on a regular basis?

It is offered at a regular prize. Has been offered several times allready. The regular prize they mention is correct.

Or they're new or poor players who don't have enough stuff to exchange? Regardless, it doesn't matter. The Black Friday Sale is obviously hitting the revenue goals Inno has for it. Might also be with this being the first year with the AD, the BFS will miss expectations. If so, we may see a change next year.

Players that do not have enough stuff to exchange, but do have enough money to buy? Does that really make sense to you?

I am on here daily and I have never seen the Black Tower in the AD.

Black Tower is sold for 25,920 trade coins + 68 gemstones and in auction the bidding start at 6,330. I have seen it come around multiple times.