• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Black Friday Sale Feedback

DeletedUser40110

When I see a Black Friday special, I expect it to be something overly special. Once a year type of thing, especially a sale that is only available for a very limited time, in this case two hours. I get the notification on my phone, and now regret allowing Inno this privilege. I pull of the road to a safe spot to login to the game and see that for 295 diamonds I can get 2100 medals? What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41157

Wrong!! There is no store, but there are individual offers and it has been offered before.
I'm going to have to argue this. Occasional offers don't make a "regular price". A "regular" price means that it is "regularly" available for purchase. Also every time I've seen things available for purchase, they are always at a "discount." You can't have a discount on something that isn't normally for sale.

Algona

When I see a Black Friday special, I expect it to be something overly special. Once a year type of thing, especially a sale that is only available for a very limited time, in this case two hours. I get the notification on my phone, and now regret allowing Inno this privilege. I pull of the road to a safe spot to login to the game and see that for 295 diamonds I can get 2100 medals? What a joke.

What reality are you in? Can I join or at least get the trasndimensional coordinates?

'Cause the reality I'm in has a never ending bombardment of daily claims of "best sale of the year" starting Jan1 including "Black Friday in (insert any month of the year)" through Dec 31. Getting pissed at INNO because they actually do a 'Black Friday Sale ' on Black Friday seems kinda silly overreaction.

Who knows best what they are doing when it comes to sales?

The company that makes $160 M per year or the client who hangs around to be insulted?

Just log off and never come back. That'll show INNO!

Super Catanian

What reality are you in? Can I join or at least get the trasndimensional coordinates?

'Cause the reality I'm in has a never ending bombardment of daily claims of "best sale of the year" starting Jan1 including "Black Friday in (insert any month of the year)" through Dec 31. Getting pissed at INNO because they actually do a 'Black Friday Sale ' on Black Friday seems kinda silly overreaction.

The company that makes $160 M per year or the client who hangs around to be insulted?

While INNO can't really jump off a cliff, you can always do the near equivalent. Just log off and never come back. That'll show INNO!
I am @Super Catanian, and I approve of this message.

Agent327

I'm going to have to argue this. Occasional offers don't make a "regular price". A "regular" price means that it is "regularly" available for purchase. Also every time I've seen things available for purchase, they are always at a "discount." You can't have a discount on something that isn't normally for sale.

You can argue all you want, but if you want to it is always smart to know what you are talking about. You have been playing for somewhere around 3 months. Chance that you have had any regular offers is highly unlikely. Unless ofcourse you are playing on other servers, but still if you have been playing for a longer period of time you would have known.

DeletedUser33493

There's a lot of inno fanboys on here trying to defend these bad items. Players are not wrong for complaining that nothing yet has been worth buying at even 1/2 the asking price. Maybe inno is saving the better items for the end, but it is reasonable for players to want an upgrade from a recent event bldg (as far back as the pagodas), a guaranteed Reno kit, or similar quality item.

So how many of these items have you defenders actually bought? Zero? That's what I thought.

DeletedUser37581

So how many of these items have you defenders actually bought? Zero? That's what I thought.
Inno doesn't care about how many items I buy, or how many items you buy. If these sales fail to meet their income goals, they will make changes as necessary. But more than likely, there are plenty of people shelling out the big bucks to get the items they want. And those are the people that make the game free-to-play for the rest of us.

Think of it like going to a specialty store and finding a nice item you like, but the price is outrageous. You can complain to management about it, but unless you've got another source from which to buy that item, you are pretty much stuck with either 1) paying their price, or 2) doing without. Fortunately, for the items that Inno sells, it is almost always possible to acquire the item by other means if you have the patience.

Algona

So how many of these items have you defenders actually bought? Zero?

Exactly right. Know what I bought this Black Friday? A candy bar, a couple bottles of pop, and some fresh horse radish for the prime rib I'm cooking tonite.

I'm not pissed off at the rest of the world because they are spending money on things I don't want or need.

Nor am i pissed off at the companies selling stuff I don't want or need.

My first question to you is why are you and others offended that INNO is selling stuff to people who want to buy the stuff?

----------

My second question to all you folk upset about this:

When are you going to think through the implications of what happens to what is essentially a free to play game if INNO sells that you want at a price you are willing to pay?

'Cause it;s obvious as hell you folks crying in your free beer haven't done any thinking about this.

DeletedUser35836

Last year‘s special was actually better - got some Tholos upgrades and another ship. Nothing even remotely interesting this time,

DeletedUser42620

I don't know how much money it takes to keep this site going, but selling diamonds most likely goes to cover cost. This is the only online game I've ever seen that actually allows players to go as far as they want without some hidden cost that doesn't show up when the player starts. Granted, its slow going, but it is possible. So far I have not bought any diamonds, so I can't speak to whether or not they are overpriced. Part of this game seems to be dependant on patience, slowly accruing supplies and goods, rebuilding cities etc. Buying diamonds is by choice, not necessity. One could argue that the high place narrows the gap between players who buy diamonds and those who don't. It might make buyers less apt to buy large quantities of diamonds, thereby evening the playing field.

DeletedUser40110

While INNO can't really jump off a cliff, you can always do the near equivalent. Just log off and never come back. That'll show INNO!
Not really pissed just it’s laughable. So are you Inno shill.

DeletedUser40110

Inno doesn't care about how many items I buy, or how many items you buy. If these sales fail to meet their income goals, they will make changes as necessary. But more than likely, there are plenty of people shelling out the big bucks to get the items they want. And those are the people that make the game free-to-play for the rest of us.

Think of it like going to a specialty store and finding a nice item you like, but the price is outrageous. You can complain to management about it, but unless you've got another source from which to buy that item, you are pretty much stuck with either 1) paying their price, or 2) doing without. Fortunately, for the items that Inno sells, it is almost always possible to acquire the item by other means if you have the patience.
And I agree with the complaints.

DeletedUser38157

The sad reality is that macro transactions targeted at whales bring in more $ than micro transactions targeted at the typical player. So we're stuck with insultingly high prices, because the whales keep the game afloat. Many studies have been done on this. If they dropped prices to a fraction of what they are and got thousands of more purchases, they'd lose money comparative to the high price model that whales don't mind. And this practice, while lucrative, is what is getting so much negative attention toward game companies that employ it. Especially when it comes to random rewards like lootboxes, or as Inno calls them, "Mystery box".

I make good money, but the value proposition just isn't there for me to buy any of these items on "sale".

DeletedUser

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are only available for purchase occasionally (and so are a lot of other things), but when they are available for purchase there is definitely a "regular price" and therefore the possibility of a discount from that regular price. So this is an argument that you will lose because your feelings about the discounted prices is not equivalent to actual facts about such prices.

If they dropped prices to a fraction of what they are and got thousands of more purchases, they'd lose money comparative to the high price model that whales don't mind.
And if they dropped prices more and got thousands more purchases, what would that do to game balance? Hint: Making all these sale items too easily obtained would destroy game balance. There's no point in playing a game where everything is given to you and there's no strategy or even thinking involved.

qaccy

I think an important thing to keep in mind as well is that for some players, none of these deals actually cost them anything anyway. Inno didn't make any money from diamonds that were obtained for free, no matter what they're spent on. It's only gotten easier over the years to amass large stockpiles of these free diamonds, as well. Of course, diamonds have many things they can be used on, but outside of buying expansions what else is there that's good? Most of these offers were decent expenditures even if they weren't discounted at all, especially if the diamonds being used cost nothing.

RazorbackPirate

I think an important thing to keep in mind as well is that for some players, none of these deals actually cost them anything anyway. Inno didn't make any money from diamonds that were obtained for free, no matter what they're spent on. It's only gotten easier over the years to amass large stockpiles of these free diamonds, as well. Of course, diamonds have many things they can be used on, but outside of buying expansions what else is there that's good? Most of these offers were decent expenditures even if they weren't discounted at all, especially if the diamonds being used cost nothing.
This is my opinion of the Reindeer offer in the Winter Event. I have 2 cities, neither a diamond farm. Both have just aged up, diamond expansions down. Between GE IV weekly, Crows Nest, and now GBG, I'm just 70 free diamonds short of 5K. It's entirely possible that by the end of the event, I'll have the 6K needed to purchase the Reindeer offer in both cities at the end of the event. Not saying I'll buy it, but I will have enough free diamonds to decide if I want to buy it or not. Even if I do, I spent no money, they'll still be free.

I also have no problems with anyone who decides to spend real money, that's what let's me play entirely for free. Spend on Garth, spend on Wayne.

Flavius Belisarius

They give a discount on overpriced stuff that with that discount is still way overpriced. Only those that spend a ridiculous amount of diamonds may be slightly interested. Why not just target them and stop bothering the players with common sense?

Every year the feedback is that it is all way overpriced. What's the use of feedback if you never learn from it?
They are only "overpriced" if the items offered are required for game play, they are not. Many players succeed without them. Yes, people can choose to take the easy path to success by spending currency. That is their choice.
Lowering the prices for non-diamond users would undercut the value the diamond users placed on their purchase of diamonds. Not a good business move for INNO. Additionally, the competitive balance would be shifted to making diamond acquisition a necessity, causing many players to withdraw from the game.
Some players have organized their play to acquire diamonds with minimal or no expenditure of currency.
You can spend currency directly in the diamond store for diamonds, Army Packs, Resource Packs, Building Packs, and occasionally various other items (FP, coins, Vic Towers, etc.).
The occasional offers for unique items, like the current Black Friday sale, provide an opportunity to quickly acquire items through the expenditure of diamonds offered at the price INNO feels appropriate to their business model, that is exactly what they should be doing.
I just would like INNO to offer more items using their current pricing schedule.

Flavius Belisarius

They are only "overpriced" if the items offered are required for game play, they are not. Many players succeed without them. Yes, people can choose to take the easy path to success by spending currency. That is their choice.
Lowering the prices for non-diamond users would undercut the value the diamond users placed on their purchase of diamonds. Not a good business move for INNO. Additionally, the competitive balance would be shifted to making diamond acquisition a necessity, causing many players to withdraw from the game.
Some players have organized their play to acquire diamonds with minimal or no expenditure of currency.
You can spend currency directly in the diamond store for diamonds, Army Packs, Resource Packs, Building Packs, and occasionally various other items (FP, coins, Vic Towers, etc.).
The occasional offers for unique items, like the current Black Friday sale, provide an opportunity to quickly acquire items through the expenditure of diamonds offered at the price INNO feels appropriate to their business model, that is exactly what they should be doing.
I just would like INNO to offer more items using their current pricing schedule.
What I'd really like is a chance to pick up on Upgrades to Special Event Buildings......

DeletedUser41065

Here is my feedback:
1. There were very few offers.
2. The offers were not interesting/outdated buildings, the best thing I saw was Dark Doorway which is pretty good but overpriced for me.
3. I was expecting upgrades for new buildings e.g.
  1. Crow's Nest Upgrade Kit
  2. Abandoned Asylum Upgrade Kit
  3. World's Fair Upgrade Kit
  4. Cider Mill Upgrade Kit
  5. The Ship Upgrade Kit
kind of stuff.
4. Offering Medals/FP on Black Friday seems not cool, you can get them with regular play.
Regards

DeletedUser40996

Here is my feedback:
1. There were very few offers.
2. The offers were not interesting/outdated buildings, the best thing I saw was Dark Doorway which is pretty good but overpriced for me.
3. I was expecting upgrades for new buildings e.g. Crow's Nest/Abandoned Asylum/World's Fair kind of stuff.
4. Offering Medals/FP on Black Friday seems not cool, you can get them with regular play.
Regards
Have to agree to some extent. I certainly would have spent to get the 2 upgrades for the Crow's nest I missed out on in K world .