• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser37871

Heyyyy!! People on the Forge of Empires Forge Bowl 2019 Team!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I am not even tempted to buy diamonds/football packages because the prizes are boring!! WoooHooo!! Oh, I am not building that colossus. Nope! Not gonna happen.

RaveWolf

Heyyyy!! People on the Forge of Empires Forge Bowl 2019 Team!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I am not even tempted to buy diamonds/football packages because the prizes are boring!! WoooHooo!! Oh, I am not building that colossus. Nope! Not gonna happen.

Sorry, but I do not understand the purpose of this post?
Are you implying that one needs to spend Diamonds to get these prizes?
If yes, then you have been seriously misinformed or have not done research.

If I am wrong as to the above, then kindly advise on your point?

DeletedUser

Sorry, but I do not understand the purpose of this post?
Are you implying that one needs to spend Diamonds to get these prizes?
If yes, then you have been seriously misinformed or have not done research.

If I am wrong as to the above, then kindly advise on your point?
I think their point was that they don't like the prizes offered in this event. Can't please all the people.

RazorbackPirate

I agree. Why build the Colossus? Who needs the most powerful 4x4 introduced into the game in their city? You'd have to be an idiot to build that piece of crap. Same thing with the Garden Set. All those boosts in a 4x4 footprint? Who needs that mess? Math and FPs are so over rated.

mamboking053

Only problem I have with the Colossus is that it's a residential building. Who lives in a statue?

It seems more sensible for a statue to give Happiness than population, especially after we just got a population event building in the last event.

I think 1 or 2 sets of the Garden could be useful until you get a better source of attack boost. I'm not sure what one considers good efficiency attack boost/square-wise, but I think the best I seen so far in that regard is Cherry Garden Level 2.

DeletedUser30312

Coin producers are classified as Residentials, and I think all the multi-level buildings are base coin producers.

The Garden is a nice set all things considered. It's got a small footprint, and it's not great for plundering. Just 3 goods from a fully boosted set is kind of meh (well coins and supplies too, but who focuses on plundering that?). But you're the aggressive type who doesn't really focus too much on producing stuff, it's nice with those combat boosts. And it's one of the more versatile sets, though a player would probably want more Pools for the combat boosts using the other two pieces to keep it maxed. I got my two Patio pieces today, only took me about 5-6 tries and about 400-500 footballs. Just want two more Pools, and then I think I'll spend the rest of the footballs on Watchfires and upgrades. Or I could try grabbing some more Contestants Estates.

RazorbackPirate

The Garden is a nice set all things considered. It's got a small footprint, and it's not great for plundering. Just 3 goods from a fully boosted set is kind of meh (well coins and supplies too, but who focuses on plundering that?). But you're the aggressive type who doesn't really focus too much on producing stuff, it's nice with those combat boosts. And it's one of the more versatile sets, though a player would probably want more Pools for the combat boosts using the other two pieces to keep it maxed.
I also like the set. Yes, the attack and defense boosts, but I also like that it gives supplies that can be boosted, and it boosts supplies. Supplies are always my limiting factor when it comes to RQs. So, for my play style, this is a very well rounded set.

I've done well assembling set pieces so far. So, I've now moved the goal post and am now going for 3 complete sets plus an extra Pool for both cities. I have 2 complete sets, plus a 3rd patio, hoping to grab 2 Pools and 1 Statue when they make their second appearance. Hopefully I'm not tempted by SoKs along the way.:)

mamboking053

Coin producers are classified as Residentials, and I think all the multi-level buildings are base coin producers.

Ah. Thanks for explaining.

The Garden is a nice set all things considered. It's got a small footprint, and it's not great for plundering. Just 3 goods from a fully boosted set is kind of meh (well coins and supplies too, but who focuses on plundering that?). But you're the aggressive type who doesn't really focus too much on producing stuff, it's nice with those combat boosts. And it's one of the more versatile sets, though a player would probably want more Pools for the combat boosts using the other two pieces to keep it maxed. I got my two Patio pieces today, only took me about 5-6 tries and about 400-500 footballs. Just want two more Pools, and then I think I'll spend the rest of the footballs on Watchfires and upgrades. Or I could try grabbing some more Contestants Estates.

I guess there's never going to be an event building that gives you the attack and defense boost for attacking armies that you find on GB's huh? I originally thought that this was an awesome set until I realized it was just for city defense. Still good though.

*Arturis*

Not quite sure Germans have an accurate concept of football nor do they keep up with the rules. Lots of illegal contact out there and unsportsmanlike conduct. After every pass, the cornerbacks are knocking every receiver down.

Agent327

Not quite sure Germans have an accurate concept of football nor do they keep up with the rules. Lots of illegal contact out there and unsportsmanlike conduct. After every pass, the cornerbacks are knocking every receiver down.

Good thing then that this isn't football.

DeletedUser36624

The NFL has tried sponsoring leagues in Europe, with some teams in Germany. The leagues have always failed with abysmal attendance. As a side note, the NFL played an exhibition game in London in 1983, and the broadcast was promoted in what was then West Germany with the slogan, "Oh, du dickes Ei!" which means, "Oh, you fat egg!" referring to the shape of the football.

DeletedUser38007

So can you place two Garden pools with the other two Garden buildings sandwiched between them, so that both Pools will give the +2 bldg set bonus? or do you need two complete sets of all three buildings to get the +2bldg bonus?

DeletedUser

So can you place two Garden pools with the other two Garden buildings sandwiched between them, so that both Pools will give the +2 bldg set bonus? or do you need two complete sets of all three buildings to get the +2bldg bonus?
It has to be 2 unique buildings. So yes, you need the set of all three to get the +2 building bonus. That's how all sets work.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, as long as each piece is touching two other unique pieces, it will get full activation. A Pool on either end with one Statue and Patio in between will give you a 4x6 combo with all buildings fully activated.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, I've already seen a whale on one of my lesser worlds who already had several Classical sandwiches along with a fleet of Pirate Ships, a whole bunch of Contestant Estates, a forest of Cherry Gardens, and enough Elephant Fountains to make a decent sized water park.

ScreamingZiva

My Colossus is level 7 and I am currently sitting in the Bronze league.

I'll get an upgrade for being in the bronze league and then one more upgrade for the 50th quest.

This will put me at level 9. To get to level 10 I will need to:

Gain 40 yards (the next prize is the Wishing Well Shrink Kit) and then score another touchdown.

With only 840 footballs remaining from quests plus the 59 I have currently, I'm pretty sure I am not going to get that last upgrade without spending diamonds.

It is very disappointing that you can't finish this without spending diamonds.