Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Jan 11, 2019.

1. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Hardly cruel, they never even know. They're sleeping when the footballs arrive, when they wake up the event is gone. No harm, no foul.

As we will have one more DS, a level 1 Watchfire, I'm encouraged we'll also see one more drop of daily Footballs, but only time will tell.

2. aubreys.secret

aubreys.secret New Member

Kinda frustrated! Collected all of my daily footballs, completed the entire quest and am stuck at lv 9 with almost two entire football field lengths to go before I can get to level 10. Seems like the only way to achieve it is by buying footballs! Not cool!

3. RazorbackPirate

What League are you going to end in? It sounds like you have not taken the League upgrade into consideration.

4. aubreys.secret

I've been in Bronze the entire time. Did I miss something?

5. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

at the end of the event the bronze league reward gives u that last upgrade ya need!so no worries for ya:)

6. RazorbackPirate

If you're at level 9 now, you'll get one more upgrade from Bronze League at the end of the event, taking you to level 10.

7. aubreys.secret

Okay, cool! Thank you!

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  8. DreadfulCadillac

yw!u also get 50 fp and a reno kit:)u get these at 3 am eastern time tommorow morn.

9. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

That's supposed to drop at midnight then? I spent my footballs getting two complete sets and 2 extra pools and then waiting for an okay prize near the end of the event to spend the remainder. I was really annoyed when I logged on this morning and saw the DS awaiting my mighty stash of 5600 footballs was a freakin' Victory Tower upgrade. Trash! I've been hoping all day something useful would drop at the end so any DSs I pick up won't feel like a waste. Watchfires are good, I've been saving my stash for them or the upgrades. I don't need rogues, I'm pretty good on SoKs, and I don't use Wishing Wells in my main, so either Watchfires, upgrades, or 1 ups would have been good. Maybe Renos if nothing else, but I have a decent supply of those.

Over on Parkog, I dropped from Silver all the way down to Amateur, but my remainder got me back into Bronze. I hope things stay there more or less because I have enough upgrades there for the full Colossus. I don't even know how far I am on Jaims but I got that stash to blow through still. I certainly hope I get the whole thing.

Final results will be posted tomorrow.

10. RazorbackPirate

Midnight server time when the DS changes. We know we're getting another DS, pretty sure that means another 120 Footballs.

Are you ready for some midnight Fuuuurrrrggge Boooowwwwlll ?!?

11. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

The DS may change, but I'm willing to bet the Footballs won't appear.:)

12. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

As I suspected, no free Footballs tonight.

13. DreadfulCadillac

why not?they gave another 10 free stars when the prize changed for those last 4 hours on the winter event...

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  14. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Good, Watchfires. I spent my stock of footballs, using the best yard/football ratio ad picked up 12 Watchfires. That got me 8 upgrades on the last touchdown, and Bronze league. I'm at well over 700 yards, and Amateur starts down at 300, so unless West Coast whales go on a spending spree or something, I should pick up that last one in about 3 hours when things end.

Edward _MMXIII likes this.
  15. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

I completed all of the event quests, and I have only 7 upgrade kits. .Like a recurring quest, the same question is repeatedly evoked by the way this game is managed by InnoGames. .Is it incompetence or malice on their part?

Colossal 2.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. RazorbackPirate

I'm willing to bet you're right. The West Coast crew in my guild are also disappointed we were left hanging this time. We got an extra drop of stars for Winter Event. It's never a sure thing, but when it happens it's a welcome surprise.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  17. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

On their part? Neither.

This event had the least margin for error I've encountered so far but it was definitely able to be accomplished providing you didn't miss any login daily footballs. If you did miss logins then it'd depend on how well you're able to economise your passes as to whether you make it, get close or miss by a long shot.

18. RazorbackPirate

By the looks of things, you've got about 716 yards in total. If so, that means you selected only Gold players on the field. Had you either not played any Gold players, or just played Kyle whenever he appeared, you would have easily made those last few yards.

19. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

I got the full Colossus in all seven of my cities without spending a dime. Unfortunately, you did it wrong. I took advantage of this forum to choose the most efficient players. It was easy, no diamonds involved. So, neither malice nor incompetence...on their part.

20. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

Had to spend a total of 600 diamonds across two worlds to get 2 completed statues. I have no complaints, they were all made from GE and I really only use them for expansions.

This was a great event but that last minute worry about dropping leagues and nothing you can do is bothersome.