• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser31731

Not so much a comment as a question. Are the same sports buildings going to be available? Victory Plaza, Athlete's Quarters, Contestants Estates, Victors arena?

RazorbackPirate

I hope the Colossus is achievable without using diamonds, unlike in Beta.
Since you've obviously been monitoring the Beta site, you also know that they re-balanced the event one last time AFTER beta closed and BEFORE going live in order to make that possible.
Inno is getting quite the rep offsite for being cash greedy with it's players, even if I feel that reputation is currently undeserved, since I've gotten everything without having to spend cash. Making it impossible to get the main event prize without spending diamonds, and the out roar over that would likely keep many new players away, and drive some current ones elsewhere.
Unfortunately, it's because folks like you post half truths like this (Fake News?) in order to stir the pot. Good job. You've done your part to further the undeserved reputation, keep new players away, and drive some current ones elsewhere.
Reputations are fickle things.
Especially when being continually torn down by entitled players spreading falsehoods (Lies?).

Bruadhin

Since you've obviously been monitoring the Beta site, you also know that they re-balanced the event one last time AFTER beta closed and BEFORE going live in order to make that possible.

Unfortunately, it's because folks like you post half truths like this (Fake News?) in order to stir the pot. Good job. You've done your part to further the undeserved reputation, keep new players away, and drive some current ones elsewhere.

Especially when being continually torn down by entitled players spreading falsehoods (Lies?).

I have to say, that is one thing I have really liked about FOE so far. While there are plenty of opportunities and incentives to spend money, I have never felt that is was required to advance and/or enjoy the game.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Actually, no I didn't know about the rebalance after the event ended on beta. That is good news. I don't play on beta, but did follow the thread right up until the event ended, so what I posted was correct and truthful. I think very few people know that it was rebalanced after the fact. I know that no one in any of my Guilds that have been discussing it quite heatedly has a clue about the rebalance, including people who play on beta.

As to posting fake news, I can post up a ton of offsite links where people complain about Inno making their games increasingly PTP. If I see them someplace I can post, I have always come to InnoGames defense. Posting that I don't want something to happen, the reason why, and what I believe the consequences would be on Inno's own site isn't stirring up the hunny pot or spreading fake news. It is telling how I feel directly to the company making the game. Nothing backhanded about it.

I think your accusation towards me is very undeserved and offensive.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Actually, no I didn't know about the rebalance after the event ended on beta. That is good news. I don't play on beta, but did follow the thread right up until the event ended, so what I posted was correct and truthful. I think very few people know that it was rebalanced after the fact. I know that no one in any of my Guilds that have been discussing it quite heatedly has a clue about the rebalance, including people who play on beta.
Sure, 'cause it's so much more fun to go off half cocked and rally the guild behind the evil that is Inno. No reason to follow up to see if and what Inno was going to do with the BETA RESULTS. Nope, you just couldn't wait to be the first one to jump on here with your nugget of bad news to reignite the tired old diamond debate. Here are the facts you missed:
So, we thought it would be a good idea to give you an update on our last batch of changes - the changes that will be in place for the event launch on the live servers:
  • Amateur League: Added Colossus Upgrade Kit, Removed One-Up Kit
  • Bronze-Gold League: Removed One-Up Kit, added Renovation Kit
  • Extended Bronze League to be top 25% (from 20%)
As to posting fake news, I can post up a ton of offsite links where people complain about Inno making their games increasingly PTP. If I see them someplace I can post, I have always come to InnoGames defense. Posting that I don't want something to happen, the reason why, and what I believe the consequences would be on Inno's own site isn't stirring up the hunny pot or spreading fake news. It is telling how I feel directly to the company making the game. Nothing backhanded about it.

I think your accusation towards me is very undeserved and offensive.
Now that you know 'the rest of the story' you can go do your thing, in your guild and on those other sites, and 'come to InnoGames' defense once more. With it's location first page and 4th post, you might also want to edit your OP to remove the false information that only perpetuates Inno's sullied reputation. Given your commitment to the truth and all.

Last edited:

OldTyme72

I did have to spend like 1400 on Beta to get mine at level 10. However that was before I found the chart Nodge posted.
I was just going for the stuff I could use.
Do all the quests & get into the Bronze reward package (for your final upgrade) and it shouldn't be too hard.

RazorbackPirate

I did have to spend like 1400 on Beta to get mine at level 10. However that was before I found the chart Nodge posted.
I was just going for the stuff I could use.
Do all the quests & get into the Bronze reward package (for your final upgrade) and it shouldn't be too hard.
Yes, and that was Beta. Unfortunately, you wasted those diamonds. Because of the imbalance (since corrected), Inno is putting 2 Colossus Upgrades into each Beta player's inventory on Monday. Nodge's chart will be helpful, (same numbers as on the fan wiki), it's the final re-balance that will make the difference. However, I do expect there will be many players, who will play solely on the basis of highest % at the Daily Special, who will not get a fully upgraded Colossus, but that will be their error, not Inno's.

DeletedUser28371

Yes, and that was Beta. Unfortunately, you wasted those diamonds. Because of the imbalance (since corrected), Inno is putting 2 Colossus Upgrades into each Beta player's inventory on Monday. Nodge's chart will be helpful, (same numbers as on the fan wiki), it's the final re-balance that will make the difference. However, I do expect there will be many players, who will play solely on the basis of highest % at the Daily Special, who will not get a fully upgraded Colossus, but that will be their error, not Inno's.

DeletedUser28371

I find that will the difficulty of get the prize building to final level for a lot of people that I wont even place the colossus unless I have all 9 upgrades. Its ugly and unfinished without them. Also, I find this to be more of a go way to get buildings and resourses more than a specific prize. Mind you I would love a Tholos upgrade myself.

Agent327

I find that will the difficulty of get the prize building to final level for a lot of people that I wont even place the colossus unless I have all 9 upgrades. Its ugly and unfinished without them. Also, I find this to be more of a go way to get buildings and resourses more than a specific prize. Mind you I would love a Tholos upgrade myself.

People will not place it unless you have all levels????

Sorry, but you do not make sense at all.

UBERhelp1

People will not place it unless you have all levels????

Sorry, but you do not make sense at all.
It looks extremely ugly with scaffolding. This could be a reason why players won't build it.

Note: Personally, I'd build it anyway, but I know a lot who wouldn't.

Zatrikon

Doesn't it look like the receivers are trying to run the wrong way when they catch the ball? The defense player knocks them down *towards* the end zone!

With these Watchfire Upgrades, we'll now need Ritual Flame Upgrades. Ritual Flame, being currently not upgradable, is strictly worse than having two Watchfires for the same use of space.

Other than these minor complaints, I'm enjoying the event so far. It seems to me that the Colossus is an OK use of space at level 5 or 6, and becomes good at level 7, and is very definitely worth it at level 8.