• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

ScreamingZiva

Sounds like you chose your players based on what was in the chest and/or the highest DS% regardless of yard/football ratio. You went for the short term rewards and will now fall short of the full prize without diamonds.
And that is exactly what is wrong with this event. You shouldn't have to play a guessing game within a game to get a max prize. How many people play this game that don't read forums or the wiki and are going to miss out on a fully upgraded Colossus because they didn't know they had to pick the best ratio players every single time they threw the ball?

If someone completes the event, the event should be balanced so they should have enough upgrades for a maxed Colossus.

DeletedUser

And that is exactly what is wrong with this event. You shouldn't have to play a guessing game within a game to get a max prize. How many people play this game that don't read forums or the wiki and are going to miss out on a fully upgraded Colossus because they didn't know they had to pick the best ratio players every single time they threw the ball?

If someone completes the event, the event should be balanced so they should have enough upgrades for a maxed Colossus.
That is exactly the reason to be a regular reader of the Forum. All the advice you needed to avoid this issue was available here very early in the event. And now you know for the next time, because this is how the Forge Bowl events have worked. Whenever an event is getting ready to start, or has just started, come here and read that event's feedback thread and any other threads you can find on the event. You'll be much happier with the events if you do. :)

P.S.: Few of us avoided these mistakes when we first started playing the game. Trial and error, good mentors and finding and reading the Forum has improved the game play of pretty much every regular here.

RazorbackPirate

I wholeheartedly disagree. This is a strategy game after all, it's about time we have an event that requires some. We were basically given the choice between short term rewards and long term rewards for free.

If your primary goal was a fully upgraded Colossus for free, it was mathematically impossible NOT to get one without spending diamonds.

With Leagues based on total yards, it was easy to see that the most efficient players would get you the best League, inefficient players would likely land you in a lower League.

If your primary goal was the contents of each chest and/or the highest Daily Special % regardless of Football / yard cost, then you got those things, but will only get a level 9 Colossus for free.

You went for the short term goodies and a still want a full Colossus, but found out that both requires diamonds. You now have buyer's remorse confronting the consequences of your own choices.

This was the most perfectly balanced event Inno has ever produced. I like that I'll end this event with a fully upgraded Colossus with no useless upgrades or bases leftover. I got tons of Daily Specials adding 5 - 6 SoKs to both of my cities, 3 complete Classical Garden Sets plus an extra Pool for each, the other touchdown rewards, and the assorted whatnot from the chests. I have over 1,000 Footballs left in each city to grab some Rogue Dens as I score the last few touchdowns.

A little planning, a little patience, and I got exactly what I wanted from this event. No diamonds needed. No reason others couldn't.

DeletedUser35173

Horribly disappointing to work at the quest line all this time, then with such a short time remaining I get a "quest" saying come back in 19 hours.
That just sucks. How is that a quest? It's just a cheap and nasty trick to pull that on us.

Algona

Horribly disappointing to work at the quest line all this time, then with such a short time remaining I get a "quest" saying come back in 19 hours.
That just sucks. How is that a quest? It's just a cheap and nasty trick to pull that on us.

There's nothing to be disappointed about. The Two Event Quest Lines are working exactly the way INNO has run the last few Events, exactly as we were told it would work.

I'd recommend to avoid surprises like this in future Events you check the Forums or the spoilers at the fan wikia at the start of the Event instead of waiting until the last few days.

We're all in the same situation, going down to the last few days, desperately wanting the last few footballs to get the last few yards to get the last second touchdown for the win.

Good luck.

DeletedUser33179

It's not a quest. Nor is it a trick. You've merely caught up with the daily questline - only 1 new quest given each day.

UBERhelp1

Well, this was one of my favorite events ever on this game, for a couple reasons:
  1. A powerful main building that looks pretty good
  2. The event is so perfectly balanced that I will get level 10 Colossi on all my worlds that I played the event on, but not before the last day. I like this a lot because with most events I get the main building early then just have to wait around.
  3. I got good rewards :)
More events like this would be great. The only thing that could have been done better is if this event ended on Super Bowl Sunday :p.... OH WAIT! It does!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok, it's the 4th Qtr and we're at the 2 minute warning

Scored a couple shrinky dink rogue kits which i used and checked my upgrades.

Even with logging in everyday and finishing the event I WILL STILL NEED ONE MORE TOUCHDOWN which may need me to source diamonds after all.

Is it worth it ?

The answer would be YES and would be the first time in 6 years that I will make a small donation to the firm named INNOGAMES.

Give that programmer a bonus for making the FREEMIUM players pull out their wallets LOLOLOLOL

I like the fact that INNO is hinting at the 7 wonders of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Ancient_World

You;ve got the GBs Zeus, Litehouse of Alex. .... ya picked up on the Oracle of Delphi ( not a wonder but historically recorded) , the ToR is kind of a throwback to the Great Pyramids and now there;s the Colossus of Rhodes , which probably had the shortest lifespan of all the wonders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven...media/File:Ancient_seven_wonders_timeline.svg
You're not forgetting the one you get with the last quest completion and the one you'll undoubtedly get from your league finish, are you?

Jern2017

My Colossus is currently at level 7. I was getting worried I couldn't score a touchdown without spending diamonds. But now, I'm two more passes away from a touchdown. That will get me an upgrade, plus one more from the league reward and final quest reward each. To me, it looks easily doable without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser32973

I'm seeing a few people saying that there was a strategy for this event to get a fully upgraded colossus. The efficiency of each player was close enough that it didn't really matter. I went for best DS players and I'm still getting the fully upgraded colossus on my 9 worlds. If anyone missed out it's because they didn't log in every day.

RazorbackPirate

I'm seeing a few people saying that there was a strategy for this event to get a fully upgraded colossus. The efficiency of each player was close enough that it didn't really matter. I went for best DS players and I'm still getting the fully upgraded colossus on my 9 worlds. If anyone missed out it's because they didn't log in every day.
According to the math, anyone's whose footballs / yard ratio exceeded 4.72 will fall short of the 9th touchdown needed. So folks who just played the Gold players or selected players based on the contents of the chests, will only get a level 9 Colossus for free. If they want a level 10, they'll need to spend diamonds for those last few yards.

Well done Inno. The pigs got fat, the hogs got slaughtered.;)

DawnLight the Just

It would have been real nice if they had said in the beginning that they weren't going to offer the Colossus upgrade as a prize and that it wouldn't be possible to get it without using diamonds. What a crap event.

RazorbackPirate

It would have been real nice if they had said in the beginning that they weren't going to offer the Colossus upgrade as a prize and that it wouldn't be possible to get it without using diamonds. What a crap event.
I never thought it would be offered as a prize and I'm getting a level 10 in two cities for free. Great event for me. Might want to recheck your math.

ODragon

I never thought it would be offered as a prize and I'm getting a level 10 in two cities for free. Great event for me. Might want to recheck your math.

Some people wrongfully thought it would be like last year (I think), where the upgrade was the 2nd to last one. Personally, even following all the strategies, I'm only going to be at level 9 without diamonds. Still a great building like that. I'll decide tomorrow if I spend them to finish. I got really unlucky with who showed up on the field.

DeletedUser35173

It's not a quest. Nor is it a trick. You've merely caught up with the daily questline - only 1 new quest given each day.
Well that's something I didn't know. I was just unsure what was up as on one world it told me to come back in 5 hours, while the other world gave me a 19 hour delay.
Anyways I finished the quests now so all happy.... or I will be if I get that one final upgrade.

BruteForceAttack

Well guess what, they did tell that the upgrade will not be available as daily prize on facebook live event.