• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2020

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

Kranyar the Mysterious

I hope there isn't a limit on the number of events per day. If you cannot log in the last 3 days and there is only one event allowed per day, you will not be able to finish all events.
Of course there is. It was even stated in the blurb. Every event is like this, and I doubt it will ever change.

DeletedUser29726

I hope there isn't a limit on the number of events per day. If you cannot log in the last 3 days and there is only one event allowed per day, you will not be able to finish all events.

I'm assuming you mean quests? There will be. The first half or so of quests will be able to be completed as fast as they arrive, and then the last quests will be unlocked one more per day. If you're not able to login in the last 30ish hours of the event you will not be able to finish the quest line.

To be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR...

1) After activating it, your coach will available for 24 hours, however, he will have a cooldown timer to be used again (except for the coaches 1 & 5).
1.A. Means: You can use coaches 1 and 5 as long as you like (1-4 are free, 5 costs diamonds). There is no cool-down for them unless you switch coaches.

2) You can switch the coach anytime, but doing so will add a cooldown of 24 hours to the previous coach.
2.A. Means: If you switch coaches, the one you had (previously) cools down for 24 hours; making a switch back more difficult.

***So...Unless you have coach 1 or 5, you can only use a coach for 24 hours (he works every-other day). If you switch coaches, the one you fired will be unavailable to rehire for 24 hours. Right?

DeletedUser29726

To be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR...

1) After activating it, your coach will available for 24 hours, however, he will have a cooldown timer to be used again (except for the coaches 1 & 5).
1.A. Means: You can use coaches 1 and 5 as long as you like (1-4 are free, 5 costs diamonds). There is no cool-down for them unless you switch coaches.

2) You can switch the coach anytime, but doing so will add a cooldown of 24 hours to the previous coach.
2.A. Means: If you switch coaches, the one you had (previously) cools down for 24 hours; making a switch back more difficult.

***So...Unless you have coach 1 or 5, you can only use a coach for 24 hours (he works every-other day). If you switch coaches, the one you fired will be unavailable to rehire for 24 hours. Right?

That is correct. Coach 1 and 5 can be hired whenever. Coach 2-4 cannot be rehired within 24 hours of firing/expiring them.

mamboking053

Somewhat...

There's two questlines- the Main and the Daily. You have the opportunity to do all Main Quests at once, but there is one Daily Quest given for every day of the event, and each one of those quests unlocks only when it's respective day arrives. So if the event started on the 14th and you didn't log in till the 28th, you will be able to do all the Main event quests and all the Daily's up till the 28th.

However, you get a certain amount of event currency for logging in everyday and you will miss these if you don't log in and collect on that day and risk not being able to complete the main event building, so it's advised to at least log in and collect them if you can't actually play the event every day.

qaccy

While I like the prize selection for this event, I don't like the coach mechanic. Rather than being bonus effects, the coaches' effects are factored into the overall event balancing, so unless I pay 150 diamonds for the 'everything' coach I'm getting a worse event experience than last year.

DeletedUser41394

Overall a very good event. Good things: a reward with each payment, the ability to select among limited choices for what reward is given. These were characteristics of the summer baking event and should be maintained in all events. Improvements: allow a player to select a smaller number of players with the rewards the player values most that would be the only ones available for selection, post each one of the daily rewards at the start of the event. Both of these suggested improvements would provide valuable feedback to the programmers about what things motivate the players.

RazorbackPirate

Overall a very good event. Good things: a reward with each payment, the ability to select among limited choices for what reward is given. These were characteristics of the summer baking event and should be maintained in all events.
Be aware, selecting players based on the rewards they offer will almost certainly keep you from getting a fully upgraded Olympic Treasury for free. Most likely you'll end up 1 or 2 upgrades short, and will need diamonds to get the extra footballs you'll need to run the extra plays you'll need to complete it.

Algona

Nice job INNO of more Quest, uh, heh, innovation.

I like the choice between donating specific Goods of two different Eras.

The previous Era productions is brutal! I love it, an actual challenge. Too bad there is an alternate, the forum dookystorm woulda been beaucoup fun.

Interesting connection there, a focus on previous Era productions and Goods. Idea sparked by the newly created shortage of Previous Era Goods due to GBG Negotiaion? INNO trying to subtly point players to the need to consider Previous Era production? Coincidence? Algona creating conspiracy theories?

Speaking of dookystorms or lack thereof none over the Diamand coach? Just give it time!

DeletedUser43296

So if you wind up inside the 10 yard line at the end of the calendar day do you go back to your own 20 on the next day or can you complete the touchdown on the next calendar day?

DeletedUser31540

So if you wind up inside the 10 yard line at the end of the calendar day do you go back to your own 20 on the next day or can you complete the touchdown on the next calendar day?

A new day does not reset progress on the gridiron !

My strategy ... wait til the event is 85% done (or thereabouts), wait for a good daily special, activate diamond coach, spend all my footballs on the most play that yields the most efficient yardage for the cost

DeletedUser43296

That's an interesting strategy! I sort of guessed that my field position would not reset because that was the way it was in the Winter Event. But I was inside the 10 and I didnt' want to lose that. Thanks for the info.

UBERhelp1

Well... I used the UC and 3.5k FB and got 9 SOs... meaning I will get a minimum of 32% attacking army defense boost from this event, 50% if I get the upgrades, and even more if I get lucky. I think this event is unbalanced. There is too large an opportunity to increase attacking army defense. The powercreep just took a leap.

Freshmeboy

Good news: I'm 35 for 35 in pass completion...Bad news: I'm on my fourth QB because the mike backer keeps blitzing and , apparently, helmet to helmet contact is not only allowed, its encouraged. Looks like the waterboy will be next up on my QB depth chart...

DeletedUser36145

Well, the choice of daily specials for the first two days nearly finished the event for me.
I managed to finish the main questline and the first two quests of the daily. With the gathered balls and the help of the UC I got a new fully upgraded Colossus and 9 SO (10 if we consider the 4th touchdown reward). A total of 19 DS and still 850 balls left.
So, the only thing left for me is to get 10 SO upgrades, which won't be so difficult, unless they are released too early and only once.
There seems not to be any problems with the Treasury as well, as I need only 4 more touchdowns, which will cost approximately 2K balls and I will get around 5K till the end of the event.
As a conclusion, extremely easy event, maybe much too easy.

DeletedUser25203

Am I the only one noticing that on QUEST 7 the "incidents" never shop up, forcing you to lose 2h dealing antiquities? Playing in C, D, V and W. All the same. Not the first time I see this happen, also in the prior Christmas event.
Coincidence? Or foul play?

Graviton

Am I the only one noticing that on QUEST 7 the "incidents" never shop up, forcing you to lose 2h dealing antiquities? Playing in C, D, V and W. All the same. Not the first time I see this happen, also in the prior Christmas event.
Coincidence? Or foul play?

I only had that issue in one world out of seven, but then I don't touch my city the day before an event starts: don't collect any troops that are ready, don't touch incidents, don't collect your Tavern, don't aid Friends or sit in their Taverns, don't do anything on the campaign map, don't do any story, bonus, or recurring quests...I don't even spend FPs if I can help it. All of those things will show up as Event quests at some point. Also, when you know an even is going to start, put stuff up for barter in the AD ahead of time so you don't have to wait 2 hours. Preparation is key.

Last edited: